test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

M19 on Preview Coming Soon!

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
Greetings!

We are aiming to get M19 out on Preview (Mimic) today, May 22, by 4pm PT. Due to the holiday weekend, official feedback threads will not go up until next week. As a reminder, all content on Mimic is subject to change but we hope folks enjoy exploring the content and continued story of Avernus!

Comments

• regpeiregpei Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    Patching!! <3
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

where is is 4:03 pm pt....

They can't exactly time things to the minute like you can with public transportation. Be patient, it'll be up when they finish getting the server up with the new content.
  • rev#7881 rev Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    cars and racing? oh this will be interesting :)
  • sunshinehappy#2439 sunshinehappy Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    I just saw the cleric changes. You failed us. We were already able to heal very well but we can't get invited because people want over shield from paladins instead. Now healing is even more complicated for no reason. I'm done
  • rev#7881 rev Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    Post edited by rev#7881 on
  • hamsterhero99#6999 hamsterhero99 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    The new 1300 ilvl weapon set bonus is a proper slap in the face for some classes. Now rangers and rogues will be top DPS hands down, due to spamming encounters way faster (rangers have 6 encounters and can use dailies more often) .... fighters and barbarians will struggle with this buff and that's 10% damage potentially... thanks ...
  • ph33rm3ph33rm3 Member Posts: 549 Arc User
    edited May 2020

The new 1300 ilvl weapon set bonus is a proper slap in the face for some classes. Now rangers and rogues will be top DPS hands down, due to spamming encounters way faster (rangers have 6 encounters and can use dailies more often) .... fighters and barbarians will struggle with this buff and that's 10% damage potentially... thanks ...

Yep and wizards have extremely long cool downs. Everything has become too hard with such a enormous grind that it has sucked all the fun out of the game. I can not and will not recommend this game to anyone I actually like. It has been designed by a small but very vocal set of forum users. What the average user wants does not matter.

R.I.P. To the game I used to love.

Maybe I'll start playing again in mod 20.
    Post edited by ph33rm3 on
  • drdark1217#6244 drdark1217 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    cleric looking like a DPS class now - i'm willing to wait and see what happens but now two classes have blue bars and one doesnt lol wonder who is getting left out - yea 3000 mag heal when u only need 1000 mag to get someone to full life - i know OGH was severely nerfed and maybe the heal formulas were changed? like i said i'm holding on by a thread but on the surface not looking good
    I haven't played with healing in a group environment yet, but the reduction of Out/incoming healing values doesn't seem to be a nerf. Healing is different now, it's too early to tell if it is for the better or worse. It took months for Arbiter to be recognized as one of the better dps classes, even though not much was changed. We are also in Preview...things can change.
  • carloswartune#5709 carloswartune Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    Some initial concerns as a Devout Cleric:

- Warlock's Soulpuppet (and probably other entities like Frozen's Journal Ice Warriors) apparently count for the "magnitude/target count" formula of the new heals. The situation is already bad now (they count for the 15 target limit, noticeable in ToMM), this seems worse.

- We are the only class who cannot offer any kind of "extra HP" now. Maybe making Astral Shield work like it did pre-m16 (area on the ground, did not limit the caster in any way) could be looked into. The old Anointed Army mitigation effect (similar to the Barkshield enchantment) could be given back too.

- The mark mechanic seems kinda erratic. I needed several tries to mark the tank successfully.

- The marks for Paladin and Cleric are identical. Please make them different.

- The mark symbol gets hidden easily by the target's HP bar and Name. Maybe making them stand a little higher would help? Or at least make them have "z-index priority" so they appear over the HP bar, not under (IDK if that's possible, considering the HP bar is UI and the mark seems not to be).

- Not having an explicit way to get divinity back is annoying.

I tried doing IC and I just couldn't manage divinity in a decent way. This was kinda expected, I'm new to the mechanics after all, but it got me concerned. I'll do some more testing later.
  • hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    ph33rm3 said:

Chris said "No more nerfs". Well. We can see what his word is worth. *shakes head*

Tbh I see no nerfs. Imo healing got a nice buff. We have high base heals with small multiplicators so new players are able to heal decently.

What excactly do you mean? At least explain it if you say something like this.
    Post edited by hastati96 on
    Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression
  • mongol69mongol69 Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    Players will just have to follow mechanics, avoid red aoes, and not run around with low negative ich again. It's attainable to wear rusted leggings with 30% ich on live using r15 tacts, alluring insight and ich boon.
  • taroka#8079 taroka Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    DC changes are terrible and unfair. No buffs, no shields, or temporary hp. Nerf only. From 63% outgoing healing to 22%. No magnitude can replace this. Besides, this new mechanics is hopeless. I don't like it.
    edited May 2020

arazith07 said:

BiS comes and goes, not like most armor is all that hard to get. Now that we can no longer completely cancel out the negative affects of those boots, we get more choices back into building out a character. They will still be BiS in solo content, and in other content where you won't take much damage, but maybe thing may now be worth while instead for group content. Those Rusted Leggings are by no means completely useless though. You now have a choice that has real meaning more damage vs more survival, where before it was a no brainer choice.

yes... BiS comes and goes. it's supposed to be because something *better* came along, though, or because gear became outdated over time and simple ilvl/stat setups moving on caused a change. it is *not* supposed to be because the devs arbitrarily nerfed incoming healing by 60%, one mod after a piece of gear was introduced. also, i would not agree with the contention that gear-pieces that people have already discarded as having undesireable bonuses being all that's left, actually equates to 'more choice'. that is not 'more choice', that is " we're taking away a choice because not enough people are using these HAMSTER options and we feel unappreciated " type petty behaviour.

and don't forget that the incoming healing nerfs will hit melee classes harder than ranged, especially in content like TIC. melee's get hit more. they need healed more. nerf to incoming and outgoing healing is a nerf to melee survivability, leggings or no leggings.
    Just because some people disregard the leggings as undesirable now, doesn't mean everyone will. I for one plan to use them still.

I've heard from others that the healing changes ends up with larger heals, to the point where clerics are asking for some sort of shield or temp HP instead. Need to look at the whole picture, if before the healing is x(1.6+1.1)= 1.76x where X is the healer's heal (1.6 Out+1.1 Inc) and the equation changes to 1.5x (1.3+0.05)=2.025x is the incoming healing/outgoing healing still a nerf? Granted, I am assuming that the 50% nerf to one side is a 50% increase to the other but, the point is, we need to know how much healing has changed on the healer side before we can flat out say that it is a nerf.
  • xenocide#6119 xenocide Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    Soulweavers no longer have a cleanse?

Was this removed by mistake?
  • justtester#3228 justtester Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    @nitocris83 You really should hire someone who can write patchontes and can do it in time.
    This forum is an echo chamber
  • matii#4660 matii Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    Where is new companion gear?
  • serpeer#6400 serpeer Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    So healers nerf, tactics nerf, outgoing heal pets nerf
    nice. trying to kick players again like in mod 16
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User

Where is new companion gear?

theres a few in collections all single stats till i could find
    also 4 new rings 2 offence and 2 defence really nice ones even is +Atwill dmg is HAMSTER are rings that really want
  • matii#4660 matii Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    rafaelda said:

theres a few in collections all single stats till i could find
    also 4 new rings 2 offence and 2 defence really nice ones even is +Atwill dmg is HAMSTER are rings that really want

Thanks, they are displayed only after selecting "Show by location"