test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Any way to clear my ignore list all at once?

drartwhodentdrartwhodent Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 301 Arc User
First, it is very VERY large after more than 6 years of playing.
Second, the guild I am in changed alliances lately and it seems that more than a few members of the new alliance had found their way into my ignore list prior to the change. It makes for some very strange half conversations in alliance chat. I know it is not just some people typing in their guild chat and others replying in alliance chat since I see replies from several guilds.

I tried deleting some people from my ignore list one at a time but it takes way too much time. 3-5 seconds for the game to register me clicking on a new name, 2-3 seconds to register that I clicked 'remove from list' button, and wait a few more seconds for the full list to refresh so that I can click on the next name. Doing this one by one for thousands and thousands of account names would eat up my playing time for the next month or more!

I figure that most of the spammers accounts that I put on ignore 3-6 years ago are no longer used and I am wiling to start over 'reporting' any that are still active and spewing.
DON'T
PANIC!

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    One by one. Step by step. Inch by inch.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    greywynd said:

One by one. Step by step. Inch by inch.

Niagara Falls!
  • bayaz#7892 bayaz Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    Could you just look in your fellow guilds rooster, check "show offline players", sort them by account and then check all those accounts one by one.

It might still take an hour or three, but definetly not months
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    Well, open your ignore list, scroll down to the last entry, select it, hold Enter, then click Remove, keep on removing until your list is empty again. It will take a while to clear a large list... been there, done that... so, get some nice music and keep on clicking.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    All I can recommend is to clear monthly. I clear my Iggy list on the first of each month, I call amnesty on all blocked players.

Several reason why I do this;
    • I might have been in a mood, over reacted, and not thinking clearly.
    • I tend to block guild spam ads, LFG, etc. people do advertise, which is not a "bad thing" but sometimes it can get distracting.
    • Gibberish & Nonsense. Many times I assume the child or cat has control of the keyboard when this happens.
    • Anyone else, such as gold spammers and trolls will tend to move on after a month.
    wb-cenders.gif