test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

ATTN Devs. Stop punishing and start rewarding players for playing your game.

winteranestiwinteranesti Member Posts: 135 Arc User
The title says it all. I see constant punishment given to long term players over and over for all the efforts put into their characters. Please hear me out before you all bring out the fire and pitch forks and demand my account get banned. Cryptic first, you made a great effort to bring out account wide legendary mounts for people to get a hold of and I now see new Mythic mounts coming. Please keep those account wide too. Anyway, my idea would be to reward players for staying and playing daily. Much like the beloved endeavor system in Star Trek Online also owned by you which I also played since Legacy of Romulus and love it. It would be a great reward to bring that system over to Never Winter. This way no matter how much you change classes, nerf companions, enchants, and items. This would be the one thing you would not take away from the players as its account wide bonus unlocks. Please watch this video Chris and please...please I am begging you to consider this for players of the Never Winter game. If successful you can give it something that is earned over time slowly like in Star Trek that can give say 10% damage, outgoing heals, incoming heals, ect. by slowly increasing perk points in Never Winter. Please look at this video, please think of the possibility of long term players staying even longer. Thank you for your time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stFhwX_36Yk

Comments

• winteranestiwinteranesti Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    Wait till you see next mod and the healers. Nerfs are coming, all I am saying is for players who I see leave constantly due to the punishment of the classes with each mod, offer something that would entice them to stay so with constant changes to their favorite class, maybe they will be able to make up for the losses by slowly unlocking bonuses to make up for the changes. You really have to see the bigger picture. The forest through the trees kind of thing.
  • fleudermausfleudermaus Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Mod 19 looks like a disaster that will dwarf Mod 16 and possibly be even worse than the release of "Delta Rising" in Star Trek Online. The nerfs will cause the usual % of players to leave but the introduction of CARS as mounts will end the game for real Dungeons and Dragons players. With the advent of Cars, motorbikes and machine guns will not be far behind and by Mod 20 or 21 the game will look more like an amalgam of DOOM, Farcry, GTA 5 and BDO than a game that is supposed to be Dungeons and Dragons. Sorry, I've played Neverwinter almost since it was released out of open beta and I grit my teeth and "adjusted" to Neverwinter Jurassic Park Mod but cars..... cars are a redline. Please Don't.
    >}--;--'--,----
    LOVECAREHOPESUPPORTCOMMUNITYSHARINGPEACE

• josephskyrimjosephskyrim Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    While I can't comment on the rest of it, the "CARS" mounts might not actually be Cryptic's fault. Someone at Wizards of the Coast decided that Infernal Warmachines (cars) were a part of the Descent into Avernus campaign, which is what Infernal Descent is based of. Links below:

Baldur's Gate: Descent Into Avernus official page
    Descent Into Avernus: Mad Max in Hell review

For the record, I'm not liking cars in this world either, though it does give one less argument to eventually adding a Spelljammer module, which for those who don't know is "ships in spaaaaaace!". Ideally Cryptic can steal some stuff from Startrek Online for that.
    If you can't stand on a chest, it is a mimic!
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    Is the Hellfire engine mount a kind of "car" already?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    edited May 2020
    Yep that certainly is a car, and there are more coming. Strange that there's a distinction for it when there are Gond's robotic lobsters running around as well as those floating beholder tanks, but I guess those two are just out there enough to still be "fantasy". Hehe :)

The xbox one guys have a similar thread with more info on it
    Post edited by josephskyrim on
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User

For the record, I'm not liking cars in this world either, though it does give one less argument to eventually adding a Spelljammer module...

It is NEVERWINTER. It should stay on Faerun/Toril. Honestly, it should stay on and around the Sword Coast.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    greywynd said:

For the record, I'm not liking cars in this world either, though it does give one less argument to eventually adding a Spelljammer module...

It is NEVERWINTER. It should stay on Faerun/Toril. Honestly, it should stay on and around the Sword Coast.
    Haha, don't worry Greywynd - Cryptic usually follows the leash by WotC so a spelljammer thing is highly unlikely in reality. Something like the Great Modron March would probably be at the limit of strange things they could implement... but then again... there is the AI mod... hmmm. Modrons seem quite doable all of a sudden! =P
  • volournvolourn Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    Name only tells a bit of the story. Baldur's Gate series didn't stick to Baldur's Gate either. Also, it's called NW so why stick To Feaurn? Just stick with NW City itself. It's in the name. Toril is part of the D&D multiverse. Everything in D&D can be included.

HINT: A certain lich you face in Chult isn't even a Realmsian character originally...
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    I agree and I often say that TITLES and some mechanics experience is the only thing I have to show for how much I've played this game.

MOD6 destroyed everything we've build since MOD1. MOD16 did that again.

This game is not at all friendly for old-time players, unless you are lucky enough to get something in a very brief period of time.

A system that rewards longtime players would be amazing.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language