test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

NW QA will be reviewing each issue posted, to enter into our database. Also, hello.

skingdev#1102 skingdev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 77 Cryptic Developer
Hello all,

I'm Steven. I've taken over as QA Lead on NW effectively October of this year. My activity on this forum will vary, but someone from our QA team will be reviewing topics as they are posted and getting them into our database. I can't promise a heart to heart on each issue, but we are going to do our best to review, research, and resolve as much of these issues as time allows.

More to come

- SKing
Post edited by skingdev#1102 on

Comments

• cts2000#2706 cts2000 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    Hey Steve...thanks for taking the time to let us know.....positive step imho.
  • cilginordekcilginordek Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    Goodluck
  • akta#9913 akta Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    Your post mentions "My actively on this forum" but you meant to say "My activity on this forum"
    Post edited by akta#9913 on
  • akta#9913 akta Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    Please fix the rapid screen zoom that occurs during sprinting with the Warlock and Barbarian. The screen will rapidly zoom in and out when sprint (L3) is activated. I apologize for not having a mechanism to trigger this error, this makes diagnosing the issue difficult for QA.

I request a toggle for "press X button to click on a team mate". I would like to disable this during dungeons so I can pick things up without clicking on teammates accidentally.

I request a "hide loot rolls box in top center of screen" toggle so they are invisible during dungeons. It is incredibly distracting for me.
  • rey007#5400 rey007 Member Posts: 123 Arc User

Hello all,

I'm Steven. I've taken over as QA Lead on NW effectively October of this year. My activity on this forum will vary, but someone from our QA team will be reviewing topics as they are posted and getting them into our database. I can't promise a heart to heart on each issue, but we are going to do our best to review, research, and resolve as much of these issues as time allows.

More to come

- SKing

Welcome and thanks, Steven. Good to have someone on the team to acknowledge our (PS4/Xbox forums) concerns with bugs within the game. I know @kreatyve can only do so much to help.
    - Rey

- in umbra igitur pugnabimus!
  • zoolx#2231 zoolx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hello.

I equip an artifact but now it says its on cooldown when i havent even used it. So i cant switch it out or discard it and its stuck. I only refined it. Not Even in the slot to use ur artifact. Plz Help me get This fixed.
  • nekbrkr#6055 nekbrkr Member Posts: 1 New User
    PS4- Corrupt data screen. Its a blue screen but not the same as one that kicks to character page. For 1-1.5 months i have been receiving a corrupt data screen. not in specific load outs and can happen in loading of map, during just normal play or dungeons. Sometimes it will allow to close and you can go back in to the game. Other times no go. Follow directions to delete from main bar then reinstall from library. This usually works for a while. Last night on fresh install, character images on load pick screen didn't show. i scrolled up to 1st character hit button and crashed to corrupt screen. So removed again and downloaded. Hope to find a fix, others in alliance have been getting blue screen but nobody but me is dealing with corrupt data one. I have sent a support ticket and support recommended adding here as well. I'm new to forum so couldn't start a thread.
    thanks in advance for any light of hope on this issue.
  • hallowtree#4572 hallowtree Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    What’s up with the constant server not responding, disconnects and blue screens? Especially bad the past two weeks.
  • joe7777joe7777 Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    I haven't had a blue screen in a good while now. Lag at times, sure, but no disconnects or blue screens, even in places like Barovia where it has been recently reported to occur.
  • kingtitus272#9500 kingtitus272 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi steven i have been having Major rubberbanding and lag issues for about 4-5 days now to the point to where i cannot play.
  • skingdev#1102 skingdev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 77 Cryptic Developer

Hi steven i have been having Major rubberbanding and lag issues for about 4-5 days now to the point to where i cannot play.

Just generally? Which platform?
  • moochristen#7204 moochristen Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    It won't let me post a thread so I guess I will have to post the bug report here. I'm currently stuck in the Acquisitions Incorporated quest called "nobleman extraction".

