test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Don't split the party! I mean split the party!

roadkill#6177 roadkill Member Posts: 534 Arc User
edited May 2020 in Player Feedback (PC)
I found a new example of forced party splitting in Fane of the Night Serpent which strikes me as just too odd. Upon encountering Celeste, she says something (because what she says is not found in Chat Logs...) like, "Go on ahead, I'll free these prisoners." Upon hearing this suggestion I decided to search the room from which I saw her emerge in the cutscene. Then, go back to check on Celeste. I don't know what she's using to try to unlock the prison cells but she never gets one open as I decided to wait for her in case she can't handle the red wizards and also because I don't know what I'll encounter next. But, after waiting for several minutes, it seems Celeste will forever try to unlock the cells and with no means of interacting with her, I can't even talk to her or ask if I can do it since she seems incompetent.

Then, after killing all the critters I can access in the next room I go back to check on Celeste and she's gone. The prisoners in the cell she was "trying" to free are still in there.

Then, I backtrack the entire map and still Celeste is nowhere to be found.

Then, after I successfully defeat Fenthaza, Celeste walks in calmly with some words.

Overall, totally confused by this quest.

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Celeste is a cleric. Not a rogue. No lockpicking for her.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • roadkill#6177 roadkill Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    Yes, an awkward scene.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Also she is never part of the party. I don't recall ever seeing her in Kabal's caldera.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • roadkill#6177 roadkill Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    She done gone crazy, *er inspired. Solo Celeste breaks into the temple, gets stuck, finds a hiding place for who knows how long, looks disheveled when I find her, and I'm just going to leave her alone again?!