test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

"Thank you" for another poor quality content

melechestmelechest Member Posts: 106 Arc User
So rage of Bel came in broken. Sucked, but a real thank you to the devs that fixed it pretty quickly is in order.

But, seriously, rage of Bel is poor quality. Even for just an episode. Just mindless grinding. do insurgencies that last for a couple of minutes, then farm Bel over and over again, if you havent capped and wait 1 hour, or just wait 2 hours for a few minutes of opportunity to advance the quest.

All the while punishing tanks and healers, cause we have to struggle to get the percentage increased just by 2-3%.

It was a good idea to have the 20% cap per day so players dont rush through it. But damn, i dont have the whole day to farm just to get the 20% on my tank.

No love for tanks. No love for healers. Poor quality content, do the same things again and again and again.

Honestly, ill probably quit this game if next mod is one of the same. Probably no one cares about what i do, but im quite sure many people share the same opinion.

Comments

• Options
    jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    @eshkull#7182 Thats to be expected when the game makes it easier and easier to start with the latest content and the ild "legacy" content can be done if your Avernus/IC endeavour allows it.
    There are new people sitting around in Vallenhas waiting for Insurgs that when asked state they do not care for anything before UM and they don't see a reason to do it. (Aside from seeing some pieces of equipment on a guide and ask where they can get them and if anybody can gift them some Rotten Flesh)
    That (or the extent of it) is pretty after-M16'ish.

That aside, its on the company to decide what path they want to take. If it's this kind quality, it is just that, but it's not really on the player imo.
    - bye bye -
  • Options
    tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User

Well, I've said this in my guild chat once before and I'll say here. This is what happens when "end-gamers" rush through content; they get bored then beg the devs for new content, yet will also complain when the content is rushed and is low quality. I take my content grind slow, so I don't get too bored with the game like I did last time.

I mean it's a simple concept but hard to understand for "end-gamers"; don't rush content (ergo take it SLOW) and you'll be fine. Problem with this community is once they get end game, they start complaining that there's nothing to do; well jenny, I'm sorry you decided to rush everything, don't blame that on the devs, that's your issue.

pls enlighten me on how to take the mod 18 content slow. I would love to know what great things i am missing.
  • Options
    aixis2000aixis2000 Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    @eshkull...what u write is just....20% Magic a day to get some day the Forger´s box upgraded...if u w8 half a year that thing is nothing but outdated....poor by design is what that mod is again...not even well thought:
    Are all the devs new to the game? Never ever any gamer among the devs? Otherwise someone would asked maybe:...ok we make it so that all have tpo wait 2 hours before they can go into the portal and farm Magic to fill Bel-Mater..
    Im sure all will jump in so: how fast will it be filled and how strong have to be the mobs in there... if its filled in less than a min and alot of ppl get nothing and have to wait another 2 hours ( possibly with the same result) that is what i call poor design...
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    Having about 6 to 7 minutes in every ~2 hours to do insurgencies to get the percentage is really bad design.

Regarding healer and tank being penalized, I don't exactly agree with that.
    I play 6 characters and have a cleric and a Paladin. My cleric was the first to get full 20% in one try. My DPS toons needed more than one. I have not sent my Paladin in yet. I needed to figure out whom I want to pick the fight with. Not just fighting something blindly. Cleric has burst range attack, it can have upper hand comparing with some dps. I have not tried my Paladin yet. He could have issue but I probably will only send him in after the other 5 are done.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    melechestmelechest Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    @eshkull
    Let me clarify some things. Im fine with not rushing things. I really prefer content that takes time to complete than just farm it 1 day and you are ready. But whats happening in rage of Bel is on a whole different level. Im a tank paladin main and ive done 11 insurgencies thus far. In 8 out of the 11 insurgencies my meter went up by 0%. On the other 3, it increased by 2-4% on each one. At this rate, even farming a whole day i wont be able to get 20%, the daily cap. At this rate i wont be half way through this episode in 2 mods from now. Do you see what the problem is now?

Also, Jenny, sorry but i never said that i want them to rush making content. In fact, i would prefer them to take their time making something with both quality and quantity. And as ive said to many people, for this particular episode, i would prefer them to delay it, even by a month, in order for it to be as good as it should be.

Also, Jenny, im not blaming developers. In fact developers have my utmost respect and i would never blame them for anything. The reason is, developers are not responsible for whatever content is released. They just get told what to do and they do it. Im blaming the higher ups cause whatever gets released or not is their fault. If something is not ready to be released or its low quality, its their decision to postpone until fix or release it.

And, sorry "Jenny", but i dont want to finish one single episode one year later.
  • Options
    originalsin#4257 originalsin Member Posts: 47 Arc User

Having about 6 to 7 minutes in every ~2 hours to do insurgencies to get the percentage is really bad design.

Regarding healer and tank being penalized, I don't exactly agree with that.
    I play 6 characters and have a cleric and a Paladin. My cleric was the first to get full 20% in one try. My DPS toons needed more than one. I have not sent my Paladin in yet. I needed to figure out whom I want to pick the fight with. Not just fighting something blindly. Cleric has burst range attack, it can have upper hand comparing with some dps. I have not tried my Paladin yet. He could have issue but I probably will only send him in after the other 5 are done.

Devout clerics have great burst? What is your secret.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User

Divine Flatulence.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    paulamyo#4926 paulamyo Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Divine Flatulence.
    Yeah, perhaps his dps is powered by lack of empaty. If that is the case he surely top paingiver as devout at any dungeoon.
  • Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    melechest said:

@eshkull
    Let me clarify some things. Im fine with not rushing things. I really prefer content that takes time to complete than just farm it 1 day and you are ready. But whats happening in rage of Bel is on a whole different level. Im a tank paladin main and ive done 11 insurgencies thus far. In 8 out of the 11 insurgencies my meter went up by 0%. On the other 3, it increased by 2-4% on each one. At this rate, even farming a whole day i wont be able to get 20%, the daily cap. At this rate i wont be half way through this episode in 2 mods from now. Do you see what the problem is now?

Also, Jenny, sorry but i never said that i want them to rush making content. In fact, i would prefer them to take their time making something with both quality and quantity. And as ive said to many people, for this particular episode, i would prefer them to delay it, even by a month, in order for it to be as good as it should be.

Also, Jenny, im not blaming developers. In fact developers have my utmost respect and i would never blame them for anything. The reason is, developers are not responsible for whatever content is released. They just get told what to do and they do it. Im blaming the higher ups cause whatever gets released or not is their fault. If something is not ready to be released or its low quality, its their decision to postpone until fix or release it.

And, sorry "Jenny", but i dont want to finish one single episode one year later.

THIS - its about GAME DESIGN and content direction

Why not look at the succesful previous Campaigns that made players happy and, well, repeat them. Sounds a bit lazy? A bit negative? But heck if people love *insert soft drink brand* then give them more of what they love most.

Best Campaigns [obvs my opinion]

River District - multiple ways to advance, Digs, Heroics etc
    Barovia - hunts
  • Options
    indro100indro100 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 67 Arc User
    This event is no event for everyone, to get that 20% is for some people a hard grind because there are more anti social people in this game than in real life.... taking mobs away to rush thru it, why not making an instance for solo so you can really get your 20% ??? Or at least give the % if its taking away, every time i get in an instance with such kind of people and hardly get anything. If you make an event at least make one that everyone can get their 20%....