What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC]Rage of Bel Launch Issues

2»

Comments

• tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    wilbur626 said:

@nitocris83 @sgrantdev

As an eager preview-tester and bugreporter, I am very curious as to why content like this is released even when the majority of preview feedback states that the preview build is 100% broken and unplayable. Is it that testers are to late with providing feedback, is feedback not detailed enough or is it just a waste of time trying to get the devs attention to gamebreaking bugs before content goes live ?

thats their new level of polished content for you :)

• wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    tom#6998 said:

wilbur626 said:

@nitocris83 @sgrantdev

As an eager preview-tester and bugreporter, I am very curious as to why content like this is released even when the majority of preview feedback states that the preview build is 100% broken and unplayable. Is it that testers are to late with providing feedback, is feedback not detailed enough or is it just a waste of time trying to get the devs attention to gamebreaking bugs before content goes live ?

thats their new level of polished content for you :)

I will remain stalwart as @cwhitesidedev#9752 promised me a cape transmute upon bug-free release
    Elite Whaleboy
  • lardesonlardeson Member Posts: 374 Arc User
    zerappus said:

lardeson said:

With all due respect but who even released this?

They likely are recycling very old Tiamat code (due to limited resources).

Remember the old dragon hoard coffer meter in the Well of Dragons? The Bel's Rage meter is almost the same concept.

Heck, the Devil Siege (while excellent) takes the whole Tiamat Raid playbook/design doc of crippling as many newbies to compel them to get ViP :3 . Repeatable new content with enticing rewards (check), One-hit/Two-hit mobs (check), close spawn point (check). They are hearkening back to the golden age of Neverwinter.
    No, my problem is that some things that worked properly on preview along with the several bugs that were reported and had been addressed, dont even work on the live server. How is this even possible?
    Lardeson CW not Mage. Where's my fireball and my thunderbolt?
  • adsfelipeadsfelipe Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    I would like to say that i really like the idea of this "episode" and congratulate cryptic for the new content!

Its very bugged.. bell metter stuck.. no Insurgencis for hours...
    The bell fight is bugged too, you deliver ammo to the catapult and nothing happens...

How This bugs dont appear in the preview server?
    I mean LOL.. i would test for free cryptic.
  • pelgraxpelgrax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 479 Arc User
    In adsfelipe last comment , the preview server IS how they get us to test it for free .
    Doesn't matter much though as it comes to live with all bugs already notified about but they they release it as is and rely on our
    good graces to give them more time to fix what should have been fixed from the get go .
  • agonistes#1431 agonistes Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    adsfelipe said:

I would like to say that i really like the idea of this "episode" and congratulate cryptic for the new content!

Its very bugged.. bell metter stuck.. no Insurgencis for hours...
    The bell fight is bugged too, you deliver ammo to the catapult and nothing happens...

How This bugs dont appear in the preview server?
    I mean LOL.. i would test for free cryptic.

The meter thing wasn't a bug on preview; however, there were other bugs not fixed that got rolled into live. Probably has something to do with the overwhelming amount of people trying to do Bel.
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    Call me crazy but i belive the Instancve in preview never got enough players doins APE and Siege with the Insurgecies working at same time, i have seen for the short time i got the insurgencies working that Ape HE starting and the Bel Meter reseting at same time...
  • alphastreamalphastream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 209 Arc User
    I'm normally a very positive person, but I really don't understand how this made it to launch. It's a disaster of misinformation. The vast majority of players can barely follow the first few quests, let alone the map/insurgencies/Bel, and that's not counting the bugs.

The idea of having a device for rank order and another device you are restoring... the opposite of clear and streamlined.

The catapult mechanics of Bel break the previous very good design that had events/dungeons use the mechanics of previous mod content. Here, the Bel fight should use the mechanics of Siege. Instead, it changes it in ways no player would have guessed until someone explains it to you.

The pool of fire mechanic in the Bel fight is fine once you learn it... but it isn't particularly fun.

The methods by which rewards are given out aren't particularly clear. Currencies, restoration, boxes... none of this is elegantly designed.

The goals barely make narrative sense as presented. Devils are scheming devious lawful organized creatures. Nothing in the Insurgency/Bel/Order storyline makes cohesive sense. I could fill pages on the gaps here. (A tiny example: we and Makos figure out what's going on, but there is apparently an entire Order that shows up and knows everything anyway... an Order we never met before. It's a narrative disaster.)

The expansion is really a disaster and should be worked on by the team. This really should not be what Neverwinter puts out as Expansions.
    Learn more about Dungeons & Dragons tabletop at Alphastream.org.

