test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: nw.120.20200427a.2

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
Patch Notes for tomorrow's maintenance are now available.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11429993

Comments

• kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    "The Golden Horse mount, when purchased via an event vendor, will now unlock for all characters on the account."

You mean the Golden Warhorse from Hellpit?
    Thats nice.
  • oldtimer#7525 oldtimer Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    More nerfs to dungeons. Why?
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

Because "friends"
  • merlyn#1726 merlyn Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I haven't seen nerfs to dungeon
  • salidor#0795 salidor Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2020

I haven't seen nerfs to dungeon

Beside of Lomm Babymode ?

Lair of the Mad Mage

Acturia's Mimic friends have had their health reduced to half of their normal value.
    Acturia's Cocoon of Death will now just down the player instead of outright killing them when the players "friends" fail to save the within the 8-second timer. The name remains unchanged.
    Maybe its because you have to succeed it with two healers in REDQ instead of fixing this :-1:
  • procx#8795 procx Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    No fix for coffer contribution problem to Elminster's quest in Well of Dragons.
  • routeshell#1467 routeshell Member Posts: 4 Arc User

Apparently too hard to fix.
    rikitaki said:

Dragon breaths in Tiamat (white, green) usually have a warning red before cast, but do not leave red warning neither any visual indication of dangerous area while still happily functioning as a near insta-kill. (a long time ago there was a poison in the air/ice on the floor)

Also hard, like, years in development hard from what I heard.

What is it with the dragons tho? Cultists schemes I guess.

• gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User

Black Ice Warhorse: This mount's power has been simplified and adjusted to feel more in line with other mount powers.

It's deal exact the same amount of damage as before, but now in description 6.7 magnitude.

Nice work.

Patch is not yet active. How do you know?
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User

Apparently too hard to fix.
    rikitaki said:

Dragon breaths in Tiamat (white, green) usually have a warning red before cast, but do not leave red warning neither any visual indication of dangerous area while still happily functioning as a near insta-kill. (a long time ago there was a poison in the air/ice on the floor)

Also hard, like, years in development hard from what I heard.

What is it with the dragons tho? Cultists schemes I guess.

Wait. I ran Tiamat a couple of days ago and there were both smoke and ice. The only issue I have is that both smoke and ice areas are a bit larger than the visual effect so you may get damaged even if apparently you're just outside of the area.

Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • roadkill#6177 roadkill Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    I can kill Mimics with 80k Power and 20k item level, so I don't get the nerfing on Mimics, nor the tweaks to the Cocoon of "Death"... Address the graphics issues of invisible clouds and bugs around Cocoon would be better imo. However, speaking of nerfs, I heard a reference to D&D Nerf Wars but not sure if that is a term pertaining to Edition changes or something else--please message me about what Nerf Wars might be thanks.
    Post edited by roadkill#6177 on
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    This is a normal course of events. A dungeon that is an outlier in terms of difficulty for the vast majority of players is brought in line with the other dungeons. Remember that it has already been superseded by something newer for players who seek the proverbial badge of honor for beating something especially hard. It has happened many times before and is not a bad thing.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • necromanceheronecromancehero Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2020

Black Ice Warhorse: This mount's power has been simplified and adjusted to feel more in line with other mount powers.

It's deal exact the same amount of damage as before, but now in description 6.7 magnitude.

Nice work.

"AMAZING FACEPALM"
    Cryptic's you are the best!
  • evemjevemj Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    Might have been better to :
    - slow down the mimic spawns where they go incredibly fast
    - make the cocoon phases impose a mark on the affected players (in or nearby) that, after the 2nd stack, prevents you from being revived
    - fix whatever is causing players in the cocoon from not being full when they seem to be (like they receive a bit of damage or whatever) (bug previously reported, I think)

Then again, if players are having a hard time at Arcturia, revive sickness from cocoon fails is going to make it harder for them to finish. Guess we'll see how it goes.
  • agonistes#1431 agonistes Member Posts: 78 Arc User

Wait. I ran Tiamat a couple of days ago and there were both smoke and ice. The only issue I have is that both smoke and ice areas are a bit larger than the visual effect so you may get damaged even if apparently you're just outside of the area.

Wasn't there yesterday when I was running people through. Playing with everything on max, so it's not being filtered out by settings.
  • agonistes#1431 agonistes Member Posts: 78 Arc User

Nice work.

"AMAZING FACEPALM"
    Cryptic's you are the best!
    The.. patch isn't even live yet.
  • frost#7995 frost Member Posts: 3 Arc User

Nice work.

Patch is not yet active. How do you know?
    It's on preview server already.
  • necromanceheronecromancehero Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    -The.. patch isn't even live yet.

On the test server "Lurker", as I understand it, this patch appeared.
    And the only change for this mount - is a change in description.
    I hope I'm wrong
    If I really made a mistake, I apologize for the misinformation
  • estasia1estasia1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 107 Arc User
    This is still not fixed. I can't open my account bound legendary mounts because when I do one disapears from the claims agent. It apparently will only allow me to have 5 mounts. I have account wide mounts in my inventory that I will not open because I already have lost an Armored Bullet from the Legendary mount pack. Now you make another account wide legendary mount from this event that will set in my inventory.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User

Because "friends"
    And WTH does that mean?
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    micky1p00 said:

Because "friends"
    And WTH does that mean?
    It means that somebody didn't read the patch-notes...

• zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User

90% of LoMM fails happen at Acturia because the mimics have too much HP. But this is normally only the case when you just que it or redq. If you go in with a group who knows how to do it there's never any real trouble aside from a occasional hiccup here and there.
    Don't really know how I feel about it. Guess we'll just have to see how it plays out. I enjoyed the challenge with a capable group but I hated every random que or single que LoMM without first making the group being stuck in a party with people totally incapable of doing it.
    So is this going to make LoMM incredibly easy to do now? Like to the point it's not even a challenge at all.
    Maybe it would have been better to just raise the item level requirement for the dungeon instead? Like simply putting required item level of 21k seems like it would be a much better choice.
    But oh well i'll run LoMM till the wheels fall off now B)

This is a great change. The types of teams that are too underpowered to defeat Arcturia will now fail at any of the bosses.
    The golems really did not matter. The insta kill from cocoon was devastating to random teams that got a poor healer, especially when they only pull one good HDPS who keeps getting knocked out of the battle from cocoon. This change makes LoMM random-friendly. Easier yes, but not a cakewalk.

If you wanna punish leechers and underperformers, how about installing an AD reduction for players that die 5 times and for any DPS that deals less than 15% of total damage?
    edited May 2020

micky1p00 said:

Because "friends"
    And WTH does that mean?
    It means that somebody didn't read the patch-notes...

Nvm, I looked for more meaning than there was.
    edited May 2020

41% patched over 3 GB downloaded so far. Is this right? What exactly am I downloading here

Probably, Episode 1, Rage of Bel
    Post edited by micky1p00 on