test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rediculous Timing of Bel Insurgencies

stonerwstonerw Member Posts: 23 Arc User
I mean, every time log on, the insurgencies won't open for like 1.5 hours. When they DO open, you have about 10-15 minutes to advance all your toons the allowable 20% per day. I have 7 toons but can barely fit in 3 before insurgencies close again. Devs, this situation is really, really poorly thought out. Please make insurgencies last longer or more frequent. We can't all afford to sit around in game 6-12 hours a day, and when I have a 30 min window to play I often can't do the insurgencies. This is the ONLY quest line that I have to waste time waiting around. I hoped that Bel would keep my interest in the game, but it won't if the current setup continues.

Comments

• namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    Something tells me that if it requires you being able to take all 7 toons through episode 1 at the same time to stay interested, you are probably a tough customer to satisfy and not worth keeping.
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    Oh come on now if only the easy to satisfy players that think this is great design will stay you can tank and heal and dps IC by yourself or queue for RTQ for the next year.

On the OP:
    I simply don't run Avernus OR RoB on anything but my HR because I don't want to do this to myself. Maybe later.
    - bye bye -
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    stonerw said:

I mean, every time log on, the insurgencies won't open for like 1.5 hours. When they DO open, you have about 10-15 minutes to advance all your toons the allowable 20% per day. I have 7 toons but can barely fit in 3 before insurgencies close again. Devs, this situation is really, really poorly thought out. Please make insurgencies last longer or more frequent. We can't all afford to sit around in game 6-12 hours a day, and when I have a 30 min window to play I often can't do the insurgencies. This is the ONLY quest line that I have to waste time waiting around. I hoped that Bel would keep my interest in the game, but it won't if the current setup continues.

I haven't even started Bel yet, but from general chat, Alliance Chat and this kind of post, it looks like people are way frustrated at waiting around to do something to advance toons. Seems like very poor design to me.

Disclaimer I have no first hand knowledge of this Bel thing at all but ALL conversations around it seem negative
  • indro100indro100 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 67 Arc User
    This event is only for wallet players, get really strong, take everything away from other players and run the boss over and over again, you have only 3 mins to get to try to upgrade to 20%.... Came back after many years but nothing has changed here....
  • therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User

I haven't even started Bel yet, but from general chat, Alliance Chat and this kind of post, it looks like people are way frustrated at waiting around to do something to advance toons. Seems like very poor design to me.

Disclaimer I have no first hand knowledge of this Bel thing at all but ALL conversations around it seem negative

"Fun" fact: You do NOT advance your toons at all when you do this content. There is NO progress for your toons with this episode. The only progress seems to be noticable with the "Enduring-bad-game-design-o-meter" (TM) of the players.
  • eliasar#2396 eliasar Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    stonerw said:

Exactly same situation here. I had high hopes for Bel and was kind of satisfied by what I saw in test server. However, putting amusing 20% daily cap (I would understand and approve 50% or slightly less) with combination of these ridiculous timers completely killed my interest in the new content.
    So in summary, you have designed is quite literally a few minutes at best to get your cap (lets say… 10-15 minutes with generosity as it can be even less) and then have to wait almost two hours to either finish or get time to log in during this very short time window.
    I´m sorry to say this, I appreciate the effort of continuous development and I really liked duel with Bel, but... come on, this will make even more people to turn away from Neverwinter.
  • micheal1979micheal1979 Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    indro100 said:

This event is only for wallet players, get really strong, take everything away from other players and run the boss over and over again, you have only 3 mins to get to try to upgrade to 20%.... Came back after many years but nothing has changed here....

Nothing to do with wallet warriors. When you are gone for years from game you shouldn't expect to return and run latest content. By the time your character is caught up won't be that many running insurgencies so you are sure to complete it. Best of luck in game and welcome back.
    We Are Crolm
    Believer in SMASH
    Fairplay,no bots , no bugs, and play well
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnN0Yofs-Scv1nd8U_bSYLA/featured
  • adsfelipeadsfelipe Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    guys, the problem is not you if u will get strong or whatever else...

the problem is the content is buggy, not fun and frustrating..
    this type of thing can kill neverwinter, and nobody wants that.
  • zeitghost#4510 zeitghost Member Posts: 4 Arc User

"Fun" fact: You do NOT advance your toons at all when you do this content. There is NO progress for your toons with this episode. The only progress seems to be noticable with the "Enduring-bad-game-design-o-meter" (TM) of the players.
    Listen here bub, no one wants your sassy mouth.
  • rerepete#2864 rerepete Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    I have 3 toons. Since new content dropped, I have gotten 2% on one name, 9% on another and nothing on the third. It is much simpler to rank up the chains from chult than this box.
  • krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    Yeah it use to surprise me how Cryptic could mess up an event or new content with poor design, now I expect it and am surprised that they are able to keep topping themselves on poorly thought out content in new and fresh ways.
  • rerepete#2864 rerepete Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    It would help if you could absorb dark glyphworks magic in challenging Bel.
  • josephskyrimjosephskyrim Member Posts: 356 Arc User

It would help if you could absorb dark glyphworks magic in challenging Bel.

