test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STORM SPELL NOT CRITTING

ruigat911ruigat911 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
After latest patch on PC, Storm Spell was “fixed”, since it would strike a critical hit more often than intended, going even further the caster’s Critical Strike chance.
However, now, Storm Spell feat does not crit AT ALL. Is this meant to be the expected behaviour? Shouldn’t it crit with a 50% chance, at least, if we are capping Critical Strike?

Comments

• regpeiregpei Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    I have ACT logs pre patch showing it critting around 80%. I'll have to run new ones and see what I see!
    edited May 2020
    You are correct sir. This is 2 tomm runs with no crit from storm spell. Also, this is about as much help as I can be on this issue, I don't wizard.

• lukejones77lukejones77 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 282 Arc User
    Please get us answers to this.
    The wizard is already lagging in AoE damage, and this nerf is a very signifact hit, around 9% of total damage.

To my knowledge, since the last few nerf rounds to wizards, they are now clearly behind the DPS standard (the Rogue), and this is a significant additional nerf, without reason or explanation.
    I'm aware of many players noting that wizards are now flagging, but none voicing an opinion that wizards are over performing or need a nerf.

Whilst the 20% proc rate was mentioned in the previous patch notes as a fix, removel the ability of Storm Spell to crit was not mentioned, was not explained, and no damage compensation has been made.

Just now a new patch got released, fixing the cacoon bug, but not addressing this.

Players have mentioned this problem in the patch note responses, in the general forum, and asked about it during the recent Twitch presentation.
    Every time, it has been ingored.

This feels like a return to the unexplained ninja nerfs of the past, practices that really annoyed players who have since left the game, and a direct contravention of the stated balance approach of adjusting DPS classes to be around the same point as the rogue.

• bastardangelbastardangel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10 Arc User
    We are waiting for any answear.. ?
    Why pure dps class is going to be useless on both paragon paths? We don't have alternative here. :s
  • monkey4201monkey4201 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Also curious about what to do. My cw is struggling to kill things that weren't an issue before.
  • saiizoosaiizoo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    Will anyone answer us or we be left alone? This situation is really not nice.
    Focus is on the Bel release atm I'm sure. Wiz still have outstanding DPS but that power is borked
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Report was escalated last week for investigation.