test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Are Life Bind and Thief of Life worth in a Soulweaver?

chofranc#0741 chofranc Member Posts: 4 Arc User
edited January 2020 in The Nine Hells
Hi, i play soulweaver a lot and sometimes i watch those feats that i mentioned in the title and i wonder if they are worth it. I have been using Lingering Sustain since the beginning and i must say that i don't feel it very impactul.

Life Bind: 5% dmg resistance and 10% of the damage of your allies is transferred to you if your HP is over 30% of your Max HP.

If you pair it with Warding Curse, your allies will be receiving 85% of damage?

Does that 10% of transferred damage is reduced by the 5% dmg resistance and other dmg resistance sources?

Does the 5%dmg resistance stay active even if your hp dropped below your 30% of Max HP?

Thief of Life: Self-healing from Soul Defiler increases by 1%.

I noticed that in Mod 16, Life Bind transferred 25% of the damage and it seemed that you could use all of the encounter powers including those from the hellbringer so Thief of Life also looked more tempting.

Answers

• edenfay#2737 edenfay Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Thief of Life, no. From the Brink is far better. The up-to-10% incoming healing is a large increase to a large number; Thief of Life provides a tiny increase to a tiny number. (This is even more true after the removal of Killing Flames, once our only source of notable Soul Defiler healing.)

Life Bind, however, is much better than Lingering Sustain, and is one of the more powerful Soulweaver abilities generally. All party members become notably tankier, and the damage is indeed subject to mitigation. Especially if run a R12 Shadowclad enchantment, you will be fine. I've even managed to run it in ToMM without paladin blue bar, and it's a breeze to run anywhere else, trial, dungeon, or otherwise. (One useful trick, btw, is to tap Shadow Slip for temporary DR when the party is about to take a big, telegraphed hit. You can negate Life Bind this way.)

There are one or two encounters that can more easily kill you in Life Bind because they ignore mitigation---Orcus's Power Word Kill in Castle Never is one of these---but geared out, you can survive them.

That all being said, I will always recommend Life Bind because I personally think Lingering Sustain is effectively a non-feat. There's never any need for "top off" heals given that Shatter Spark already overheals in endgame content. The only reason to take that feat is if you're not ready for Life Bind, and honestly, doing so is nowhere near as dangerous as some old guides and posts make out. And yes, you do always keep the % DR, and you get to have it even solo.
  • shugenshashugensha Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    Im using a Negation but rank 8 for the moment, it didn't came to my mind to try shadowclad tbh, i think if the negation get a buff in the healing might get better, so i will try to get a Shadowclad R12 to try it. That being said, Lingering Sustain its good for low IL or if you team needs a babysiter, Life Bind is more for a team that knows how to stand in battle imo.
    The meta it's just a guideline. And guidelines are boring.

Soulweaver: The Lovely Red
    Minstrel: The Rose Troubadour

• agoraotro#4630 agoraotro Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    > @edenfay#2737 said:
    > Thief of Life, no. From the Brink is far better. The up-to-10% incoming healing is a large increase to a large number; Thief of Life provides a tiny increase to a tiny number. (This is even more true after the removal of Killing Flames, once our only source of notable Soul Defiler healing.)
    >
    > Life Bind, however, is much better than Lingering Sustain, and is one of the more powerful Soulweaver abilities generally. All party members become notably tankier, and the damage is indeed subject to mitigation. Especially if run a R12 Shadowclad enchantment, you will be fine. I've even managed to run it in ToMM without paladin blue bar, and it's a breeze to run anywhere else, trial, dungeon, or otherwise. (One useful trick, btw, is to tap Shadow Slip for temporary DR when the party is about to take a big, telegraphed hit. You can negate Life Bind this way.)
    >

Hello. Is there a YouTube video or a link where you can show a run on tomm without palaheal? I’m really interested in seeing this
  • pyrosorcererpyrosorcerer Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 137 Arc User
    @agoraotro#4630

No death run solo cleric heal
    https://youtu.be/D0kd_Rh4bA0
  • agoraotro#4630 agoraotro Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    > @pyrosorcerer
    Seen this, impressive achievement. However this thread is about Soulweaver as you can see in the posts, so I meant a solo-heal as a Soulweaver in ToMM
  • pyrosorcererpyrosorcerer Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 137 Arc User
    You asked for vid without pally, do not think anyone has bothered testing on soulweaver. It requires dps to actually put in effort into survivability too, so getting people bothered testing it would be hard. This is the only vid I know of solo heal DC, so it isn't like it is regular for clerics either.
  • rev#7881 rev Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited May 2020

> @pyrosorcerer

Seen this, impressive achievement. However this thread is about Soulweaver as you can see in the posts, so I meant a solo-heal as a Soulweaver in ToMM

As a main healer? not impossible but most wouldn't even bother because paladins and clerics give more room for people to make mistakes