With the current design of having 1 hour cool down of mystery, yep. This would be the easiest fix. Should get 10% glyphworks per Bel. Miss the incursion? Run Bel twice and you're good for the day.
    If you can't stand on a chest, it is a mimic!
  • stonerwstonerw Member Posts: 23 Arc User

Something tells me that if it requires you being able to take all 7 toons through episode 1 at the same time to stay interested, you are probably a tough customer to satisfy and not worth keeping.

You missed the point by a mile, the main issue is that the insurgencies occur at best once every two hours and when they pop you have only about 10 minutes until they close. When I can only get on for an hour or two (tops) each day, I often miss an entire day of advancement, so when I do happen to be on I try to ram through as many of my toons at once. If scheduling wasn't so tight I would just do 1 toon at a time. With respect to the last part of your comment, my response is if you can't engage in forums without making derogatory comments, you probably aren't the type of player worth knowing. Cheers.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    "tough customer" was me being nice at that time. I actually had something else in mind but decided against it...
  • xvimn134xvimn134 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    insurgence fight lasts only 3-5 minutes for every 2 hours, and most of the time you can't finish even 1 instance then it ends, even you finish 1 instance the boss has like 50% chance to spawn, even boss is dead, it has small chance to drop rod, so every 2 hours you have like 3-5 minutes to try your luck with a chance of less than 5% to get the rod, if someone has many characters, they will never get the rod for all characters, I wonder when they can fix it before people give up trying
  • marvyn#9793 marvyn Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    Agree with the original poster.

The insurgencies are up for too little time. I had set a timer to log back on at the appropriate time, I was 4 minutes late as the phone rang, and they were already all finished with when I logged in.

Come on, developers, this is a silly design. You shouldn't need to be camped out in Avernus for 2 hours waiting for something that opens for a few minutes every few hours...

You should be able to progress campaigns and quests when you have the time, not only when permitted by some internal clock in the game.

So people are running the "event" to get some shiny trinket like the Chultan Chains?

Wow. No campaign? How long does this episode last?

"tough customer" was me being nice at that time. I actually had something else in mind but decided against it...

Which reinforces my opinion that you are basically toxic garbage that I have no further desire to carry on any interaction with. LMAO, refer to my previous post.

So people are running the "event" to get some shiny trinket like the Chultan Chains?

Yes, to upgrade a token, but no one yet knows what higher levels might bring. If you are able to do your 20% insurgencies every day, you are only at level 2 by now, so there may be something more waiting at higher levels. I hear rumors of a new weapon set, but those are just... well rumors.
    At the end of the last ever live Sex Pistols concert John Lydon sneers at the audience and snarls into the microphone "Ever get the feeling you've been cheated?"
  • bayaz#7892 bayaz Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    stonerw said:

Yes, to upgrade a token, but no one yet knows what higher levels might bring. If you are able to do your 20% insurgencies every day, you are only at level 2 by now, so there may be something more waiting at higher levels. I hear rumors of a new weapon set, but those are just... well rumors.
    You can check the higher levels of the trinket in the collection under "Antiqueties of Avernus".

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    They need to set it up the way WoD used to be: Heralds at :45 and Tiamat at :00.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    greywynd said:

They need to set it up the way WoD used to be: Heralds at :45 and Tiamat at :00.

Now that makes a lot of sense
  • bobby4700bobby4700 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    the main problem is 3mins is about all they last i get 20% in that time on dps but getting there in time to do it . not always
    fun or applicable in real life schedule

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    Depends on what the players were doing, it can be more than 3 minutes. In my own experience, from the beginning to the end is more than 3 minutes. I have 6 characters. If I start from the beginning, I usually can get 2 characters to fill 20%. Last night, I got 3.25 characters for 20% for one "session" and they were a barbarian, a cleric, a ranger and a Paladin (who could not get 20%).
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • cracklepants#2252 cracklepants Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    It also depends if you have players trolling the rift. There are some that find pleasure in closing the rift as soon as possible, when there is really no reason to do so. They are probably the same children that go into a demo run, close all the tears and then abandon. As DPS main, it is not hard to get 20%, so why intentionally make it hard for tanks and healers?

I think removing manual closing of the rift, cutting the timers in half, and giving absorption credit for Bel are fantastic solutions.

Also, I am amused for the LFG callouts for Bel meta parties, 25K+, and HDPS. I run Bel at 23K and usually do a 3 person team with 2 other DPS around that or lower. Have not failed one yet.
  • emese#4731 emese Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    the biggest problem IMO is that the insurgencies should drop a rod that is needed for the forge box upgrade. It drops from bosses. With so many instances often the insurgencies are not even completed. Sometimes the boss appear just before the insurgency closes. The worst I heard was that the boss and the rift closure appeared at the same time, and before the boss was killed someone closed the rift. So let see, we have insurgencies about every 2 hrs -- that is 12/day - 3-5 min event. If one doesn't sleep than 12 chances to get a boss (with what 20% chance???) and then get a chance to get a rod with what 1% or even less % chance???? This way some will get the item in next century ... I they live long enough due to lack of sleep LOL>

And the rift are closed as people need to spawn the boss. If the boss doesn't spawn in one then the group needs to move on to the next one. There is a portal that leads to the next. Additionally closing the rifts gives credit for finishing the Insurgency just like finishing a BHE.