test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

LOMM DPS Constant AOE.

Hi, I run a 26k SW close enough to endgame, 185k power, lots of experience.
LoMM was easy before patch; Now fubar.
During the Arcturia phase, my character experiences constant aoe if she's top dps, making it impossible not to die to roots or lose contact with mimics during that phase.
I have run it with excellent healers, and tanks that can sustain agro without problems. But it doesn't seem to help, and if I die and agro is transferred to the tank, as soon as I'm rezzed it jumps back onto me.
If you insist on keeping this dungeon in the same que as Malabog, then it is destined to be less popular than the buggy Castle Ravenloft.

Thanks for your time.

Comments

• tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    i hate to break it to you, but a tank tank without agro problems wont lose agro to you.
  • burnthedead#7732 burnthedead Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    K but those better geared? like the dozen or so I've seen? all bad agro?
  • durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User
    you know, the damage from those dark roots is not constant, but on 3 to 4 ticks, spread out for every ~3 seconds or so. if you time your shift mechanic when it ticks, you wont get damaged.
  • finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    A lot of DPS players seems to forget that they are playing in a group, and the total of group performance is what counts and not that cursed list...

This list hype (read the race to becoming top DPS) is mostly caused with people with total ignorance that they are in a group with a tank... eg. Starting full aggro on boss before Tanks does, I tend to let those folks die... Run ahead and pulling trash for their own gain, I tend to let them die... In case of a tank with performing multiple pulls and DPS players start to DPS the mobs behind the tank while he is running to pull next group of mobs, I tend to let those folks die..
    Why, if you ask??... Plain and simple, they are no tanks, just squishies...
    Keep standing in HAMSTER like dark weed because DPS is more important is asking for death, Thank God that Lifesteal isnt in game anymore...
    Simple rule, you pull HAMSTER... Deal with it.. But dont blame the tank and/or healer for it.

Players who group with me in Lomm knows what I am capable of,
    Gear doesn't make you automaticly a good tank, that is a hype.. Believe me because you have tanks and tanks.

Feel free to invite me sometime for a LoMM run and I'll show you
    Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer