test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

2 minute time penalty for PVP Que decliners/trolls

thebenetratorthebenetrator Member Posts: 14 Arc User
Someone, or some group, keeps spamming decline in the PVP Que

So what happens is it keeps popping every second or they wait till last second to decline, then keep doing it to waste everyones time

So I suggest a 2 minute penalty for declining PVP Q to make these trolls effort more time consuming

If someone declines because they are busy in a dungeon or doing something then its no loss for them

Comments

• Options
    kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    exploit or feature ?: D
    Or
    that you cant decline the Pvp Q pop at all lol that will teach them then right ? : D
  • Options
    nic1985nic1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    Possibly, some Alliance(s)/Guild(s)/Groups are doing PvP (not Dom solo) and trying to "Q sync", if there are "outsiders" in the pvp Q as well, this would hinder the Q sync, so the spam declines will happen.
  • Options
    trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    When the que keeps getting declined over and over again, it means one of 2 things:
    #1 multiple players are attempting to que sync onto the same team.
    #2 someone is trolling the que

I think majority of the time its the first one, at least on PC.

Making it so the que shuffles the players after they have accepted would be better than a decline penalty if choosing between one or the other. But the devs could make it so repeatedly declining a que (for example 3 times within a short time frame) will give you the two minute penalty, that would be reasonable.

There is specific scenario where penalizing people for declining over and over again wouldn't be a good thing though. In fact, there may already be a more severe penalty in place for declining enough times in a short time frame, I found that out hard way once. Thankfully its not a common scenario and implementing a 2 minute penalty for this would be fine.

Here is that scenario:
    When a match pops for me that says 0/1 and nobody I trust tells me what the status in that match is, I decline, because these are matches where someone got kicked or left and its usually a loss.
    One time, I kept requeing after declining these 0/1s, only to immediately get that same 0/1 again. I was hoping the match was close to over and was trying to stay in que for when everyone goes back in. I declined that 0/1 many times and I noticed that I suddenly moved down a lot on the leaderboard, I had been checking it a lot that day. I can't tell if that was a bug, an actual penalty I might have run into, or something else.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • Options
    nooneatzanooneatza Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    I'm all for this suggestion, there are a few guilds that do that(want to play together) to cheat the system and move up the leaderboard. How do i know? When there's a match going and everyone is from the same guild, except everyone aside from one or two people are on 5k IL alts.

This obviously wouldn't fix the cheating the leaderboard issue, but would definitely improve QoL for the people that just que solo. Getting the "someone declined" thing for 10 minutes straight is annoying.
  • Options
    xmendes#9182 xmendes Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    Ps4 neverwinter pvp is so poor yet. The leaders of season rank, kick another lower players in every match. Pls fix it. And make a incentive to new players migrate to pvp from pve. Creating new pvp stuff... Glory currencies only to donate for guild??? Dont have anything to buy wth glory?. And create a rank to strong players go to battle with another strong players. Ty.