test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hell Pit Difficulty/Feedback (Chapter two)

Comments

• lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    27k GF

Easy so far but I can imagine it would be hard for more squishy classes
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited May 2020

Day 4 - Devils!

25.5k Barbie DPS

Relatively easy, seems no harder than day one.

Stood and fought all rounds.

Used a few healing Pots.

Switched tactics though, used 2 One Mob killers and 1 AOE [Axe Storm] to finish off straggelers.

As a Barbarian, it is easier to fight to keep the HP up through insignia bonus. If I fight, I don't need to use any health potion for my 22k Barbarian. The challenge is: not to fight and stay alive until the timer ends to fight them all.
    I did that last time (for week 1) and I don't think I can do that easily this time. In that sense, this time seems to be harder.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

Day 4 - Devils!

25.5k Barbie DPS

Relatively easy, seems no harder than day one.

Stood and fought all rounds.

Used a few healing Pots.

Switched tactics though, used 2 One Mob killers and 1 AOE [Axe Storm] to finish off straggelers.

As a Barbarian, it is easier to fight to keep the HP up through insignia bonus. If I fight, I don't need to use any health potion for my 22k Barbarian. The challenge is: not to fight and stay alive until the timer ends to fight them all.
    I did that last time (for week 1) and I don't think I can do that easily this time. In that sense, this time seems to be harder.
    Yeah thats what I did last time. THIS time I tend to have a 50/50 chance of dying in the final fight
  • agonistes#1431 agonistes Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    It was super easy on my rogue, who was very under-geared. Just Stealth > Blade Fury > Blade Fury > Path of the Blade on all the mobs. Save Deft Strike for targeting the Convokers (or whatever ranged mobs there are). I was using Sigil of the Rogue for another gap closer to get away from groups of mobs. Everything melted so fast I didn't even use stone or pots.

• regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    Well, i was thinking about "upgrading" my Fighter with 4 rare mounts to get a few more stats through the extra insignia slots, but that turned out to be a hunge waste of AD and time, since it looks like rare mounts only have a single bonus and most of them are useless for this fight.

This makes no sense, because most uncommon mounts feature a whole list of bonuses, so why are rare mounts so restricted in that department? I mean, shouldn't they have at least two or even three bonuses?

Anyway, back to using mostly uncommon mounts in the stable again, but the fights seem to become harder with every day...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
    regenerde said:

Well, i was thinking about "upgrading" my Fighter with 4 rare mounts to get a few more stats through the extra insignia slots, but that turned out to be a hunge waste of AD and time, since it looks like rare mounts only have a single bonus and most of them are useless for this fight.

This makes no sense, because most uncommon mounts feature a whole list of bonuses, so why are rare mounts so restricted in that department? I mean, shouldn't they have at least two or even three bonuses?

Anyway, back to using mostly uncommon mounts in the stable again, but the fights seem to become harder with every day...

Many green mounts have universal slot but some don't. (e.g. Enlarged chicken)
    Many blue mounts do not have universal slot but some do (e.g. Windter Flail Snail)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    Hell pit would be better if you could CC the enemies, my Wizard died very quickly since they were all immune or highly resistant to her primary means of survival.
  • bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    So far its been really easy, but really didn't expect anything different this first week. What has caught me a bit by surprise was that the Movement speed boost "boots" that will occasionally get tossed work! Oh and bc no one else has mentioned it, they seem to give AP regen too...an insane amount...10% a second! With this buff running my Avalanche of Steel daily w/feat has not expired as an AoE dmg on the ground by the time I have full AP again. IDK if this is intended or not, or even if anyone else has experienced it, but it is basically an I WIN button, at least for me. At this point, not even gonna pick em up anymore, as just doing dailies the whole time kinda defeats the point of them being dailies.
    edited May 2020

So far its been really easy, but really didn't expect anything different this first week. What has caught me a bit by surprise was that the Movement speed boost "boots" that will occasionally get tossed work! Oh and bc no one else has mentioned it, they seem to give AP regen too...an insane amount...10% a second! With this buff running my Avalanche of Steel daily w/feat has not expired as an AoE dmg on the ground by the time I have full AP again. IDK if this is intended or not, or even if anyone else has experienced it, but it is basically an I WIN button, at least for me. At this point, not even gonna pick em up anymore, as just doing dailies the whole time kinda defeats the point of them being dailies.

You are right. I never needed to use daily or bother to pick up boot and use it. Thx for the information. I guess the only 'bad' power up is the one that does damage. With 3 'invincible' out of 4 power up, it becomes pretty easy.

You are right. I never needed to use daily or bother to pick up boot and use it. Thx for the information. I guess the only 'bad' power up is the one that does damage. With 3 'invincible' out of 4 power up, it becomes pretty easy.
    Yeah, thats part of the problem for higher iL toons.

If you have time to kill you can just run each round and wait till you get Heart, Boots or Shield [die when its the Skull and read a book or something]
    edited May 2020
    Day 6 done, forgot to switch to Dreadnought, playing this one through on Vanguard was a real chore... allways trying to deal with one wave of enemies before the next one spawns, Convokers are some annoying burning [censored], especially when there're several of them and they position themself all over the whole arena...

