test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Emergency Maintenance 5/15

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
Neverwinter on PC will undergo scheduled maintenance today, May 15, at 6:30pm PT. Patch Notes discussion thread can be found here.

Comments

• nic1985nic1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 415 Arc User

I am sure the devs don't like these maintenance as well but it got to be done to fix important stuffs, as mentioned in the patch notes.

I don't mind these maintenance, usually down time is not long at all.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,206 Arc User
    Yes, it can be the busy night but if they don't fix it, it won't be a busy night at all.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • yunosssyunosss Member Posts: 2 New User
    how long is it going to take ?
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    Launcher said 2 hours, but it is not often right.
  • jafraol#7258 jafraol Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Very glad y'all could work a patch up this quick. Have really liked the changes I've been seeing and how the company has been behaving during the C19 disruption to normal life. Thanks.
  • yunosssyunosss Member Posts: 2 New User
    I downloaded the game just now, entered the game for 2 minutes; was optimizing graphic options and kicked out :/ Nice way to start a game. Kinda fresh starter tho. Ingame : Lorkest
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    They are doing this during my only time to play today... So much for getting today's VIP bonus...

:anguished:
    CM
    sto-sig-pic.png
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    guthron said:

Um, can you really call Emergency Maintenance "scheduled maintenance"? And, right in the middle of Friday night in your biggest market? Yeah, whoever thought that was a good idea should probably not make those decisions in the future. We've had an entire day today to do this. Poor, poor, poor planning, even for "Emergency" work.

I would much rather they do the maintenance now than for them to wait for it to be slow. The fixes are very much needed so players can actually play the new content.
  • regpeiregpei Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    Well seeing as how it's Friday night I'm sure the employee's want to get it fixed and go back to their lives for the weekend. I'm thankful we're not waiting until next week. These same people would be here throwing a stink if it wasn't fixed till next week anyways. People be people...

@crm14916 - Hook us up with your password, we get yer key for ya ;):p
  • doompriest70doompriest70 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    8:30 Mt time im getting "server is not up" maybe update the launcher?

8:30 Mt time im getting "server is not up" maybe update the launcher?

Server is not up at this moment.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    I'm watching Kritter Klub videos until it's back up. The people behind the videos are saints.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
    Server is now up.
  • robtnrobtn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 81 Arc User
    Huge patch size. Whoa
    Everything's Shiny, Not to Fret
  • urtew3urtew3 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    when are they going to fix the loading screen issue cause after getting my fighter level 70 that i couldn't do my quest from Captain Belgold for how the loading screen would not stop crash every time with a disconnection cause i have tried Force Verify Safe Mode while Regular Login where none of them work where i hope Nicrocris83 will respond to my bug report about it and address it
    Post edited by urtew3 on
  • aelinazaelinaz Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    The work on Hell Pit is much appreciated. I did not get stuck in mid floor and the fight while a challenge was acceptable. Thank you for fixing and for extending the days by 4
  • salidor#0795 salidor Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    i dont read anything on difficulty fixing. If its easier for you it might be that random thing in simple not getting tons of Zythar who shoulds you down
  • willert#9150 willert Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    this must be a Joke ...
  • margus23margus23 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    20% per day is a joke........
  • derdrakonderdrakon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 25 Arc User
    @nitocris83

Here's my idea, how the Rage of Bel thing could work for all.

We start with a clean instance.

1. Bel is on cooldown for 30 minutes.
    2. While Bel is on cooldown, Insurgencies are open and can be done indefinitely.
    3. When Bel cooldown reaches 0, every Damage in the Insurgencies fills the rage-meter.
    4. When rage-meter reaches 100%, Insurgencies close and Bel can be challenged the next 30 minutes.
    5. After 30 minutes Bel goes on cooldown for the next 30 minutes and the Insurgencies open again.
    6. While Bel is on cooldown the Insurgencies can be done intefinitely.
    7. see nr.3

Right now the Insurgencies are open for 5 minutes or so, and that is definitely not good.