Learn about Neverwinter and the Lore of D&D on YouTube

Check out my acclaimed adventures for the tabletop D&D game, including my latest: Adamantine Chef: Supreme Challenge! and Jungle Treks or Chultan Death Curse: Revised for Tomb of Annihilation!
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    The current advice being given out in my Alliance chat is to not even try doing the new content if you are a tank or a healer. So I guess paladins are completely screwed over here.
  • pelgraxpelgrax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 479 Arc User
    I ran bel as a gwf in 2 group runs . In both runs when someone else was the ammo carrier I wasn't able to see which ammo pick up point or catapult was to be used . The rogue in the same group said he was able to see . Which way is it supposed to be ?
    All can see or none ( apart from the individual selected ) can see ?
  • alphastreamalphastream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 209 Arc User
    pelgrax said:

I ran bel as a gwf in 2 group runs . In both runs when someone else was the ammo carrier I wasn't able to see which ammo pick up point or catapult was to be used . The rogue in the same group said he was able to see . Which way is it supposed to be ?
    All can see or none ( apart from the individual selected ) can see ?

So far, I have not been able to see the location. It would really be better if the entire party could see the ammo/catapult locations.
    Learn more about Dungeons & Dragons tabletop at Alphastream.org.

Learn about Neverwinter and the Lore of D&D on YouTube

Check out my acclaimed adventures for the tabletop D&D game, including my latest: Adamantine Chef: Supreme Challenge! and Jungle Treks or Chultan Death Curse: Revised for Tomb of Annihilation!
  • mindfruit80mindfruit80 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User
    PLEASE FIX Insurgencies--This is insane --- we only get 3-5 min to make 20% -get real--who tests this anyway???? this is the worst release yet- I have spent 6 hours trying to get 20% & I still have 1 % to go you need to give people more time to get the daily % - For real does anyone ever test anything before it is released?? Get it together guys & STOP releasing broken content or at least hire some real QA testers to find the bugs before you decide to go live & just make everyone angry for crappy broken content
  • wisper2048wisper2048 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    I stuck with quest "Order the Rift Wardens: Under-Marshal".

There was a step "Attune to The Dard Glyphworks". There was a white point cloud of it. I clicked on it. Journal entry appeared, and white point cloud vanished. Navigator still points to that location, but there is no portal that could be entered. I initially clicked during rage of bell. There are no portal after click (during rage event and without rage event) .

Now I have step "Gyphworks magic absorbed (0%)" and it is impossible to complete it.

After I drop quest and get it again, the "attune" step autocompletes, and "Gyphworks magic absorbed (0%)" step appears.
  • mallofinmallofin Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    I played my heal spec on my SW. Helped two other players and they got a percentage for insurgencies and I received a fat zero.The whole new content should be reviewed and the insurgencies treated like the HE's in Under mountain. This is totally absurd to receive nothing toward progressing with advancement in restoring the confanioner's adamantine amulet.

Recommend the insurgencies window be increased, players work as a group should get the same percentage, and the timing be staggered for both the BEL and tie insurgency phases. Been playing this MMO since mod 6 and I have not complained in the past-- just absorbed the changes, acclimated to the new play regimen, and kept up with the new content. Please make it possible for all in a party to receive the same percentage
  • mythdemeanourmythdemeanour Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    At the end of this "experimental" episode, they should just grant all current players 100% on the first tier of the new artifact just for having to deal with the loss of time and lack of instruction. I don't mind jumping through hoops to a certain extent as it is to be expected in an MMO. However, if the players have to figure out the mechanics on the fly every time there is not enough testing done it just becomes an exercise in frustration and needs to be rewarded accordingly.

Remember Cryptic, many of your live server players want to be surprised by new content NOT frustrated by it!

Edit: clarity
  • adsfelipeadsfelipe Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    The percentage for insurgencies only go up you YOU kill the monster..

Who in their right mind design this and thought it was a good idea?
    the guys in support (that already are few players) will help and get a fat 0!
    and the whole insurgency last 5 minutes...

i give up until they patch it.
    > @adsfelipe said:
    > The percentage for insurgencies only go up you YOU kill the monster..
    >
    > Who in their right mind design this and thought it was a good idea?
    > the guys in support (that already are few players) will help and get a fat 0!
    > and the whole insurgency last 5 minutes...
    >
    > i give up until they patch it.

100% agree with this. This is the first time in NW history I feel like I’m being denied ability to finish the latest content as a support player 😭
    Elite Whaleboy
  • sriram#1646 sriram Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    Insurgency Not Ending Even After Bell Appeared

https://imgur.com/a/jwkM5az
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    We really need a button to shut off the Bel / Zariel conversation. People are mentioning this on chat after every insurgency. Way too long.

