test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Poll Closed] New CDP Topics

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
Based on the feedback from the CDP CDP, we are putting forth a lists of potential CDP topics for community prioritization. We are unable to do ranked polls within the forums at this time so please vote for the one you'd like to see go first. Please respond by Friday, May 22.

Note: We can create a ranked voting poll with an outside provider (surveymonkey) but linking to an outside site carries the risk of reduced response rate. If there is a large request for a ranked survey link, we can revisit this option.
Post edited by nitocris83 on

[Poll Closed] New CDP Topics 461 votes

Queues
11% 52 votes
Events
7% 36 votes
Leveling experience
3% 14 votes
Class specific CDP (If this one gets highest priority, a new poll will be put out for class prioritization)
33% 155 votes
Storytelling (Narrative design)
5% 24 votes
UX/UI
1% 6 votes
QoL Improvements
37% 174 votes

Comments

• kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    lol all you like folks and lol if you agree : D but where is the Pvp cdp summary and proposal based on our feedback ?

@nitocris83 said

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1254830/updated-cdp-temporary-hiatus

"We wanted to thank everyone for their patience while we adjust to recent changes. In regards to the PvP CDP, we are reviewing our original proposal given the new feedback we have received after the release of Flight of the Fowl."

When can we see the original/ modified proposal / pvp roadmap ?
  • gweddrygweddry Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 278 Arc User
    kalina311 said:

lol all you like folks and lol if you agree : D but where is the Pvp cdp summary and proposal based on our feedback ?

@nitocris83 said

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1254830/updated-cdp-temporary-hiatus

"We wanted to thank everyone for their patience while we adjust to recent changes. In regards to the PvP CDP, we are reviewing our original proposal given the new feedback we have received after the release of Flight of the Fowl."

When can we see the original/ modified proposal / pvp roadmap ?

The PvP proposal should be out this week. Should.
  • soltarith#7231 soltarith Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I think it would be unfair to have a vote on what classes need to be discussed as there plenty of classes (if not all) that need a lot of balancing and some fixing for example the Warlock and Cleric (Arbiter's encounter powers are slow AF with all that animation, it feels like Im pushing a boulder uphill!). All classes need to be discussed but definitely some more than others.
  • rev#7881 rev Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    uhm this one is hard to choose....

I think queue and class cdp's are somewhat related because some find the current support roles kinda boring compared to what they were, and others just simply want to kill stuff (also aren't some changes already programed for next mod?? and by specific class cdp's you would also get hundreds of class mechanics/powers sugestions like you had when mod 16 was on preview and it would be overwhelming)

There are a lot of QOL stuff that can improve overall experience ( cough cough i've been asking for years for a way to mass delete email cough cough)

We already have lot of events that just need better rewards and some fixes

And we could also tie QOL improvements into leveling expirence too, new players just need a better clarification on what to do, wich area to go next and the stats they need and aslo the pixie dust could use some path and visual tunning.

And i kinda like the current UI's simplicity so that and story telling in my opinion don't have as much importance as the other stuff
  • sunshinehappy#2439 sunshinehappy Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    > @soltarith#7231 said:
    > I think it would be unfair to have a vote on what classes need to be discussed as there plenty of classes (if not all) that need a lot of balancing and some fixing for example the Warlock and Cleric (Arbiter's encounter powers are slow AF with all that animation, it feels like Im pushing a boulder uphill!). All classes need to be discussed but definitely some more than others.

I would love for all cast times to be 0.00005 seconds for all abilities all classes,
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Hey folks, the PvP CDP write-up should be available this week - we are just getting one more pair of eyes on it.

There has been a lot of variance in requests for topics and I think it would be useful if we all examine our expectations based on whatever topic is selected. In this thread we are already seeing concerns over the current leading topic and the complexities of discussion features.
  • zentinyzentiny Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    CLASS BALANCE by a mile!! You promised class balance 6 months ago and never did it!! You clearly said the minor tweaks and adjustments were a prep for Class Balance. But that was clearly Bull HAMSTER! You need to follow through with what you said you were going to do .... CLASS BALANCE!! If the words you type and say cannot be trusted, then your credibility is worthless. Why do you even put forth the effort to continue lying?

