test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rage of Bel; Patience training 101?

hrakhhrakh Member Posts: 152 Arc User
Let me start by thanking you for fixing Bel, I am glad to be able to do something there.

Do have to wonder if the current cycle of "5-10 minutes of incursions, 1 hour Bel, 1 hour counting abyssal chickens while waiting for new incursions" is intended?

I understand that as Rage of Bel stops being FOTM, the incursion period becomes longer, but that 1 hour waiting period feels like its a little much...

Comments

• rainer#8575 rainer Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    We need a minimum time on the incursions - even if the instances speedrun to 100%.... 30mins, maybe even 1 hour...

A workaround would be if everyone stopped sealing the incursions but try getting done that aligned across 80 instances...

Also the cooldown of 1 hour is too long imo. There already is a daily cap on the secrets, why add this cooldown? At least tune it down to 30 minutes.
  • mythdemeanourmythdemeanour Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    I just did my first one and got my artifact to 10%. At this rate I will need 18 more hours (2 hour cycle) to charge it completely? I got 3 main characters and I understand "make work" obstacles need to be used in an MMO to prolong the play time; but seriously, this is just painful!
    edited May 2020
    The thing is, you need to solo kill things - anything that is hit by more than 1 person in incursions does not give %.... Seems bugged at the moment

The thing is, you need to solo kill things - anything that is hit by more than 1 person in incursions does not give %.... Seems bugged at the moment

So all it takes is one player spamming aoe's to make everyone get 0%, lovely!

So 18 hours while praying there is not one donkey deciding to ruin your the playtime in an MMO, yea that sounds like even more fun!
  • hrakhhrakh Member Posts: 152 Arc User

So all it takes is one player spamming aoe's to make everyone get 0%, lovely!

So 18 hours while praying there is not one donkey deciding to ruin your the playtime in an MMO, yea that sounds like even more fun!
    Yeah, and it is totally fair to expect people that have AOE to not use it....they are likely legitimately trying to get to 20% as well.. Not saying there won't be idiots, its guaranteed there will be, but few people will be outright trying to ruin your day, Its the setup that makes it so that everyone is in everyone's way.

At best we can try to tell people to not hang around once they have their 20% and to not spam the entire area.. but educating people is not something that has a high success rate in this game :)
    hrakh said:

quotes...

Yeah, and it is totally fair to expect people that have AOE to not use it....they are likely legitimately trying to get to 20% as well.. Not saying there won't be idiots, its guaranteed there will be, but few people will be outright trying to ruin your day, Its the setup that makes it so that everyone is in everyone's way.

At best we can try to tell people to not hang around once they have their 20% and to not spam the entire area.. but educating people is not something that has a high success rate in this game :)
    I'll probably bring out a vid today to try and make people aware... but i'm pretty sure it's not as intended.... support classes are going to have fun in those 5 minutes
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    While we're at it, I'd like someone to explain to me how we always have one person running from one group to the next one-shotting everything in sight.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • harnrimharnrim Member Posts: 28 Arc User

We need a minimum time on the incursions - even if the instances speedrun to 100%.... 30mins, maybe even 1 hour...

A workaround would be if everyone stopped sealing the incursions but try getting done that aligned across 80 instances...

Also the cooldown of 1 hour is too long imo. There already is a daily cap on the secrets, why add this cooldown? At least tune it down to 30 minutes.