Maybe after the first time a character hears it you could cut to Bels last sentence?
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • jasper#7141 jasper Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    This is perhaps the worst software design I have ever seen. I wonder if there was any serious design at all, or just a few ideas chucked about (that's the general impression that Neverwinter gives). The release is not even beta test stage, and the design is so bad that some of the bugs will not be fixable as it stands.
    @nitocris83

The "hard mode" Bel fight needs some tweaks. It is very close to impossible to finish (I know it has been done by 1 grp), due to the fact that players loose a ton of stats when picking up the catapult ammo. This seems to be tied to the altered power tray, similar to what happens when using the sun sword in castle ravenloft.
    Elite Whaleboy
  • trialbyfire001trialbyfire001 Member Posts: 68 Arc User

Here is an example of what the ammo carrier “gets”
    This makes it next to impossible when the imps spawn in hard mode.

When you pick up ammo your stats go to “nothing”
    Then the imps spawn and smash the ammo carrier and they die. (Hard mode)
    Please look into these photos as it is proof on Xbox
    Here are photos without ammo
    https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/trial-by-fire-0/screenshot/17209213
    Here are photos with ammo
    https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/trial-by-fire-0/screenshot/17209211

Here is another example

Here is a photo without ammo
    https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/trial-by-fire-0/screenshot/17209203
    Here is the photo with ammo
    https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/trial-by-fire-0/screenshot/17209207

This is a photo direct from Xbox so there is no photo shopping.
    Check out the 1 to all abilities
    Check out the hp being cut by huge amounts
    All ratings are cut drastically as well.

When there are imps spawning in hard mode that teleport directly behind the ammo carrier they get smashed within seconds, this cannot be working as intended as I don’t see how we can survive when we are taking 400-600k damage per imp group attack due to loss of stats and hp.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Can the damage values for Insurgency bosses be looked at? The bone devil boss, Kurgan(?) the Lithe's Spine Toss one shots nearly every one in range and there are others which apply DOTs that kill in 2 ticks. Even characters who are geared and gave completed IC struggle with this level of damage. The presence of healers and a tank help but either the boss dies on seconds due to the weight of players or only goes down from wave attacks as players respawn and run back in.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • trialbyfire001trialbyfire001 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    Completed killing Bel master of the hellforge on hard mode
    Did not get the achievement “bring in the ringer” in general achievements
    (Defeat the master of the hellforge)
  • murphystoutmurphystout Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    The design and execution of insurgency and Bel gets a failing grade. The game is suppose to be fun and entertaining and during these chaotic times especially important for folk to decompress.

1st as many have already told you the initial algorithm to spawn Bel was a total failure. We got 5 minutes of insurgency if we were lucky and then a hour of Bel and a hour of downtime. The chance of participating in insurgencies for folks that have jobs and family commitments was non-existent. Your designers fundamentally failed your customers. This is how you lose customers, lose revenue and fade away.

2nd even if you did participate in the insurgency a lot of people had no chance for the battle worn drop rate given the initial algorithm used. I can live with something being rare if its equally rare for all classes but this once again was a failure.

3rd you could have reused the design from demonic encounters and ensured that bosses spawned if X number say 12 players were present. I have been in insurgencies where bosses spawned almost every time and I have been in insurgencies where bosses have not spawned at all. Not to mention the insurgencies when nothing spawned at all.

4th the current fix has insurgencies lasting many many hours. Late last night I was able to do some Bel runs and it finished at 1:30 AM USA eastern time. Due to the downtime this morning there won't be a Bel opportunity before the server reset. Assuming the servers are back up at 11:00 AM eastern time the Europeans can work hard for us in North America to make progress so that we might get a Bel at a reasonable time tonight after work.

5th the infused metal rod drop rate is crazy random. It can happen on your 1st Bel or it can happen in a yet undetermined amount of Bel runs. Perhaps this would be okay if the drop rate on useful items from the ornate chess was better or actually were useful for the character that looted it due to BTC. Do you know how frustrating it is to get multiple BTC items that are completely useless?

I completed the mythic chain on 9 characters over the years. I mindlessly farmed hunt items as well as many Merchant Prince Folly, Tomb of the Nine Gods and Cradle of the Dead God. Not to mention the failures of the Tyrant scales as well the rarity of the kris drop to then spawn a mob that had rare scale drop. Compared to what we have now with Bel those look like minor inconveniences.

I have supported your company financially for years through VIP and ZEN purchases. I have been VIP 12 for many years and still have 6 months left I believe.

Rage of Bel was the right name for this episode as its the rage of your player base at the thoughtless design and execution of the content. You need to drive customer focus to your designers and coders ASAP or you are going to lose your player base and the revenue they provide you.
  • award9award9 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 87 Arc User
    Yesterday and today I was doing Insurgencies and the percentile for Order of the Rift Warden quest and the HE didn't go up everytime an enemy was killed. I could be the only one in an instance fighting enemies and both progressed seemingly at random. Today I was fighting alongside others in an instance and the same thing was happening.