test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

DPS fighter mechanic change suggestion.

gradiigradii Member Posts: 280 Arc User
DPS fighter seems to be underperforming significantly right now and part of why is their vengeance mechanic requires them to block damage, which is a disadvantage in any fight with a tank handling aggro.

Simply change the vengeance gauge to also have a 50% chance to gain Vengeance when damaging an enemy.

Comments

• demarw2#2749 demarw2 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    I have no big problems to manage my vengeance...

In boss fights we gain 5 Vengeance every crit and just loose 25 vengeance while using Anvil of Doom every 14 sec. Most of the time that would work. And every boss has some AoE attacks. Whike shielding these the bar is full again.

For mobs, where we don't use Anvil, it is very easy to keep the Vengeance up. My bar is between 90 and 100 every time.
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    How are you gaining vengeance without blocking? does it already have a way to do that? when I read the tooltip it did not say that
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    gradii said:

How are you gaining vengeance without blocking? does it already have a way to do that? when I read the tooltip it did not say that

The Rolling Hatred feat, which essentially solves all of your Vengeance problems.

Though to be fair, you do have a point that if you were not using Rolling Hatred, you would have Vengeance issues in some fights. You're not supposed to be getting hit, it's the tank's job to do that, so you would otherwise lose DPS by being forced to squat on the toilet to regen the Vengeance meter.

How do you make sure you get to 50% veng though?
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    gradii said:

How do you make sure you get to 50% veng though?

Hold the squat button ("Seethe") outside of combat (default: Tab).

Then run in and hit enemies with Rolling Hatred.

when does dps fighter get seethe? I seemed to have Dig in at level 50 still
  • demarw2#2749 demarw2 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    It's the same feature. Only the name and the animated color is different.

Of course: before entering a dungeon fill up your vengeance bar with R1 and then fight and Rolling Hatred will help you to keep vengeance up.

I said, that it is not difficult to manage vengeance. But I did not say that I like our vengeance machanic. It is ok. But something for a high burst damage like in mod 15 would be much cooler.
  • rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    I am continually amazed at how many Dreadnaught fighters run around without their Vengeance meter full, or at least half full. You're losing out on *so* much damage by not maintaining your Vengeance. Once you fill your meter, a tap of the Tab here and there and you are good to go. As mentioned earlier, Roiling Hatred makes Vengeance maintenance super easy.