I run a lvl 80 paladin, went to the river district, took the boat, got to the cave, let the nobleman out, got the Intel, fought the bosses, left the cave and fought the last mob. It tells me I need to rescue the neverwinter noble, but there are no more enemies, the noble does not have any interactions available(I can't talk to him), and if I try to enter the boatit says my progress will be lost. This is the second time I've tried to run the quest. The first time I tried defeating myself, but that did not work, so I got in the boat to PE, but that just reset the quest so I had to start all over. I really don't want to start the quest over again. Please help.

Edit: Just realized there is something in my x slot that is greyed out with a 1 next to it. When I press x, it says "must have an explosive rune" and does nothing. There was no mention of getting an explosive rune and I grabbed all the chests and loot drops. No sparkllies to follow either.
    Post edited by moochristen#7204 on
  • burnahbros#7516 burnahbros Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    @moochristen did you by chance skip the cut scenes? I remember when AI was new if you skipped the cut scenes you would not get credit and had to do the quest all over again. Most of the quests seem to have been fixed to allow skipping but maybe that quest still has the issue?
  • da99ykane#3759 da99ykane Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I have the "account wide" infernal war machine on my main character. I am unable to obtain the mount on my alternate characters on the same account. I have been getting the run around with support and tickets. If a coder or someone who can do something to actually resolve this issue could help. I would appreciate it.
  • mysticalone#5279 mysticalone Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Please fix issue with cleric when you go to attack/heal and try to target and fire rapidly - it spins you around and you attack or heal nothing behind you instead of what you had targeted. Its really bad
  • I got LoMM in the random epic dungeon queue about 30 minutes ago. The group was already waiting at the last boss(Trobriand), it was already around 40 minutes into the dungeon. We went in, got to the part where you need to break all of the pillars but the pillar to the northeast was bugged. It health bar showed that it was already destroyed and the charge wasn't filling but Trobriand was still stuck in the centre immune to all damage(as was the pillar). We defeated ourselves and went back in, the same thing happened so we had to vote to abandon. This happened on PS4.
  • alchemistxiiialchemistxiii Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    I’m not sure if this is just me or everyone, the drop rate in tic is absolutely terrible.

Rerolling on none key box, nothing changed at all. 100 writings, some seals of the deep and some trash gear

Key box was almost the same although on 5th it did give a enchantment stone. One of the hardest and longest dungeons in the game and never anything good, is this a bug or just terrible rates?

Not just this run either this is the same on all runs I’ve done recently. 5-6 maybe and found it just not worth it at all

sorry wrong platform post, its #pc
    Post edited by alchemistxiii on
  • moochristen#3182 moochristen Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    > @"burnahbros#7516" said:
    > @moochristen did you by chance skip the cut scenes? I remember when AI was new if you skipped the cut scenes you would not get credit and had to do the quest all over again. Most of the quests seem to have been fixed to allow skipping but maybe that quest still has the issue?

Thank you for the tip. Tried without skipping scenes and it's still bugged. Can't progress campaign any further without this, so extremely frustrating.

Just realized there is something in my x slot that is greyed out with a 1 next to it. When I press x, it says "must have an explosive rune" and does nothing. There was no mention of getting an explosive rune and I grabbed all the chests and loot drops. No sparkllies to follow either.
  • king0101#3476 king0101 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I have a issue with my weapons saying "attribmod is lacking an autodesc override" under the equip power it does this on every weapon set i try. I cant do amything as far as putting out damage and having trouble killing enemies.
  • da99ykane#3759 da99ykane Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I have an account bound infernal war machine. It is on kane the giant and I am unable to claim it at the claims agent with my alternate characters. I've opened 14 support tickets on this issue and they mark them as resolved and close them. I've been trying for a month to get this fixed. It persists as mount bolster is now a thing it would be a big help if this was fixed addressed or anything. Even a reply of "you will never get it give up" would be better then just marking ticket as resolved.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited October 2020

I have an account bound infernal war machine. It is on kane the giant and I am unable to claim it at the claims agent with my alternate characters. I've opened 14 support tickets on this issue and they mark them as resolved and close them. I've been trying for a month to get this fixed. It persists as mount bolster is now a thing it would be a big help if this was fixed addressed or anything. Even a reply of "you will never get it give up" would be better then just marking ticket as resolved.

