test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can Dev/Mod Clarify Few Damage Sources Plz

With disinformation everywhere I would like it if either a Dev or Mod can confirm whether a few damage sources are considered physical or magical please? As elements such as fire, ice and electric are physical manifestations in a game with magic its hard to tell and would be nice to definitely know whether to go STR vs INT

Ranger Electricity
Rogue Path of the Blade, shadow double damage
Set Bonuses/Artifacts/Enchantments that deal any element, necrotic, poison, radiant
Mounts that deal hellfire, burning, the 'Arcane Whirlwind' magnitude, the 'rain of stars' from Celestial Stag, the vortex from Carpet of Flying, the ink black smoke from Skeleton Steed

Answers

• kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    I think the devs do not want us to know this, so that they can make changes if too many people figure it out.
  • lardesonlardeson Member Posts: 374 Arc User

With disinformation everywhere I would like it if either a Dev or Mod can confirm whether a few damage sources are considered physical or magical please? As elements such as fire, ice and electric are physical manifestations in a game with magic its hard to tell and would be nice to definitely know whether to go STR vs INT

Ranger Electricity
    Rogue Path of the Blade, shadow double damage
    Set Bonuses/Artifacts/Enchantments that deal any element, necrotic, poison, radiant
    Mounts that deal hellfire, burning, the 'Arcane Whirlwind' magnitude, the 'rain of stars' from Celestial Stag, the vortex from Carpet of Flying, the ink black smoke from Skeleton Steed

Based on DnD lore;
    Magic classes currently in NW: Wizard, cleric, paladin, warlock
    Physical classes currently in NW: Rogue, barbie, fighter, ranger.

Btw u can kinda tell this by the new ability scores rework. magic classes naturally have higher INT/Char/wisdom as opposed to physical classes that naturally have high Str, const, dex
    Lardeson CW not Mage. Where's my fireball and my thunderbolt?