DrakonHD

• agonistes#1431 agonistes Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    guthron said:

Um, can you really call Emergency Maintenance "scheduled maintenance"? And, right in the middle of Friday night in your biggest market? Yeah, whoever thought that was a good idea should probably not make those decisions in the future. We've had an entire day today to do this. Poor, poor, poor planning, even for "Emergency" work.

I mean, the new content was completely broken--so yeah, please go down and fix it.
  • agonistes#1431 agonistes Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    benyr said:

An addendum - having waiting around for the insurgencies to pop, i jumped straight into the portal once available, i managed to move my magic absorbed just 3% from 20 - 23% before Bel emerged and the insurgency closed down around me. It turns out the charge is accrued by killing Mobs, so Tanks and Healers (i main a Paladin) are absolutely up the creek here. Surrounded by DPS players we can't compete with their kill rates (you designed us that way).

3% every two hours, if im lucky enough to catch it. This can not be what you intended. I have multiple toons, there is no way i can or want to run them all through this debacle as it stands.

I had no issues getting 20% on my Paladin, what's your build?
  • quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    Ok well, I had an hour to play today, and totally missed the insurgency.

Please change the timer on insurgencies, it's very inconvenient for people who have lives.

Maybe make insurgencies and bel per instance instead of server wide? That way we can at least zone hop like we do with bhes. Idk, but this current model of expecting players to be waiting around for hours so as to not miss that 5 minutes of activity, well, it sucks.

• thany#4351 thany Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    After this patch, my computer for first time in 2 years, restarted. Until now, nw always "crashed" to windows.
  • benyrbenyr Member Posts: 238 Arc User

benyr said:

An addendum - having waiting around for the insurgencies to pop, i jumped straight into the portal once available, i managed to move my magic absorbed just 3% from 20 - 23% before Bel emerged and the insurgency closed down around me. It turns out the charge is accrued by killing Mobs, so Tanks and Healers (i main a Paladin) are absolutely up the creek here. Surrounded by DPS players we can't compete with their kill rates (you designed us that way).

3% every two hours, if im lucky enough to catch it. This can not be what you intended. I have multiple toons, there is no way i can or want to run them all through this debacle as it stands.

I had no issues getting 20% on my Paladin, what's your build?
    I'm on a hybrid Tank build when i solo, 187k power and all other stats capped with optimal companions, legendary mounts etc., i think it very much depends on who else happens to be in your instance and how many instances are running. On day 1 I got my 20% easily, but of course the insurgence was up pretty much solidly. Today I found myself in an instance with perhaps 15+ other players who all seemed to be DPS and were one shotting mobs constantly. By comparison when i solo Bel himself its a walk in the park, with me needing either 2 or 3 catapult rotations to take him out in the runs ive done so far.

In the insurgence I was trying aoe to hit as many as possible, and smite to try and one shot mobs myself. The 3% i got seemed to come from when i engaged a mob alone, and manged to kill a few before anyone else arrived. Joining an already engaged mob was pointless, or even one near an already engaged mob didn't give me sufficient time.

All that combined with the fact i was being generous with my 5 mins above, in reality i doubt i even got a full 3 mins between managing to get into the portal and it ending, im not sure i could have got 20% with no else in that instance in the time provided. - How long was your insurgence up for?
  • baalhashmalbaalhashmal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 65 Arc User
    Now we have to compete against one another to get our percentage for the day.

What are the requirements to get a percent? Is it really based on what enemies you hit, or defeat? It sure seems like the latter.

Instead of the asinine way that was introduced which limits players to have to use damage-focused load outs (mind you, I prefer playing Cleric Healer), why not have it track based on participation? You participate once a day to get 1/5. Next day, 2/5, and so on. Was the thought that it would discourage folks from not doing them to raise the Bel meter?

Cleric: Marquis Elmdore - Current Main <3
    Wizard: Iamblichus
    Fighter: Anna the Titan
    Barbarian: Anann Valkyrja
    Ranger: Minerva Cory'phaia
    Warlock: Suri Coralyne Reid

Guild: She Looked Level 18.
    Alliance: Imperium