I would say that is absolutely what we need, cause if you are not online 24/7 you mostly miss the incursions and never get your daily cap.
  • regpeiregpei Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    Ya the % on kill sucks, more often that not my kill is disintrigated by someone else a mile away after I got it close enough for a kill shot :(
  • fingolfin#9928 fingolfin Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    I agree with all. The current state of Rage of Bel is just redundant from my point of view. The bottleneck should be the Bel encounter and not the incursions. Either multiply the the number of enemies that needs to be killed to charge the Bel meter by a very very large margin or give a minimum amount of time for incursions to be active. In the current state almost no one can reach their daily cap and on top of that ppl are getting too much of the new currency which will ultimately devalue all it's content (be it bound or unbound version). This need a hot-fix and fast
  • evemjevemj Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    I feel the worst part of this is having to be capped at 20% per day. Takes a few minutes to get and it feels longer to swap enchants.
    Let us grind a full rank max per 5 days if you want, but forcing us to swap toons every few minutes is just killing it for me.
    I prefer to play a char per day until the devs put in an option to remove the yes/no/are you really really really sure windows we have to click through when removing and slotting enchants/runes.
    evemj said:

I feel the worst part of this is having to be capped at 20% per day. Takes a few minutes to get and it feels longer to swap enchants.
    Let us grind a full rank max per 5 days if you want, but forcing us to swap toons every few minutes is just killing it for me.
    I prefer to play a char per day until the devs put in an option to remove the yes/no/are you really really really sure windows we have to click through when removing and slotting enchants/runes.

I used to feel this way until I tried my tank character. I got 0% and no event completion after waiting 2 hours for it to pop, so now the worse part for me is the obvious bias towards dps classes.
  • evemjevemj Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited May 2020

evemj said:

I used to feel this way until I tried my tank character. I got 0% and no event completion after waiting 2 hours for it to pop, so now the worse part for me is the obvious bias towards dps classes.
    Have had no issues on my tank, but can do some DPS on it. Will try with a full tank build and see.

EDIT: yup, bit slower if you can't DPS and are also having to compete with other players. Will see how the tuning goes when they go back in for it.
    Post edited by evemj on
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    The only way that it can be tuned and be fair is to make it so that everyone that damages the target gets credit. Heals for allies should count toward damage as well.
  • finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    /rant on
    I am sitting here since Thursday after reset on a whopping 7%, reason is that you actually need to get the actual kill to get a chance to increase your percentage..

Which means that tanks are screwed on forehand due their (in comparison) low DPS output..
    I was already wondering why there are no posts from the ECL (Everlasting Complain Legion) community about this.
    Tanks are forced to hop over to a MUCH less populated map to create a chance to get their percentages up.

Bell fight,
    It appears to me that more and more only ranged classes are requested in Bel groups because melee classes are screwed too, since they have to fight toe to toe with Bel... Does anyone knows why ???

I know, and Devs should do (and I know they can when looking at ToMM) a better job in this...
    /rant off

Update, for tank classes.
    Just wait with big hits till DPS classes has almost killed the mobs..
    Do NOT mass pull, thats exactly what DPS classes are waiting for.
    Old fashioned kill stealing

Post edited by finmakin on
    Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    One of the first runs, I got teleported into an empty instance with only one OP hacking at mobs there (I was on TR). I know that OP can be slow, so I wanted to help and dropped a smoke bomb to lower the mobs HP faster and help the poor dude. As in every other place in the game, just dealing damage will count as a kill for everyone who dealt above a very low threshold.

I've probably ruined the OP half hour bashing mobs there, still feel bad about this. This shouldn't happen on live.
  • finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    micky1p00 said:

One of the first runs, I got teleported into an empty instance with only one OP hacking at mobs there (I was on TR). I know that OP can be slow, so I wanted to help and dropped a smoke bomb to lower the mobs HP faster and help the poor dude. As in every other place in the game, just dealing damage will count as a kill for everyone who dealt above a very low threshold.

I've probably ruined the OP half hour bashing mobs there, still feel bad about this. This shouldn't happen on live.

LOL, please don't tell me that the poor bloke was a dwarf ????
    /hide

Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer
  • aixis2000aixis2000 Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    This is so poor by design again! I get the feeling they are interested in getting their community in rage mode all the time only ...bad decide after bad decide...

waiting 2 hours to be able to enter the portal for some Glyphworks Magic...the Bel -meter was full within a minute...alot ppl like me got 0% and then u can read the bitching in zone chat cause everyone blame his neibor! Great work again!