"Good news" is you are not the only one.
    "Good news" is PS4 is not the only platform that has the problem.
    "Good news" is it appears they are "looking into" it.

The following is the PC Bug Report thread of the same matter.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1256706/account-wide-infernal-war-machine

PS4 Bug Report forum has similar threads.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • vengar#1942 vengar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Dear Developers,

We experienced a bug at the "Pirate King's Retreat" dungeon on PS4. At the last campfire when players need to swing to the ship of the pirate king they just fall down, players can't swing on the ship, the dungeon can't be finished.
  • carisad#3975 carisad Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Winterfest fishing issue. Everyone I talk to has not been able to reel in the quest item fish. Gets to within a hair of being able to catch it then always fish got away. I know I have spent ad buying bait for brown beams. Just would like to be able to do the quest.
  • missdayummissdayum Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    Better get things

Hello all,

More to come

- SKing

Dear Steven,

only two things I mentioned for years now here and even submitted tickets. No changes!

1. The visual effect of the Vorpal enchantment disappears as soon as you attack while mounted. This goes for Vorpal enchantments from rank 10 to rank 15. The visual effect stays gone until you use your mount again. This issue has been going on since quite some mods now. Even though you won't "probably" lose the tooltip effect for the weapon, missing the visuals makes the adding visuals pointless during all fight encounters.

2. For "other currencies" (under riches tab) there should be an option to DISCARD any of them not just specific items. When asked via support ticket. They only say "it is not possible because those items are tied by and to the sysem." Talking about items like:

- Quarter Fragment of Zerthimon, still in inventory but already tied quest to it has been completed and still not be able to discard USELESS.
    - any Resonance picked up from Undermountain encounters, should be able to discard if no more use for that USELESS.
    - event currency like "Light of Simril" have to be used in store (no biggie) in order to get rid of them but still no discard option.
    - then you CAN DISCARD "Reward Reroll Tokens" which are far more valuble than any of the above mentioned items.

Makes no sense! Please give the option to discard any item even with a warning if you have to do so.

3. Edit, additional bug:

Whenever you use the "artisan's counter" in your workshop to craft items with your daily morale they game gets stuck every now and then at the result screen, when you suppose to collect the successfully created item. The game still runs in the background but you can't do anything. The only way to exit this stage is by closing the game app. Once you log back in you will be able to collect that item.

This can be very annoying during the "double profession event" when you only use up 2 out of 400 morale for each task and the game gets stuck multiple times until you used your daily morale up.

4. Edit (February 9, 2021): The "logout/change character info screen" shows up very frequent when using the "option" button on the PS4-Controller during gameplay. It doesn't matter which tab in the Neverwinter menu you are. I asked around in the alliance and it happened to them aswell. It has nothing to do with my controller since it is brand new. Thought it was a dualshock problem so I simply got a new one. The same issue remains! This very annoying bug appeared since mod 19 or somewhere in between on the PS4 system. Would appreciate it you look into this matter!
    When hitting the "options" button on the controller:
    Neverwinter-20210210180243
    By simply entering a bossfight or transitioning to a next area:
    Neverwinter-20210210180305

The bug from a different toon and dungeon:

Neverwinter-20210210191502
    Neverwinter-20210210191559
    Post edited by missdayum on
    Best guild: Guardians of the Fallen (2019-2021)
    My past guilds: Guardians of Midgard/HazardousNation/SomewhatSerious/JesusHadSoulforged/ImperialLegion/LadiesofNeverwinter/OutKast
    My past alliances: LookGoodPlayGood/Eviscerate/JesusHadSoulforged/Ruthless/TheLegendaryOutlaws

GWF - 4,069 Gear Score (classic)
    Barbarian - 48,499 Total Item Level
    RIP Bonding Runestones since "combat/companion changes" update on February 5, 2021