CLASS BALANCE means making all classes relevant, have meaningful and desirable rolls in groups at ALL levels of content. Other games do this, you have NOT!! You should eliminate classes from the game if you are not capable of doing this. Let Warlocks and others take their boons and reroll to other, relevant classes. Remove Warlocks and other classes from the game if you cannot make them relevant.

My vote DOES NOT mean you, as a developer, focus on your pet, favorite class that you play in game and make it better. That would ruin the game even further. It means you focus on the WEAKEST most IRRELEVANT Class and fix it!! Make it worthy and relevant!!!
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    zentiny said:

CLASS BALANCE by a mile!! You promised class balance 6 months ago and never did it!! You clearly said the minor tweaks and adjustments were a prep for Class Balance. But that was clearly Bull HAMSTER! You need to follow through with what you said you were going to do .... CLASS BALANCE!! If the words you type and say cannot be trusted, then your credibility is worthless. Why do you even put forth the effort to continue lying?

CLASS BALANCE means making all classes relevant, have meaningful and desirable rolls in groups at ALL levels of content. Other games do this, you have NOT!! You should eliminate classes from the game if you are not capable of doing this. Let Warlocks and others take their boons and reroll to other, relevant classes. Remove Warlocks and other classes from the game if you cannot make them relevant.

My vote DOES NOT mean you, as a developer, focus on your pet, favorite class that you play in game and make it better. That would ruin the game even further. It means you focus on the WEAKEST most IRRELEVANT Class and fix it!! Make it worthy and relevant!!!

This is actually the closest we have had to class balance, all classes can complete all levels of content, and have a role in which they are competitive in. There are some paragon that do need work, there is no denying that. Warlocks may not be one of the better dps classes and could use some love yes, but they are capable healers, which is not much different than the Rogue, the main difference is that rogues don't need to change roles with paragons (which I do understand is a limiting factor for Warlocks).

If the trend of the votes continue on the path it is, I think that the under performing paragon paths (or play styles in regard to the Ranger) should be focused on with the secondary vote (if it comes to that) as apposed to listing classes in which both paragon paths are doing well.
  • carloswartune#5709 carloswartune Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    Currently, I see every DPS class being accepted in ToMM runs formed by "randos" in the ToMM completed channel (including our top complainers, the Warlock Hellbringer and the Barbarian Blademaster), so I think DPS class balance is in a quite decent place, certainly much better than previous mods. I've actually seen Hellbringers 1st place in ToMM (not Blademasters tho, I frequently see them on 3rd).

M16 was all about making things easier to balance. M17 had plenty of DPS balance changes. M18 too. People will still complain about balance even if the difference between the top and the bottom is 1%, so maybe it's time to focus on something else for a change.
  • putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    Why don't we focus on quality releases. What's the point in changing this other nonsense if the problem it means to resolve is exchanged for a new problem from a poor execution. Let's see a roadmap on improving our testing.

Queues - allow queuing multiple queues at once, stop splitting the community between req and rtq when someone needs both

Events - could be interesting, steal has the issue of cdp makes no attempt to balance ROI

Leveling experience - remove time gating on old campaigns, just focus on storyline progression. Remove voniblood from the SKT campaign progression cots.

