test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Making Social Connections in Neverwinter

2»

Comments

• gradiigradii Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    putzboy78 said:

forcing people to be friends no. I would never be for compulsion. Creating systems that enable a person looking for a friend to find them I am all for.

So a good function would be the ability to remove yourself from looking for friends

You realize that is exactly what party finders do? it allows people to post ads for teams, join those teams, and they talk and often make friends.

https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Party_Finder
  • putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    gradii said:

putzboy78 said:

forcing people to be friends no. I would never be for compulsion. Creating systems that enable a person looking for a friend to find them I am all for.

So a good function would be the ability to remove yourself from looking for friends

You realize that is exactly what party finders do? it allows people to post ads for teams, join those teams, and they talk and often make friends.

yes but only in the context of the game. I'm talking about finding people with similar secondary interests that play the game. The purpose being social not game play
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    putzboy78 said:

gradii said:

putzboy78 said:

yes but only in the context of the game. I'm talking about finding people with similar secondary interests that play the game. The purpose being social not game play
    Well, usually that is a player side matter, I'm sure multiple NWO related discord servers exist for this.
    there are multiple NWO related discord servers. How do I find the one that combines Neverwinter enthusiasts with taxidermy hobbyist?

my point is that MMO companies should build into their design a fostering of the connections to further form bonds through the game as a central element.
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    It would be much better to put the effort this idea would require into fixing bugs.
    I am now black pilled into thinking that fixing bugs is useless. They just generate more bugs. Maybe we should just learn how to work around all the bugs and focus on adding new stuff. Like that broken heroic in Icewind Dale that everyone rides around because we know its broke. If it's not broke anymore, no one knows it because we just avoid it, lol