Anyway, i guess day 8 will be the last one for this character, even with enough Stone of Health i doubt i'll manage to get through all 5 rounds in the second week.
    Post edited by regenerde on
    Want to know why?
    regenerde said:

Day 6 done, forgot to switch to Dreadnought, playing this one through on Vanguard was a real chore... allways trying to deal with one wave of enemies before the next one spawns, Convokers are some annoying burning [censored], especially when there're several of them and they position themself all over the whole arena...

Anyway, i guess day 8 will be the last one for this character, even with enough Stone of Health i doubt i'll manage to get through all 5 rounds in the second week.

Last time many people thought that, but week 2 wasnt as bad as we feared.
  • tecmysttecmyst Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 45 Arc User
    Few information that may help.
    https://youtu.be/Wr7ailrRTp8
    Day 6 and Day 7 fairly easy being honest
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    On day 7:

Today I made a decision to port every enchantment, runestone, and insignia to an alt to begin leveling that fresh L80 character for the a few months. This created a hellpit dilemma. Do i take over hellpit with my alt? If so, I might fail the harder weeks ahead & I'd lose the Legendary Insignias awarded at the end for restarting the countdown. Solution... trade 3x R15 bonding stones over to my main each day just to run Hellpit. It was much harder. My main ran at 22,000 IL (no enchantment stones, weapon enchant, armor enchant, or insignias at all). I have a bunch of junk stones i could throw on but it costs 20,000 AD in gold to remove, adds time & chance of error to swap stones later. Next week though... not sure.
  • thany#4351 thany Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    Day 8. Harder than 1st week. Finished even bonus round with one use of stone of health. Forget to socket dmg & dmg.red (mark of deamon lord/slayer). I don't know is it 2nd week harder than before because i have better equipment.
  • warr182warr182 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User
    22.5k SW this is costing me all my health pot's . This whole event is not fun ...Hope the reward is whole all the pain of this TRASH grind .... Thx for 14 days + of this ......
    ^ great post.

I learnt a LOT first time round in this event.

Changed my play style accordingly and solved problems.

Looking forward to Day 8 when I have a moment ;)
    Day 8

First few rounds relatively easy.

Round 4 and 5 a lot tougher, survived and had 2 Skull Powerups.

Got the skull power up in the bonus round and got splatted after about a minute.

TIP it might be worth trying on round 5 of normal rounds to wait till you get the shield or heart power up and not use it in round five. You then have a better chance of surviving the bonus round if you get the skull. If you get any of the other power ups in the Bonus Round I reckon it would be much easier.

Just a thought
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    Just like last year, starting with week 2, fighting demons is ***vastly*** harder than fighting devils. There is no comparison.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • warr182warr182 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User
    The event still sucks . No need for it to be so hard ...and 14 days + not fun .....
    edited May 2020

regenerde said:

Last time many people thought that, but week 2 wasnt as bad as we feared.
    After playing day 8 and the bonus round through with my 18k IL Fighter, i really doubt that a "regular" 18k player will get to the 14 days requirement, especially with a few "demon" rounds in the mix... round 3 and beyond is when everything goes to youknowwhat in the second week.

AoE bombardment from above every few seconds exactly on the character,
    constant massive AoE from enemies,
    increased HP on many enemies,
    all ememies seem to be faster then your character all the time, even when you have +Movement Speed bonuses active,
    and the Skull sometimes seems to do 0 damage, which is really bad considering the cast/activation time of it.

I'm still tinkering around with active mounts in the stable to find a better setup, and i changed my weapon enchantment to a Rank 9 Lifedrinker, it probably would help to get a Bloodtheft too, but the prices are way to high for this character... changing to a Soulforged was a thought for a moment, but when you get swarmed in the arena, there's just no point in reviving right in the middle of it with so little HP given back.

I'd say this event needs some tweaking to find a balance between being too easy for higher ranking players and being a frustrating experience for the ones that just can get into it.

Btw. i ran through it with a 24k Fighter as well, it was harder then the first week, but not a real problem even with demons as enemies. I used 2 Stone of Health charges for all 5 rounds plus the bonus one.
    Want to know why?
  • nl54#3191 nl54 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    Today's Hellpit was pretty nasty. I got a mix of the worst mobs. Hezrous, pincher dudes, and balguras. The bonus round was a litany of aoe and stuns. Glad I saved my fire shield for it.
    Ninurta - 16.1k Half-Orc GWF

Ereshkigal - 12k Tiefling SW

Aurora Ravensong - 11.6k Drow CW
    Day 9

Wasnt too bad for me - used a few health stones.

Also using Barbie sprint to get out of trouble was useful, knowing when to RUN AWAY is important.

Its about survival. Get out of those red splats and run away when needs be, use a daily if it makes you immune to damage for a while, chug health pots or use health stones.

Bonus round I got the shield so it was a dream. fight enemies, build rage then pop my daily to wipe out any remaining mobs.