Class specific CDP (If this one gets highest priority, a new poll will be put out for class prioritization) - waste of time, you can't do one class at a time because it impacts balancing, all classes have to be considered
  • vitherborthvitherborth Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    what i like to see is some improvement in QoL, like selling multiple item to the vendor with less click; and (and i'm not really sure if this is included in QoL) balance between armor and weapon enchantment.
    the negation has a 3 sec cool down, the boss has 3 sec cool down, u get hit, u get a stack, the stack expire, u get hit again, that doesn't make any sense.
    the thunderhead , firebuster , frostburn seems useless, they don't give an increase in survivability nor an increase in dps.
    the dread: if you read the description should do the same thing as the bilethorn, but if i hit the target 2-3 time it will have 2-3 dot from the bilethorn (after 4 sec a sequence of 2-3 dot damage), if i do the same with the dread, only one dot (4 dot damage 1 each second, but if i hit 2-3 i should get 2-3 times 4 dot damage so 2-3 each second). <-- i hope that this sentence make sense :)
    there are a lot of enchantment that are useless, before mod 16 they were de-buffing/buffing, now the only de-buffing enchantment (with a useful debuff) is the bronzewood.
    the lifedrinker still says 'increase you life steal chance by xx%' ....
    the last thing is that with how the bonding work now, the active companion aren't a valid choice to have as evoked.
    this is just sad in my opinion, we have a lot of thing that can be used that still need some adjustment to make them competitive in high content.

note: i'm not asking for nerf, but to buff less useful thing at the same level of the more useful ones, for examples, a lot of people says xuna do a lot of damage compared to other companion, then increase the damage of the other companion to make them even, same thing with enchantment.
  • vitherborthvitherborth Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    putzboy78 said:

Why don't we focus on quality releases. What's the point in changing this other nonsense if the problem it means to resolve is exchanged for a new problem from a poor execution. Let's see a roadmap on improving our testing.

Queues - allow queuing multiple queues at once, stop splitting the community between req and rtq when someone needs both

Events - could be interesting, steal has the issue of cdp makes no attempt to balance ROI

Leveling experience - remove time gating on old campaigns, just focus on storyline progression. Remove voniblood from the SKT campaign progression cots.

Class specific CDP (If this one gets highest priority, a new poll will be put out for class prioritization) - waste of time, you can't do one class at a time because it impacts balancing, all classes have to be considered

i agree, and would like to add:
    Queues - make the join of a queue bound to certain stat for every role played, the item level is not a valid way to understand if someone can do a dungeon or not; dungeon fail because people don't know the mechanics or the don't have enough stat after the scaling to play their role.

• catson#7772 catson Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    instead of doing any nerfs to classes that do well, classes that underperform should get some attention.

also, dps class shouldnt be in huge part dependent on weapon enchantment, i mean bilethorn on SW is huge boost of dmg for him, compared to other classes. and without it, they don't do enough.
  • polaris1986polaris1986 Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    I know everyone will vote for Class Balance and for own class.
    But we already know that it was. You know, that it can't be done easy and all other game aspects will lose because of your busy.

So I like leveling experience (include all Legacy campaigns) you can't open them all to new players, it must have a "stairs" system. and also

Storytelling because it couple of misunderstanding here. Everyone just ups to 80 lvl and play in 80 locations.

I think storytelling in old campaigns should be another path. Now its too long week to week to have a new quest. Also to many high level locations open for newbie so he will always choose the latest. But you need to do at lease 2 -3 tier of campaigns (like DR, Shar, IWD - 1, Tyranny, SKT - 2, Chult, RL, TCA - 3). Underdark. Maze Engine should be just a questing. And AI too, or at least make less currency for it ending.

and some old items may have a value.
    "sometimes the world doesn't need another hero, sometimes what it needs is a monster"

• littledanger#4115 littledanger Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    bspally said:

CDP Topic: Rewards & Progression - closed. 0 effect to the game.

CDP TOPIC: PVP - closed. 0 effect to the game.

Even VIP discussion is closed with the same result.

Maybe it is time to stop talking and writing - and do some work instead of new CDP ?

Do something please

Agreed. Flash to bang on CDP appears to be open ended.

• admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    Yes, I voted for Class Balance and I will justify it by saying that it is impossible to have a Class balance, especially DPS with differences in the number of offensive companion slots. With the arrival of Rage of Bel, the game received a new companion, and lo and behold, it is for offensive or ultilitarian slot. While classes with 3 offensive slots can be used in the new Trial: Batiri (damage bonus vs boss), Siege Master (bonus damage for At-Will) and the new companion (+ damage vs demons), and the alpha compy in the ultility slot, I in my poor and discouraged GWF I will have to choose between 2 of these and use other garbage that are already equipped in the defensive slots.
  • quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User

I will never understand why people care about comparing one class next to another in a D&D game. Neverwinter is not an E-sport (and PVP is wildly out of place in this game). There is no reason for damage meters or for any competitive UI displays at all. The game should focus on small scale group play; overcoming obstacles together.

Neverwinter would be so much more fun and so much less aggravating if it got out the usual MMO traps.

Long story short, +1 for storytelling.

I sort of agree, but there is always ACT and people who care about performance, which there is nothing wrong with. I would like to see the game content maybe favor more survivability instead of pure dps type of encounters personally, or maybe encounters that require good CC and massive mobs and survivability.

Anyways, my top 3 are

+1 Class redesign, but I would like to see it totally changed to something more complex, like PoE, FFX, etc with a large graph of choices. Perhaps this could be a new boon system instead of feats, idk, but I want more diversity in available builds for all classes. As a Wizard I was particularly disappointed with the changes that came with m16. While it's true there was an illusion of choice for most classes, from like m12-m15 Wizards probably had the most diversity in available builds, at one point thaum feats were good, then Rene, then Oppressor, and it kept changing, that was ok, we had diversity, but they kept nerfing stuff as something actually started working well and had good synergy.

^^^ Takeaway more diversity in available builds for all classes. For this to actually work, encounters need to be tailored such that different builds work better in each, otherwise, pure dps will be the only actual choice.

+1 QoL experience, fix enchantment slotting to be more user friendly when changing builds/gear/loadouts, Account wide stables for mounts and Companions (current account claims for mounts is ok workaround, for now), Swap Loadouts anywhere, etc.

+1 Storytelling. Think FFVII when Seph kills Aeris, epic stuff.

side-note:
    I would like to see routes/roads to/from various locations on the map, instead of insta travel, with random encounters and maybe limited time encounters as a way to make the world "Evolvable". Insta travel could be a VIP feature, or not, just another option for everyone, but sometimes I like to explore, and be rewarded for exploring the world.

• agonistes#1431 agonistes Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    QoL Improvements:
    • Weapons Enchantments selectable on the Appearance Catalog
    • Combat Pose/Animation in the Appearance Tab
    • Appearance Catalog items tied to ITEM MODEL and not the NAME OF THE ITEM. So many items have the same model and I accidentally add it to the appearance catalog because I forgot I already had one that looked exactly like it.
    • Fixing spelling and continuity errors. See my posts on Wizards Chill mechanic for an example.
  • bpstuartbpstuart Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    Storytelling/narrative design and Leveling experience are interconnected. As the Story progresses things get harder and harder.

A simple narrative tree, in which the order of narrative events occurs, and the suggested item level would make post level 60 so much easier. The tree could give us the narative order so we can experience the stories start to finish, but it would also stop things like a newly level 60-70 character picking an event at random and getting curbstomped and disheartened.

Also it just being a suggestion means you aren't beholden to it, and some who wants to play Avernus before checking out chult can still do so. It would also give people who want to skip areas or use campaign buyouts a full picture of the story.
    Take chult again. There seems to be a lot of story put into chult, but i hate the place, every time i have given it a try it is tedious and poorly designed for the limitations of mod-16 style combat ( or at least the limitations placed on my prefered class. I can think of power combos and mechanics that would have let me enjoy the area that have been striped away from me with M-16) The main reason ii haven't shelled out some zen to buy out of the damned campaign is because i am here for stories. If i had an idea of how important or unimportant the zone was, then i could make an informed decision.
    Ego etiam cupo recrari et amari diu post mortem meam
    I too wish to be recreated, and to be loved long after my death.
  • hades#2194 hades Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    rewards , loot table .
    guaranteed drops on endgame hard content
This discussion has been closed.