test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hell Pit Difficulty/Feedback (Chapter two)

Comments

• ochocolasxochocolasx Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    The worst day, in 8 second of finish bonus round The Pit, serv diconect me at apear dead in a town, note my internet conection is high, no one bring my mind thats fault of the HAMSTER bell in valhellas that lag te serv.
  • ochocolasxochocolasx Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Really? befor the disconect serv, and restart of 0 the pit, without recover my spend consumables, i take the bonus challange and give a mi brinstone.
  • johnnystranger#5900 johnnystranger Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    > @valyana said:
    > I noticed a significant bump in difficulty when I got to level 2 of the event yesterday, and someone was saying that the enemies in Pit were 85k stat cap instead of the 57k I'd been assuming, so I turned on /combatlog today and yep, they were right, I'm fighting Avernus mobs with my equipment capped to Undermountain levels (armor capped to 720 combined rating, etc). In the log they show up as e.g. M18_Devil_Elite_Narzugon. It seems a bit unfair to give us M18 enemies but scale down our M18 gear...

If that’s the case than they better fix it ASAP .
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    Well, nearly the whole floor is "in the red" very frequently, and if you get out of those AoE attacks, one friendly ape will make sure to roar you right back into it again, and their roar has a wide range.

And sometimes i can block the "air strikes", but a few moments later the same attack will knock me around in the arena, character is holding his shield up, and there's more then enough Guard left too, that's a bit weird, unless this was just some range attack that can't be blocked from another enemy and it happend at the same time.

Btw. when was the 20k IL requirement removed from getting into Avernus/Vallenhas? I could bring my 18k IL Fighter into that area and started questing there, only problem is that Juma bags are still a kick into the... nether regions... i got 4 bloody chickens from 7 bags.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • cracklepants#2252 cracklepants Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    I am done with this event. Not playing the scaling nonsense.
  • bigblackafricabigblackafrica Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 120 Arc User
    I'm beginning to think there has been an attempt to incentivize the Zen buyout option.
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    About shielding, it is my experience that if the exact center of the splat is even a little behind you, you will take damage.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,207 Arc User
    --

My experience... with hunter ranger
    yesterday, rounds 4 and 5 were tough then the bonus round was over so fast and easy i was sitting there waiting for mobs to spawn when it was over

today's bonus round. WTH? I think i was doing my damage but the mobs weren't showing it. I wasn't killing anything. How many HP do they have? It was like facing 20-30 tank bosses. To complicate matters i tried to use a potion from inventory between round 4-5 but instead of using it it equipped and unequipped my stone of health. I made it through round 5 with no stone without too much trouble but then i didn't think to re-equip the stone. Why would i? The bonus round the day before was a walk in the park.

It is not about day 1 or day 2 of 2nd week. It is about the kind of "random" mob you happened to get.
    Some are okay with day 1 but not day 2.
    Some are okay with day 2 but not day 1.
    Some are okay for both.
    Some are not okay for both.
    It depends on your luck.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

How do i turn on the combat log?

In chat window, click on the 'gear' symbol.
    Check "combat (self)".
    "Combat (other)" and "Combat (Party)" too if you care. I don't.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited May 2020

Now that i failed a bonus round does that mean i can't get the token of participation? Is my soul sold? Speaking of selling souls, did amazon prime happen to be the inspiration for this event?

I don't think that the bonus round is counted for anything, it's just an opportunity to get one extra Token of Brimstone.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • nl54#3191 nl54 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    regenerde said:

Now that i failed a bonus round does that mean i can't get the token of participation? Is my soul sold? Speaking of selling souls, did amazon prime happen to be the inspiration for this event?

I don't think that the bonus round is counted for anything, it's just an opportunity to get one extra Token of Brimstone.
    Next week's bonus rounds will give both a token of brimstone and a token of flame if it follows the last event.
    Ninurta - 16.1k Half-Orc GWF

Ereshkigal - 12k Tiefling SW

Aurora Ravensong - 11.6k Drow CW
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    The last year there was a major gap in difficulty between the first two weeks and the last one - I am afraid they solved it by a major bump in difficulty to all weeks. I am more and more convinced that the third week is going to be an instant death to anyone who enters.