Master of Svardborg (banner) trophy, unlocked January 4, 2020! (Playstation4) / Master of Svardborg (banner) achievement, unlocked August 9, 2017! (XboxOne) / Dragon's Bane (Defeat 1000 Dragons) trophy, unlocked February 5, 2020! (Playstation4) / Dragon's Bane (Defeat 1000 Dragons) achievement, unlocked June 9, 2015! (XboxOne) / Portal Dodger achievement, unlocked July 16, 2017! (XboxOne)
  • lillc#8161 lillc Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    I'm currently on my Lvl 44 cleric in Ebon Downs yesterday or started blue screening me approximately half way through the zone quests. I'm at the soul pull Slavers and the drowned king quests, however it doesn't matter where in the zone I am or what I'm doing just standing even. In the zone a minute or two and the blue screen happens. I didn't have this problem with my other toon and would like to be able to finish this quest line. I used a portal scroll to get out and have been in the enclave now for 15 minutes and no problem so it seems to be that zone. Suggestions?
  • silente07#2597 silente07 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    Friends list randomly disappears or never refreshes.
    Blue screens on stronghold.
    Fighters can’t use scrolls if you die with shield up. Still.
  • polymath21#2400 polymath21 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Crashing bug related to mobs in Ebon Down and Vellosk:

When encountering Soul Slaver mobs in Ebon Down the game crashes and exits via blue screen (Error Code: CE 38700-8).
    Some thing happens when encountering Shadar-Kai Witches in Vellosk.

The crash happens, when the respective mobs aggro the character. When relogging into the game, the character will have died and restarts at respawn location.

Playing as a warlock hellbringer. Tested on both mobs if the problem is related to certain spells cast. Both AoE and ST attacks make no difference, as soon as either Shadow Slaver or Shadar-Kai witch attack, the game crashes.

Managed to prevent crash by insta-killing one witch with the daily attack spell

As a result, both main quest lines in Ebon Down and Vellosk are broken and cannot be finished.

Ebon Down: Soul Slaver and Drowned King quests have Soul Slaver mobs, resulting in crashes.

Vellosk: The Shadow Falls quest cannot be finished, as the Shadowseeker temple has two Shadar-Kai witches, resulting in crashes.

Please fix this mess.
  • estienne#2098 estienne Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited February 2021
    Crashing issues in Sea of Moving Ice:

Every time my ranger goes to melee a giant, the game crashes. It looks like it's actually when a giant hits me, but I can't test that because I went onto a ship in the middle of giants and now it crashes every time the game loads. I have no time to do anything at all, so I can't play the character until it gets fixed.

I noticed this on:

- Raiding Party heroic
    - Landing Party heroic
    - Individual giant
    - Runestead weekly, where I got to the final boss by hitting the giants from range, but then was restarting right next to the boss. I had to wait for the area to time out before I could log in again.
    - Lastly, on one of the longships.

You think I would have learned somewhere along the way, but I was trying to work out what was going on. Sadly, I found out.
  • lawes#1074 lawes Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    first time using this forum & cant post a ticket properly so hopefully someone else might see this & handle it appropriately or at least post a ticket in my place.

that being said i’m an Arcanist Wizard on PS4. as of late, when i cast the at-will power ‘Storm Pillar’ it randomly freezes my toon in place. there’s no way to get unstuck except by logout/login. i’ve tried teleporting to diff location and using the ‘i’m stuck’ option in menu. also, this is NOT a controller problem as other fellow wizards have reported the same happening to them too. i’ve heard this has been happening since Mod 16, but i cannot confirm. This is quite game breaking in dungeons.

hope this gets in the dev’s hands. thanks for your time reading this and reposting in a ticket, as i’m incapable of doing so. Happy gaming & grind on!!
  • rohotro#2589 rohotro Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hi all, I recently placed a ticket and they adviced me to place something here. Along the road of changes to Neverwinter I lost all my previous opened artifact modifications on my character(s). On my main (a barbarian) I only have the one left which I had set, but all the others which you open by paying with the cube of augmentation are lost….. this gives me the issue that I have to invest new cubes to randomly open and then pay to have the whished artifact modifaction set….. anybody else with the same issue?