test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Thoughts on the Rage of Bel - the good and the bad

adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
Let me start with what's "good".
  • The new trinket is good - not too overpowered, and requires quite a bit of effort, but is worth getting.
  • The fight with Bel is well balanced. It is fairly easy to solo for a well-geared player (a ranged DPS in particular), and it is a decent challenge for a full 5-man group.
Now the "bad" and I'm afraid that list is a bit longer.
  • The timing of the insurgencies. Seriously, a 2-minute window every 2 hours? That's just plain bad.
  • The insurgency fights encourage "kill stealing" just for the purpose of annoying other players. It seems that if multiple people hit the same critter, nobody may get credit. It would be much more fair if it was just "whoever does most damage" or "anybody who takes at least 40% of the mob's HP" who got the credit.
  • The rods (and how to get them) is too confusing. One you just buy in the store - fair enough. One (the cyan one) drops from Bel - not too hard. One is supposed to be a random drop from a higher-rank reward box, which is not available until you reach a higher rank, but that is nowhere stated. The real issue, however, is with the first rod you need.. Now, most people are currently only at 80% or lower on their amulet, so this will not become an issue for them until tomorrow, but I expect to see some complaints then. I have never seen that rod - I have been told it drops from insurgence boss, which I normally don't see either. I am also unclear who gets the drop...is it the person who does the most damage, or the one who deals the killing blow? It would be much more fair, if it was something like "anyone who does a certain amount of damage has a 5-10% chance of getting a rod drop"
  • The insurgencies and the fight against Bel are nice for the ranged DPS classes. It is smooth and easy if you are a cleric, ranger or a wizard, for example, but other classes have a bit harder time - the paladins in particular. I'm not sure if that can be easily fixed, but it feels like this issue was not really considered when the content was designed.
Hoping for improvements...

Comments

• aixis2000aixis2000 Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    "kill stealing" and just to "annoy other players"...what a rubish!!!! There are not enough mobs for all over this small amount of time to get their %- only 5 spawn points and if there 20 ppl going in at the same time...this is no supermarket were all have to w8 at the cash register....the only guys to blame for that is that poor design made by....
    They even let ppl decide to close the portals for all others cause player think they have a right on those mobs and now they feel betrayed if they didnt get their 20% and want revenge...player base is a huge kindergarden...
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    Also, in the CDPs it was clear that this "infinite grind" bassed on luck is only demoralizing.

If you only add a 1/30 per rod so you will get the rods 100% after x attempts the content would be much more player and alt friendly. Now it could be a pain to the point of passing if you arent lucky.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    Requiring players to do significant amount of damage to get credit only encourages healers to focus only on DPS and not healing and tanks to slot only DPS-generating skills instead of aggro skills.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

Requiring players to do significant amount of damage to get credit only encourages healers to focus only on DPS and not healing...

Healing? In the insurgencies? I see no point in going there as a healer - it is just not needed. Paladins are in a bad situation, as I said, but Clerics and Warlocks can just go in as DPS and have no issues whatsoever. Going there as a healer is just for masochists.

• adsfelipeadsfelipe Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    the true is insurgencies should've been an HE, than everybody would get their share in the end..
    bell fight should last only 30min.
    the 1 hour cooldown wouldnt be needed if insurgencies was an HE.
  • mythdemeanourmythdemeanour Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    The good: well at least we know they are working on something

The Bad: it was this!
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

So it's impossible to advance as a healer is what you're saying?

I'm saying you have to be practical. If you are a warlock or a cleric, even if you play as a healer in groups 99% of the time, you can still make a DPS loadout, and use that for solo play,,,and in something like the insurgencies, it will be better than playing a healer. If you are a paladin, you may be scre*ed, however.

Now, this may be about to get fixed.... from the latest patch notes:
    • Absorption rates for Glyphwork energy should be more consistent between DPS and non DPS roles. Chance to gain should be the same as longs as the team/solo player has done damage to the target.
    • Insurgencies now consistently go on an hour-long cooldown once the Bel timer ends.
    • Players can no longer gain seals past any time-limited caps.
    • Reinforced Metal Rod now properly drops.

In other words...the issues are getting fixed.

• grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    See my comments in Insurgency Solution.
  • hastur905hastur905 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    The rewards from the Marshal chest are good, not sure on the chances of the 1010 rings or even the 2x Enchant slot rings dropping that is still a a discovery in process. I would like to touch on an issue that I have noticed right away. The transmutes that are dropping have a pretty high chance not to be for your class and are character bound. Meaning that they are literally garbage, not convertible to RP or gold, literal garbage.

Suggestion #1: Make the transmutes bound to account instead of bound to character
    Suggestion #2: Make the transmutes not class bound

Either of these suggestions would work, the second one may actually create some rather interesting results for weapons transmutes on particular classes, Rangers with Maces as main hands anyone?