test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: nw.120.20200427a.2

2»

Comments

• indro100indro100 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 67 Arc User

Julia, please do a long-suffering wizard a favour, and find out for us why the devs decided to nerf the wizard. Again.

The patch notes warned us that the proc rate of Spell Storm wasn't working as intended, and would be brought into line.
    If you don't know the wizard class too well, the Thaumaturge paragon is broken and discarded. We're down to the Arcanist paragon, where Spell Storm is the mandatory class feature. It's a significant component of our AoE damage, which is sadly lacking behind other DPS classes, after the string of nerfs that has recently been applied to the wizard.

Your patch notes warned us that the proc rate of Spell Storm wasn't working as per the tooltip, and those that understood what that meant knew that, for some reason, you were going to decrease the proc rate.
    The other thing that the patch did, and didn't warn us about, was that Spell Storm also got a nerf to it's own crit rate. It went from reasonably high (which is generally the WAI rule - inherit the crit status of your proc source) - to a zero. No more crits.
    In other words, our best class feature got a very severe double whammy nerf.

Now, I'm all for proper class balance, and everyone getting a fair chance, but I just can't understand the motivation for this.
    After the string of nerfs handed to Wizards recently, the potential of our class clearly lags against the at potential TRs, HRs across the board, and Barbies for AoE.
    Surely nobody is complaining is complaining about Wizard DPS.
    Are they?

I can't even reconcile this as misguided governance of further nerfs so that the tool tip is correct. The addition of the Spell Storm 's ability to crit itself is actually against the WAI genral priciple, and the full change is clearly, simply a CW nerf.

We work hard to try and better ourselves with game play and slow progression. We spend millions of AD to scrounge an extra % of damage here and there. Then a nerf comes along taking something worth 15%+ of (AOE) damage, and smashes us down by about a whopping 9%.
    Worst of all, we're nothing like an over perfoming class now - particularly where we got hurt most, in AoE.

I understood why wizard changes were necessary after the very strange , weird module (single target, beginning to end) that was ToMM. I couldn't understand though why they nerfed the wizard the *way* that they did (smashed the core, in addition to single target nerfs). The nerfs were so bad that they spilled across to the Thaumaturge paragon, and despite Dev attempts to revive it in the same set of changes, it became an even more broken and neglected option.

So now, it's starting to feel like the bad old days of mod 6 through the heights of class despair when ToNG landed.
    It's hard to see if the relative balance of classes is properly understood, and that the consequnces of changes made are understood.
    But, the hardest bit is the question "Why do I play this game, struggling to better my character by a few % here and there, over months, when a random nerf comes along with something like a big 9% hit, when I'm nothing like an over performing class"?

So, please, just try and find out for us why this happened.
    If you get an answer along the lines of "that's what the tool tip says for proc rate", then find out for us why they also stopped Spell Storm from critting. The precedent for that is the opposite of what got done in the patch.
    How can we interpret this as anything other than an inexplicable nerf?

Thanks.

Because they want to get rid of some classes I guess..
  • flutttershyyyflutttershyyy Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Regarding the changes to LoMM:
    Before the patch, players in REDQ who could not meet the minimum required stats (e.g. 120k power for DPS) would often abandon game at the start because they knew how this will go down during the mimic/golem/coccoon phases. After this new patch, however, they might adopt a little more optimism! They likely won't abandon at the start any more - as they're more likely now to attempt and possibly defeat Arcturia (and then abandon after getting wiped by the next boss instead). The important thing is that the entitled delinquents won't be getting quite as mad at the underperforming healers any more during the coccoon phase (and instead suffer Tanks and Trobriands). No more clear-cut vote-to-kicks or ragequits due to childish impatience, at least.