I would repeat a rant on scaling again... just: If you struggle, get naked. Put away some less important, high il stuff. Utility slots, neck and belt (if you don't have a lvl70 one), anything other than radiant enchants and empowered runes. If you manage to squeeze below 20k il, you are golden. And no, you actually cannot do a worse job than the scaling does. (well, do not put away your weapon! ;) )

Try to obtain the Avernus helmet that gives you temp HP on kill. It really helps.

Anyway, if you run this event on a class that struggles with a hit and run tactics, you are screwed. The same goes for inability to be control immune.

ATM the difficulty is around "one wrong choice and you are dead". And we have a lot ahead of us.
    edited May 2020
    rikitaki said:

The last year there was a major gap in difficulty between the first two weeks and the last one - I am afraid they solved it by a major bump in difficulty to all weeks. I am more and more convinced that the third week is going to be an instant death to anyone who enters.

I would repeat a rant on scaling again... just: If you struggle, get naked. Put away some less important, high il stuff. Utility slots, neck and belt (if you don't have a 70lv one), anything other than radiant enchants and empowered runes. If you manage to squeeze below 20k il, you are golden. And no, you actually cannot do a worse job than the scaling does. (well, do not put away your weapon! ;) )

Try to obtain the Avernus helmet that gives you temp HP on kill. It really helps.

Anyway, if you run this event on a class that struggles with a hit and run tactics, you are screwed. The same goes for inability to be control immune.

ATM the difficulty is around "one wrong choice and you are dead". And we have a lot ahead of us.

If I remember correctly, in term of difficulty, I rank them as the following order:
    week 1, week 3 and week 2.
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    @plasticbat might be, my memory is already a bit fuzzy. However, the first week was no longer harmless - so I suspect they touched the difficulty somehow.
    edited May 2020
    rikitaki said:

@plasticbat might be, my memory is already a bit fuzzy. However, the first week was no longer harmless - so I suspect they touched the difficulty somehow.

Probably the scaling was changed but they added a powerful power up in boot.
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    Maybe they should have multiple optional bonus rounds and then tie the difficulty and rewards to how far in you choose to go, so that the difficulty level caters for all. Because on my pretty high ilevel GF it is very very easy.

I did today's without using a healing pot or health stone, a daily, my artifact or any of the power ups.

tbh it is just boring and I'm not that interested in making it more grindy by taking off enchants etc. or to suggest that it gets scaled.

On GF, it is simply kite (avoid the AOE), group the mobs, let off an AOE, kite (avoid the AOE), use a few at-wills to crit and get some heals, kite (avoid the AOE), pick up the dark ritual robe healing orb then rinse & repeat . . . . . I don't think my stamina dropped below 50% or my HP dropped below 75% (not 100% sure here because I didn't really check, didn't need to).

Probably everyone knows this, but maybe not so:

Mount insignia - Barbians Revelry - get a heal on a crit
    Dark Ritual Robe - drops a healing orb
    Move - don't stay in the one spot for long, avoid the AOE - wait until you see them drop before you stop to drop your AOE encounters, then still don't stay in the exact same position for long
    Take out the ranged mobs first - I use bull charge to gain some breathing space and also target the annoying ranged mobs that also like to move away
    Make sure you don't let them get combat advantage on you for long by positioning yourself correctly

I understand that it is probably harder for classes without shields etc. and/or lesser geared toons but I don't think that keeping its current structure and just making it easier is the solution.

Anyway, gl all
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    I'm in round 5 and the difficulty is beyond sadistic.

4 Cruel Glabrezu
    4 Enflamed Zythar
    2 Corrupted Shadow Demon
    2 Corrupted whatever they are (they look like sladdi)
    2 Corrupted Mane
    1 Enticing Succubus (that does TRIPLE THE DAMAGE of any other enemy)
    Too many wolves to count
    Various other 3-pip enemies.

ALL AT THE SAME TIME. This is ridculous. You use a health scroll and you're dead after taking two steps. The four (repeat, FOUR) Cruel Glabrezu knock you down with no warning and then everything else lights you up with AoE. This isn't "challenging", it's sadistic. It seems like the devs got into a conference room and someone said, "hey, I know how we can get players to burn up life scrolls so they can buy more!"

Look at this garbage. Devs, WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU? This isn't even everything in the arena. Some are out of the frame. If you faced people in Avernus with this you'd have a mass revolt on your hands.

I burned up over a dozen life scrolls on this garbage. Enemies that move at the speed of light. Eighteen seconds between heals. CONSTANT KNOCKDOWNS. Screw this event. You can stick it up you-know-where. I'm done with it.

