test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hell Pit Suggestion

jmiller84jmiller84 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 188 Arc User
With Hell Pit returning, figured this would be a good time to bring this up. The Overload Enchantments available thru the vendor should have a recharge ability. 10 hours of combat time goes quite fast as anyone who uses Black Ice overloads can attest to, even though those are 8 hours comparatively.

I'd suggest adding in a recharge via Astral Diamonds. You're always looking for a way to get people to spend their AD and this would be a perfect way to get people to do that. Have it cost 200k AD to fully charge a Hell Pit overload.

Just a bit of food for thought.
HR: Vretzen
GWF: Vretzina
OP: Vee
DC: Evee
CW: nezterV

Leader - Valaraukari Ascension

Comments

• regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    + the event itself should become a really returning one like the Siege of Neverwinter, giving everyone an equal shot at getting a legendary mount over time.

+ the mount itself should become an account-wide unlock, classes change all the time, it would be nice to know that the one decent reward we can get from an event won't be lost on a single character, when something gets changed again.
    it looks like that one is going to happen with the next patch, nice change, thank you.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    regenerde said:

+ the event itself should become a really returning one like the Siege of Neverwinter, giving everyone an equal shot at getting a legendary mount over time.

+ the mount itself should become an account-wide unlock, classes change all the time, it would be nice to know that the one decent reward we can get from an event won't be lost on a single character, when something gets changed again.
    it looks like that one is going to happen with the next patch, nice change, thank you.

That is not how I read it. It looks like, instead of extending the Hell Pit, they are going to extend the rewards structure to other events.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User

regenerde said:

That is not how I read it. It looks like, instead of extending the Hell Pit, they are going to extend the rewards structure to other events.
    Events

The Golden Horse mount, when purchased via an event vendor, will now unlock for all characters on the account.

I read the above statement as all characters on the account will have that mount.
    But there is a catch (or typo), the mount for Hell pit should be Golden Warhorse. Is Golden Horse something else for a different event?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    jmiller84 said:

With Hell Pit returning, figured this would be a good time to bring this up. The Overload Enchantments available thru the vendor should have a recharge ability. 10 hours of combat time goes quite fast as anyone who uses Black Ice overloads can attest to, even though those are 8 hours comparatively.

I'd suggest adding in a recharge via Astral Diamonds. You're always looking for a way to get people to spend their AD and this would be a perfect way to get people to do that. Have it cost 200k AD to fully charge a Hell Pit overload.

Just a bit of food for thought.

These are extemely powerful overloads. If they were going to make them rechargeble, id like to see more of a time + money element involved. (less pay to win)

for instance:
    recharge cost: 50,000 AD plus 50,000 Voninblod
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

regenerde said:

Events

The Golden Horse mount, when purchased via an event vendor, will now unlock for all characters on the account.

I read the above statement as all characters on the account will have that mount.
    But there is a catch (or typo), the mount for Hell pit should be Golden Warhorse. Is Golden Horse something else for a different event?
    Sorry. This is the part that I was thinking about:

Tokens of Achievement Rewards (Participation Tab)
    Similar to the Tales of Old season structure introduced this year, participating a minimum amount will result in a Token of Achievement. These tokens can be spent to purchase some fairly valuable items. These tokens will not be available for the first 14 days of the event since 14 successes is needed to begin unlocking Tokens of Achievement. Only 1 Token of Achievement will be awarded during Hell Pit. Subsequent events throughtout a year timespan will each reward 1 Token of Achievement for minimum participation PER event.
  • nooneatzanooneatza Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    I fully support the 200k ad to recharge the overload timer.
    Good ad sink, good dmg boost.
    You're a tryhard with more ad than time ? > recharge it
    You're a player that would rather spend ad someplace else ? > don't recharge it
  • bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    Agreed about the recharge on the overload enchant, would be really useful, a way to remove ad from the game and not have to jealously guard the minutes remaining.
  • sagakaiyume#0847 sagakaiyume Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    Would absolutely Love not having to hold onto 8+ overloads of the same kind, would like to hear a reply before the event ends so we know we can safely pick up one of each overload.
  • indro100indro100 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 67 Arc User
    Well it seems nice, if you can do it, allready saw people say they can't finish it... what kind of an event is that, if even 10 or 20 % this not can do.. ? Another thing in Neverwinter that waste my time and that's too bad....
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    How do you know if it is a waste of your time unless you try?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    indro100 said:

Well it seems nice, if you can do it, allready saw people say they can't finish it... what kind of an event is that, if even 10 or 20 % this not can do.. ? Another thing in Neverwinter that waste my time and that's too bad....

I can't "finish it" but I am not after an ugly horse. I wouldn't mind getting some other items. But it is a fun solo event. I still jump in there a few times.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • jmiller84jmiller84 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 188 Arc User
    @nitocris83 can you pass this along to someone who may be able do something with this? Much appreciated.
    HR: Vretzen
    GWF: Vretzina
    OP: Vee
    DC: Evee
    CW: nezterV

Leader - Valaraukari Ascension
  • warr182warr182 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User
    So I finished Hell Event with 2 days and 2 hours left ....... 1 token of Achievement ....Only 1 so ALL THIS BS and no MOUNT ????? Did we ever have a shot at the Mount or was this a SET up ?????
    edited May 2020
    warr182 said:

So I finished Hell Event with 2 days and 2 hours left ....... 1 token of Achievement ....Only 1 so ALL THIS BS and no MOUNT ????? Did we ever have a shot at the Mount or was this a SET up ?????

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11301083-new-event:-hell-pit!
    NOTE: Hell Pit is one event in a series of events that will occurr throughout the next year. Tokens of Achievement will be granted during the individual multiple events. See the section on Tokens of Achievement for more details.
    Post edited by regenerde on
    Want to know why?
  • volournvolourn Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    "My suggestion would be to get rid of the whole Soul Contract thing. Many people are at least somewhat religious and the is a real turn off for us. There is no functional reason for it in the game. "

You play a game with gods. Stop bringing real life religion nonsense into this fantasy world.
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    Why would a company that is desperate for customer risk offending customers with a "Soul Contract". Cryptic needs all the customers it can get.
    edited May 2020
    Well, why would anyone in their right mind even give this "soul contract" a second thought?
    The last time i checked you would have to sign these kind of "contracts" with your real name in your own blood...

What's next? People complaining about animal cruelty, because the mounts on display in Protectors Enclave have no fitting stable and food/water, or why is there no option to feed our companions? I mean, even when they're hardly usefull these days, they still have to eat, right?

But by all means, grab your torches and pitchforks folks, and find your own worthy "cause" to complain about in a GAME...

"Get a life."
    Post edited by regenerde on
    Want to know why?
  • warr182warr182 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User
    volourn said:

"My suggestion would be to get rid of the whole Soul Contract thing. Many people are at least somewhat religious and the is a real turn off for us. There is no functional reason for it in the game. "

You play a game with gods. Stop bringing real life religion nonsense into this fantasy world.

I completely agree .....