The nerfing of Dungeons is not a new thing, and I get that it is unpopular, but in true online gaming fashion, people will eventually stop whining about it - and instead fixate upon the bugs of future content! CR recently became a little easier in a previous patch, and now we have LoMM perhaps becoming more accessible to newer players/under-equipped cheap side characters. This usually means that the developers might be making endgame space for a dungeon from a potentially upcoming module (that will perhaps entice the upset endgame veterans, and their exhausted, limited attention-spans). It has been something like 6 months since the release of Mod18, after all.
  • burnthedead#7732 burnthedead Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Just finished LOMM twice after the patch "fix" to cocoon.
    Are you serious? It used to be you would receive big damage but survive without a rez. Now, always dead, even tanks with a huge hp pool.
    Yes the mimics are easier, and I successfully did both my runs, however not without wipes and what I would describe as "Buggy" mechanics.
    The stacks of sickness are unavoidable, and a clean run with no deaths is impossible now.
    Just a suggestion, but how about a one hit point minimum if the healer successfully keeps you at max hp?
    you would need a potion, stone or heal immediately, but remain alive to sing the praises of the healer.
    Thank You for your time.
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    I just watch the world go around ...
  • hades#2194 hades Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    Post edited by hades#2194 on
    edited May 2020
  • arieswytch#9832 arieswytch Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    "Hell Pit: Dragonborn characters should no longer be able to get stuck in the arena gate."

A friend of mine was just in with his Dragonborn Barbarian and he got stuck in the gate. Using /stuck worked and got him out. He did put in a ticket in game, but I thought I'd post here as well.
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User

How could this possibly happen, if there was *any* kind of testing?
    This is so black and white. Such a simple test. Such a binary outcome.

Dev to Testers: "We made this change so that, if you don't get healed when cocooned, you aren't insta-killed, and can be rezzed. Simple enough. Test it. Thanks".
    Testers to Dev: "Actually, I die no matter what. Once I'm cocooned, that's it. I die. No matter what".
    Dev to Testers: "Wow. That's the complete opposite of what we intended, and a really obviously bad outcome. Thanks. We'll check the code again".

Actually, you are wrong. This could perfectly happen.
    "We made this change so that, if you don't get healed when cocooned, you aren't insta-killed, and can be rezzed. Simple enough. Test it. Thanks."
    "Yes, we tested it. Everyone gets downed without issue."

The problem would be more like no-one cares enough. The task was to check if you get downed, so who cares that a cocoon turns you into a suicide bomber. Cocooned person gets downed, check. QC mission accomplished.

You know that attitude: "it-is-not-my-job-to-think-here".
  • emese#4731 emese Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    LoMM is not worth the frustration as it was made horrible! Not sure why it needed to be nerfed and why it was needed to totally destroy the mechanics of Arcturia fight. Cocoons now CAN NOT BE HEALED! No matter what. And that the mimic are easier to kill is a NOT TRUE! The res sickness decreases the the DPS ability. What more the cocoon can kill more then 1 player if people are close. Killing several players means that there is decreasing less and less damage. We had last night like 5 mimic phases and Arcturia was down only about to 60% - I have never seen this fast spanning of the mimics. We gave up as it is not worth the aggravation. Let me say this I have run and successfully finished this fight many many many times -- as healer, tank and DPS. There is no way in hell that this was fixed. IT IS BROKEN!!!!!! And yeah I know we are in HELL currently in the game but no need to make the game experience HELL too!

(Ps reposted this from a different thread in a hope that maybe someone competent from the dev. team might see it a react on this)
    edited May 2020
    deleted.
  • sejal1337sejal1337 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    I'm quitting, this game is stupid and the patch to LoMM was the dumbest thing I've ever seen. How can a tank with full hp and 3/4 of his HP covered with a paladin shield still get headshot? There's literally no point in even healing whoever gets cocooned now.

idiots
  • bastardangelbastardangel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10 Arc User

Julia, please do a long-suffering wizard a favour, and find out for us why the devs decided to nerf the wizard. Again.

The patch notes warned us that the proc rate of Spell Storm wasn't working as intended, and would be brought into line.
    If you don't know the wizard class too well, the Thaumaturge paragon is broken and discarded. We're down to the Arcanist paragon, where Spell Storm is the mandatory class feature. It's a significant component of our AoE damage, which is sadly lacking behind other DPS classes, after the string of nerfs that has recently been applied to the wizard.