NEVER AGAIN.

screenshot-2020-05-15-19-47-58screenshot-2020-05-15-19-47-19
    Post edited by hustin1 on
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • johnnystranger#5900 johnnystranger Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    > @bigblackafrica said:
    > I'm beginning to think there has been an attempt to incentivize the Zen buyout option.
    You may be onto something here , it is 57% off lol

I ran it today , was a lil rough . Used a scroll in bonus round as it was almost complete . I tell you , I ran this the first time on the same toon and yea , I died a few times . But now . going from rank 9 bondings to rank 15 and rank 13,14 and 15 empowered in 3 double slotted
    Comp gear . All legendary gear , mythic artifacts , rank 13 enchantments as opposed to one legendary artifact , rank 9’s all around when I first did this last time and I feel basically the same . Slightly stronger plus my play style and understanding of gear has improved immensely. All feels like a total waste of time and resources in this Hell Pit .
    That being said , were all in the same hell , so time to man up and buy a few scrolls I guess .
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    Pro tip of the event:

if you can get up/ teleport / shift / whatever up the rocks on the left side pile off the main door ..do so ..:D
    the mobs will be much less aggro friendly towards you and manageable when you are perched there trust me

the pile on the right side of rocks are layered out differently and you cant climb up
    the devs already "revised" the map and stopped players from strategically fighting in the door alcoves as well

mobs agro on you/ and keep regenerating if you are touching the ground ... so umm dont touch the ground
    and only kill the bear minimum from the rocks / run down the timer until you need to clear the round and then come down grab power ups .

when the round starts you should already be perched up in the rocks to get less ridiculous agro
    repull the mobs and repeat for subsequent rounds sniping mobs from above as they come and bleeding the timers out .. .

note : this gets more difficult in week 2 and 3 as the mobs gets smarter at agro and ganking you
    Post edited by kalina311 on
  • doriangreighdoriangreigh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 707 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    My main (favorite) is Wizard (CW since mod 2) and this is my first attempt at this event, I thought it was brand new until reading this forum. So I am about 25K Wiz R15 bondings, and an augment pet that is legendary, only a few R14 enchants. I got smoked first try, then I switched mount powers to the ones that heal on deflect, crit, controlled, and when HP gets low, that turned it into a cake walk, then came Day 8 i think, OMG huge change, i kept dying in round 4 when Glabrezu showed up, changed it up again went Arcanist, re-specced put points into HP, kill demons, and def stats such as crit avoid, deflect / def, so i managed to survive but i'm guessing next week that won't help either.

The scaling does seem to be silly, whats the point in gearing if you get screwed by it? Anyhow so far 8th day in and doing OK i suppose. However i got a bonus round but no reward for the bonus round, is that only a chance at a bonus or did dying during the 4th round make it so i couldn't get it?

One issue i ran into is in round 4 i tried kiting around the room like some posts said (mostly i fought and stood my ground until day 8) but the mobs kept summoning my whole screen was filled with mobs hitting me, i'm not sure if they broke and kept coming when they shouldn't or if you don't kill the ones that show up they will keep adding more and more ...

Also my freaking dodge quit working today, which is why i died, no dodge for 4 rounds absolutely killed me, thought that was a game mechanic but turns out i guess that is a bug.
  • valyanavalyana Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    The token of brimstone for the bonus round goes straight into your inventory at the end of the round, it isn't added to the quest reward.

However i got a bonus round but no reward for the bonus round, is that only a chance at a bonus or did dying during the 4th round make it so i couldn't get it?

Your death in round 4 had nothing to do with the result of the bonus round.
    After you complete the bonus round successfully, one extra token of brimstone drops to your inventory directly before you leave Hell Pit. It is shown in the log (if you check).
  • browncoat1701dbrowncoat1701d Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2020

I have seen that during the first 7 days, on a Fighter/Tank, NO problem what so ever. Health bar barely moved. Starting yesterday (day 8) got my behind HANDED to me LOL. IL just under 23k. Granted I have 3 stats that are still lower than they should be... i.e. Crit Avoid, Deflect, and Awareness, and I know that is an issue... BUT difficulty level went up HUGE and if that is "working as intended", then WOW I cannot even imagine what week 3 would be like LOL. Still going to try a few things to see if it helps, but I don't know if it will be viable or not LOL. Oh well, I still enjoy playing the game :)