test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sheltered Wizard's Cache!

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
We have partnered with Wizards of the Coast to bring players a free Sheltered Wizard's Pack! This pack includes the following items and will be available for 5 weeks (starting today, May 14). You can claim this pack at the RCA on all platforms!

Please note the Ensorcelled Mulhorand Weapon is bind on character.

Comments

• ron#1747 ron Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    Nice! WoTC are amazing as always!
  • zebrowzebrow Member Posts: 4 Arc User

We have partnered with Wizards of the Coast to bring players a free Sheltered Wizard's Pack! This pack includes the following items and will be available for 5 weeks (starting today, May 14). You can claim this pack at the RCA on all platforms!

Please note the Ensorcelled Mulhorand Weapon is bind on character.
    Is this an item coming from WotC books and other products or is this a redeemable code through a limited event page like many other giveaways/promos?

• mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    zebrow said:

nitocris83 said:
    You can claim this pack at the RCA on all platforms!

Is this an item coming from WotC books and other products or is this a redeemable code through a limited event page like many other giveaways/promos?

Highlighted some text for you.
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

zebrow said:

nitocris83 said:
    You can claim this pack at the RCA on all platforms!

Highlighted some text for you.
    RCA is Rewards Claim Agent, the Vendor next to the Harpers in PE.
  • urtew3urtew3 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    wasn't that impressed with the companion gear though it was junk and how they could of given rank 9 or 10 bonding runestones over rank 8s
  • codetellercodeteller Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    why does the availability for the pack say 'special' when only 1 is available?
    shouldn't it show as ' 1 available' ?
  • jafraol#7258 jafraol Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    Very cool. The game has been showing a lot of love lately. Its a thoughtful pack, good for newcomers but has some stuff anyone will find useful. Thanks, Cryptic and WOTC.
  • froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    I kind of expected the cache to be it's own box, not a box of opened contents. I was going to grab it then use it on a new character to be made in the future. The Ensorcelled weapon box could have been account bound with the actual weapon character bound on pickup. It's a shame the Ensorcelled weapon box is now bound to a level 80 toon. Such is the life. Thanks for the other stuff though.
    Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC
  • raslin#2795 raslin Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    urtew3 said:

wasn't that impressed with the companion gear though it was junk and how they could of given rank 9 or 10 bonding runestones over rank 8s

It never ceases to amaze me, when something absolutely free is given there are always those who complain 'it wasn't good enough', or in this case express the opinion whatever was given is "junk".

Well, to each their own I guess.

• regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    Well, thank you for this pack, just one question, when claiming this pack does it stay all nicely bundled up, or does it unpack directly into my inventory?
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • krysnytekrysnyte Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    I think it goes in inventory so be cautious. That ensorcelled weapon is useless on a level 80
  • froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    > @regenerde said:
    > Well, thank you for this pack, just one question, when claiming this pack does it stay all nicely bundled up, or does it unpack directly into my inventory?

It goes directly to inventory. So, claim the pack on a low level character.
    Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    Thank you for clearing that up... i was hoping i could bank it like the other "level up" pack for later, but that's not going to happen, i guess i'll just grab it with a character that is currently running Hell Pit for the extra Stone of Health then.
    :disappointed:
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • rlesley74#1471 rlesley74 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    Wasted the ensorcelled weapon on my level 80 toon because the pack said account bound. Wish I’d have seen this post earlier
  • johnnystranger#5900 johnnystranger Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    > @rlesley74#1471 said:
    > Wasted the ensorcelled weapon on my level 80 toon because the pack said account bound. Wish I’d have seen this post earlier

Exactly this . Was under the impression all contents were account bound . Oh well , not a big problem and thank you .
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    And now they just added a News item for this which had the detail about the weapon being bound...which begs the question why announce in news now...other than perhaps only those who saw forum post had claimed it. Cart before the horse...again.
  • solaria#3125 solaria Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    > @empalas said:
    > And now they just added a New items for this which had the detail about the weapon being bound...which begs the question why announce in news now...other than perhaps only those who saw forum post had claimed it. Cart before the horse...again.

Exactly my point! Everybody is not going to stop and read what is in the promo. And not everyone is going to read what is in the forums... Especially lvl 80's why, cuz they are always in a hurry for some reason. But It's not always the case, some just don't read it. And for other maybe they like to be surprised and open their inventory to see what they got. Some ppl just could care less and they try to sell it for the highest price they can, if they can... For those passionate enough to care, but were a bit to excited to look and had their lvl 80 char, they now have a useless weapon that they cannot use, sitting in their inventory or bank... If they have all their equipment they need already equip. When they could have been able to give it do a lower level Acct mate, while it was still in it's chest. See, not everyone is rich and can afford nice weapons and Zen. So it's nice to get free Items, hence I say exciting... Ppl like free things, it's just a ppl thing. And you beseech PW begging them for help they don't because they have no way to do it? So I offer suggestions like the mailbox they send us mail all the time. Nope my last email was blocked. And all it said was that I was disappointed that there was absolutely nothing they could do... srsly... rude...
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User

I kind of expected the cache to be it's own box, not a box of opened contents. I was going to grab it then use it on a new character to be made in the future. The Ensorcelled weapon box could have been account bound with the actual weapon character bound on pickup. It's a shame the Ensorcelled weapon box is now bound to a level 80 toon. Such is the life. Thanks for the other stuff though.

This.

I read "The weapon is bound to character so make sure you open the pack on the character with which you wish to use the weapon!" in the promo and it doesn't even matter.

Don't say "Make sure to open the pack with the right character" when you mean "Claim the pack on the character that you want to use that weapon, because it opens automatically for reasons we do not feel we need to explain to mere players".