Your patch notes warned us that the proc rate of Spell Storm wasn't working as per the tooltip, and those that understood what that meant knew that, for some reason, you were going to decrease the proc rate.
    The other thing that the patch did, and didn't warn us about, was that Spell Storm also got a nerf to it's own crit rate. It went from reasonably high (which is generally the WAI rule - inherit the crit status of your proc source) - to a zero. No more crits.
    In other words, our best class feature got a very severe double whammy nerf.

Now, I'm all for proper class balance, and everyone getting a fair chance, but I just can't understand the motivation for this.
    After the string of nerfs handed to Wizards recently, the potential of our class clearly lags against the at potential TRs, HRs across the board, and Barbies for AoE.
    Surely nobody is complaining is complaining about Wizard DPS.
    Are they?

I can't even reconcile this as misguided governance of further nerfs so that the tool tip is correct. The addition of the Spell Storm 's ability to crit itself is actually against the WAI genral priciple, and the full change is clearly, simply a CW nerf.

We work hard to try and better ourselves with game play and slow progression. We spend millions of AD to scrounge an extra % of damage here and there. Then a nerf comes along taking something worth 15%+ of (AOE) damage, and smashes us down by about a whopping 9%.
    Worst of all, we're nothing like an over perfoming class now - particularly where we got hurt most, in AoE.

I understood why wizard changes were necessary after the very strange , weird module (single target, beginning to end) that was ToMM. I couldn't understand though why they nerfed the wizard the *way* that they did (smashed the core, in addition to single target nerfs). The nerfs were so bad that they spilled across to the Thaumaturge paragon, and despite Dev attempts to revive it in the same set of changes, it became an even more broken and neglected option.

So now, it's starting to feel like the bad old days of mod 6 through the heights of class despair when ToNG landed.
    It's hard to see if the relative balance of classes is properly understood, and that the consequnces of changes made are understood.
    But, the hardest bit is the question "Why do I play this game, struggling to better my character by a few % here and there, over months, when a random nerf comes along with something like a big 9% hit, when I'm nothing like an over performing class"?

So, please, just try and find out for us why this happened.
    If you get an answer along the lines of "that's what the tool tip says for proc rate", then find out for us why they also stopped Spell Storm from critting. The precedent for that is the opposite of what got done in the patch.
    How can we interpret this as anything other than an inexplicable nerf?

Thanks.

AMEN!

It's really demotivating.. you try your best and suddenly another nerf is ruining the last few weeks of game... :(
  • paladinmyst7766#9026 paladinmyst7766 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    I noticed some problems with the new patch.
    1. Food buffs like April Fowls seed bread still only gives me 10 power instead of the 10,000 power it is suppose to give.
    2. Can't use reroll tokens for dungeon chest now even though I have about 240 of them. It is instead telling me I have to spend astral diamonds to reroll loot from chests now.
    3. LoMM dungeon is, well, borked to put it nicely. Those who are cocooned can't be spammed healed, mimics spawn way too fast and the res sickness decreases the DPS players abilities. Why this boss fight was nerfed is beyond me.
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    Either the mimic nerf is a lie or the destruction of spell storm class feature halved wizard ST damage, one or the other. I could kill them before the patch, not anymore.
  • emese#4731 emese Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    @ Cryptic --- Can we please have a response about when LoMM will be fixed or at least an acknowledgement that this bug was registered ????????
  • xxjahvier#9450 xxjahvier Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    All they would have to do is add an AWARE button right next to the LIKE button. This way we could at least have an acknowledgment that they are aware of the issue and either working on fixing it or not. We would probably not post as many threads if we knew that our posts were at least acknowledged by someone.
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,133 Arc User
    I guess their new mantra of we will respond to all these types of issues seems to have gone out the door?

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1253416/nw-qa-will-be-reviewing-each-issue-posted-to-enter-into-our-database-also-hello
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts