test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rage of Bel now on Preview!

Comments

• promin3nc3#8884 promin3nc3 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    BEL, Possible bug/broken mechanic:
    When you are fighting Bel, if one or more players stay too close to the ball that the player needs to pick up the are get flooded with fire, it becomes impossible to complete. the fire always damages you and you cant pick the ball up. Then the fire falls on you and becomes even more impossible.
    This happened to me this morning when i was on preview, i was running with a party of 3, i had the symbol on my head and i was trying to pick up the ball, but those 2 other player started running for it as well, the are became flooded with fire and (because the fires sty too long on the floor) the whole map was flooded with fire and we gad to quit the fight and start again...

The other thing is that those fires that Bel/siege engine drop on you stay way too long on the floor, this needs to be fixed asap before it goes to live server,

There is already way too much discrimination in this game targeted to new players, we don't want this to be one more source of that, new player will never get a chance to join a party => they will never lean the mechanics => no one will invite them to a party because of that and the cycle continues...

One more thing, "Ring the bel quest" never seems to complete, after defeating him it just stays open and nothing happens...

Other thoughts on Bel:
    He really does too low damage against players, maybe buff him a little bit. But i like what you did with his stats, insted of giving him a lot of hp you made that he takes less damage in certain phases, thats way batter. thumbs up on that one.

My thoughts/other:
    Everything else is fine, i must say that im satisfied with this update. I know a lot of people give hate to heroic encounters but imo, these are heroic encounters done right. There is always a reason to do them and the rewards are great! i think they will still be relevant to do even after this mod gets old.
    I would like if you added more gear to Juma bags but that is just my opinion, maybe that there is a chance to get rings or something, maybe those from undermountain... they are popular and farming them is hard if you dont have access to ToMM, and they are a BiS for almost all classes. Or add alternatives to those rings, we really need more "alternatives" to gear, there needs to be variety in builds, since all dps builds are the same and you know... its not dun to run around in the same gear and have no alternatives. Seriously, if you can put in the time and effort to make gear with almost useless effect like "teleporting to a nearby enemy" im sure you can make gear that is a sold choice between that and old stuff.
    But this mod was also a step in the right direction when it comes to that, you introduced a lot of gear that is interchangeable and the variety in builds slowly started to see some light.

So great work with that and continue in this direction!
  • sgrantdevsgrantdev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 81 Cryptic Developer

BEL, Possible bug/broken mechanic:
    When you are fighting Bel, if one or more players stay too close to the ball that the player needs to pick up the are get flooded with fire, it becomes impossible to complete. the fire always damages you and you cant pick the ball up. Then the fire falls on you and becomes even more impossible.
    This happened to me this morning when i was on preview, i was running with a party of 3, i had the symbol on my head and i was trying to pick up the ball, but those 2 other player started running for it as well, the are became flooded with fire and (because the fires sty too long on the floor) the whole map was flooded with fire and we gad to quit the fight and start again...

The other thing is that those fires that Bel/siege engine drop on you stay way too long on the floor, this needs to be fixed asap before it goes to live server,

A timer has been added to the fires so they will go away eventually to help with this.

One more thing, "Ring the bel quest" never seems to complete, after defeating him it just stays open and nothing happens...

This has been fixed and should be in the next patch.

Thank you for all the feedback.

• rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    The new helmets dont work for male dwarfs, i knew ithey wouldnt work in Dragonborn but dwarfs too ?

Is is Buged or was intent ?
  • xdavidep96xdavidep96 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    Another "bug", not related to rage of bel but related to a previous patch
    PATCH NOTES: NW.120.20200330C.5
    Items and Economy
    Enchantments and Enhancements
    Enchanting Stones, Rank 5 and Rank 6 can now be purchased in bulk from the Trade Bar Store
    I don't see any enchanting stones in the trade bar store
  • hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User

Items and Economy
    Enchanting Stones, Rank 5 and Rank 6 can now be purchased in bulk from the Trade Bar Store

This has already been adressed. See: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/comment/13149338
    Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression
  • erevel09erevel09 Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    About the Rage of Bel Progress Bar:

I have noticed that upon finishing new heroics the % value differs regarding the simple fact: did the boss spawned or not.
    If it doesn't it only increases by 1%, but if it does, it goes up by 6%.

Please consider changing values a bit. Maybe change that 1% up to 2% and that 6% down to 5%. As it is right now if one is extremaly unlucky it takes 100 heroics to get this bar to fill up (I know it's rather extreme case, but still).

The second thing, could you please make the bar visible near the minimap? In the similar way it works for BHE in River District, for example? Constantly checking the map is not something many people will find amusing, I'm sure.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited May 2020

(tooltip on live)
  • evemjevemj Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    erevel09 said:

About the Rage of Bel Progress Bar:

I have noticed that upon finishing new heroics the % value differs regarding the simple fact: did the boss spawned or not.
    If it doesn't it only increases by 1%, but if it does, it goes up by 6%.

Please consider changing values a bit. Maybe change that 1% up to 2% and that 6% down to 5%. As it is right now if one is extremaly unlucky it takes 100 heroics to get this bar to fill up (I know it's rather extreme case, but still).

Yeah, we were doing some HEs last night, just 3-4 people.
    Rage wasn't going to happen with the amount of work it represents when there's only a few people around, which is what will be happening in a while when new content comes out or people have gotten what they needed.
    If there isn't already, there should be a way to sacrifice currency to increase the progress bar (kinda like the ship in River District).
  • sriram#1646 sriram Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    The Awkned Forge box is not BIS. It should provide stats more than Chain of scales if it's same stats the grind to get this is very low as compared to Empowered Cahin of Scales. Make changes to increast bonus from 6% to 10% or higher will make This BIS and every one will go for it.
  • wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    @sgrantdev can you please add companion gear to the loot table for Rage of Bel? 😇
    Elite Whaleboy
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited May 2020

The Awkned Forge box is not BIS. It should provide stats more than Chain of scales if it's same stats the grind to get this is very low as compared to Empowered Cahin of Scales. Make changes to increast bonus from 6% to 10% or higher will make This BIS and every one will go for it.

Even at 6%... will there be "any" motivation for new players to create an Empowered Chain of Scales after this?

IT was and is the pinnacle reward for fully grinding out the Chult campaign
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    Just change it from "one of the following" and into "Grants the following"
    The bonuses are not high, and this type of item overrides the older one so stacking is not an issue.

The RNG of the bonus itself makes it meh, and having the increased quality add more rng to the rng makes it even more meh.
    This is not a good place to put "horizontal", horizontal is not rng...
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User

The Awakened Forge Box already will be BiS; its Power bonus is automatic according to the tooltip, not RNG-based. That alone puts it ahead of the Chain of Scales.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• aradyn#0871 aradyn Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    sgrantdev said:

Roughly how long did it take you to reach Seneschal rank?

Each rank was different, gold easier than purple... Average time was 1.5 hour per rank. The time increased with more people. The more people in the heroic, the longer it took as the % stops moving when more than 4 people get into the heroic. I also noticed it sped way up when using an augment vs companion. Test results were:

Me+(A)Augment vs mobs = pretty slow due to no combat adv. (Never finished the level on this mode)
    Me+(C)Companion vs mobs = A bit faster but still slow (Never finished the level on this mode)
    Me+A+Another Person = Best speed (think I did that level in half an hour)
    Me+C+Another Person = About 1hour&15 minutes
    Me+Augment or Companion + Large number of people = 1% per encounter which took about half an hour (Never even got close to finishing a level)

It seemed like the more people around, the worse the leveling got... expect everyone to start hating each other and trying to claim instances =D
  • tepes#1182 tepes Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    nisckis said:

Making the transmutes a random reward is a really bad idea.
    All the rewards should be buyable at the makos shop, it makes no sense having to farm content just in the hope that the RNG gods give you the items you want by pure chance.

I would second this. Please don't make us grind for fashion items.
  • emese#4731 emese Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    My problem with HEs is that only considers DPS. It seems that to get the % for the ranking depends on the damage one does, but not sure how it exactly works. My paladin gets more % if I kill an enemy solo, when there are multiple player attacking the mobs my progress slows down almost to 0. Today I see a board is added to rank players. This is purely based on the damage done. So the problem here is that it leaves out healers and tank. Tank and heals do much less damage -- yet they might be useful to have for the bosses. On that note, not sure what is the bosses's significance in these HEs? Do they only count as achievement for a person who makes the killing shot? Do they drop any item? Why are they there? Also one of them can pretty much kill almost everyone with its splinter attack (I do remember the name but it is actually the same as the 1st boss in IC)

IMO tank and heal roles should be also included and rewarded in some form or they will be penalized from the start. The progression should be clearer - what gives 1% progress -- type of enemy, individual kill, or amount of damage?
    sgrantdev said:

Are they resetting while you are fighting them?

(Not all but multiple bosses did this) They reset every time they kill someone. IE 5 people fighting, boss down to 25% health, it kills 1 of the 5 people and goes back up to 100% health.
    @those complaining about the Chains vs Forge box... It is hard to compare the two (because they stack - at least they did the other day). Additionally, with 600s cooldowns & 1800s up times, you can keep 2 of them proc'ed from the same bar by swapping them out (although not necessarily needed).
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    sgrantdev said:

arazith07 said:

BUG: Bosses at the end of the HEs keeps resetting and going back to full health

If you move away from the spawn point (for example dodging backwards because you're not a tank and have aggro because no tank is present) they reset and go back to the spawning point. This happens also with non-boss monsters.

Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
    micky1p00 said:

hustin1 said:

We want new dungeons. We want MORE dungeons

Well, that's your opinion. I want more story and much more quest variation. Where there are dungeons, I want them to contribute to storylines in a meaningful fashion. I stopped caring about dungeons for their own sake when the difficulty got so high that you have to grind them a dozen times or more just to learn the mechanics. But then, I'm not a competitive person and I don't measure myself against other people based on whether I've done latest and greatest dungeon (not saying you are that sort of person, but I *am* saying that I think the devs are listening to that sort of person way too much to the exclusion of people who play for other reasons).
    I don't wish to start an argument (honestly), and please don't take it as some personal attack, but you brought up the "competitive" / "epeen" as the motivation several times, and I would like to explain that this is, at least for many I know is not the case. I will not speak for everyone, but for many, MMO is a group activity, and a good group activity is rewarding when the groups overcomes a challenge. Going to the grocery store is rarely memorable unless something happens. And the point of the social experience is creating memorable moments.

In terms of story, the common trope is the "Hero's Journey", and from the The Odyssey to Star wars, it's all the same template, overcoming some challenge. The story will not be the same if the hero battles and overcomes his challenge in single line - I had an itch, I scratched an itch. The itch needs to be epic, and a challenge to scratch.

One can read the entire story line from the WotC books, but that will not become a social experience on its own. Also notice that D&D as tabletop, a good DM will always keep the challenge right there, at the sweet spot of not easy, not trivial, where it takes effort, but with in reach with that effort. That what makes the effort rewarding and memorable.

So, epeen or greatest or who else does what, has nothing to do with it. I wouldn't read a hero's journey book with where the hero doesn't overcome something, nor I would play a game that is banal and trivial to the level of a clicker. From Tetris and Minesweaper to the modern games, all have challange in mind.

I apologize for the off topic.
    I think @hustin1 has a point. Dungeoneers had their way in the last mods, now it's time to cater to other types of players. I ran TOMM for the achievement but I think it's an horrible experience and basically for a mod that's what we got.
    I'm not against having challenging content, I'm just against it being always a dungeon or trial. Difficult solo content can be made and difficult area content (like HEs) can be made too.
    viraaal said:

sgrantdev said:

I don't think it does require a killing blow. Was running with a tank yesterday and he was basically just aggroing mobs around the place and he gained % as fast as me, sometimes even faster.

There is a chance to absorb energy on kills for each person, at least that is the intent. Will have to review the description text to make sure that is called out. But I would like to confirm that people are seeing an increase without getting the killing blow right now.
    I was the tank with @rainer#8575 and all I was doing was running around pulling the mobs into a group to make it easier for the dps to kill. I would have been killing, but not as often as the dps, and my bar was progressing as fast as them, and as stated, sometimes even faster. I think it has to do with being engaged with the mob, as the tank I will have some level of threat on most mobs. If I am progressing faster then a dps, they might only be focusing on a few targets. This means I should go up faster then them, as im engaged with more targets then they are, which alligns to the idea of not needing the killing blow.
    I think @viraal has a point here. Playing as an Hunter Ranger and spamming Rapid Volley (which hits basically everything in sight) I was progressing faster than with my Warden setup (that deals way more damage btw).
    edited May 2020

When you are fighting Bel and need to pickup the ammo for the catapult, it becomes impossible to do so when the whole area around the ammo pickup site is smothered in fire. You keep getting interrupted while trying to pick it up.
    Feels like you went somewhat overboard with the amount of fires, after a short while the whole area gets completely covered. At least make a small zone around the active ammo pickup safe from the fire, so that the one person that has to pick it up can actually do so.

Yup. If for any reason (rubberbanding back for example) you do not immediately pick up the stone as soon as you approach it, a fire area appears and you're then unable to pick up the stone anymore. Your only option is to die and reset.
    Post edited by gabrieldourden on
    vorphied said:

What’s up with this ring?

I can appreciate that a variety of bonuses and slot types is necessary, even that not everything must be or should be BiS, but...

How did a legendary ring with mixed slots and such a useless equip bonus make it out of preliminary testing? Summoning allied monsters is cool in theory, but this is, as someone else mentioned, the equivalent of a glorified At-Will on 30 second cooldown.

This game has more than enough novelty equipment.

Do you know what would really be great? A "build your own ring" store, where you can decide primary stat, secondary stat and extra power. I would definitely farm rings for all my characters at that point.
  • sgrantdevsgrantdev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 81 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2020

sgrantdev said:

arazith07 said:

If you move away from the spawn point (for example dodging backwards because you're not a tank and have aggro because no tank is present) they reset and go back to the spawning point. This happens also with non-boss monsters.

Is this resetting happening when you pull them to the edge of the islands, or is it happening within the general play area. Generally the edge of the play area is near the portals to leave but you can better tell because the insurgency display will go away. If they are pulled out of the insurgency area they will get mad and go back.

If this is happening within the normal play area any more specific info would be appreciated. We have not seen that internally and I would like to get it resolved.

Thanks again for the information all.
    Post edited by sgrantdev on
  • almirgt#5791 almirgt Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    Hey, I wanted to ask you to please correct and continue the Portuguese translation of Neverwinter, you have no idea how much the Brazilian, stop playing because of the lack of that translation, they would get more new people too.
  • xdavidep96xdavidep96 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    hastati96 said:

Items and Economy

This has already been adressed. See: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/comment/13149338
    Thanks, I didn't noticed. My bad
    Btw, lots of patches in preview in a small amount of time. Even if it's just a small amount of content, I'm glad to see that devs are working hard on feedback. That's good, finally the first breath of fresh air...
    Keep working like this, that's the right way
    sgrantdev said:

sgrantdev said:

arazith07 said:

Is this resetting happening when you pull them to the edge of the islands, or is it happening within the general play area. Generally the edge of the play area is near the portals to leave but you can better tell because the insurgency display will go away. If they are pulled out of the insurgency area they will get mad and go back.

If this is happening within the normal play area any more specific info would be appreciated. We have not seen that internally and I would like to get it resolved.

Thanks again for the information all.
    I'll try again this evening. Anyway it happened in the main area too if moving from one side to the other transversally to the portal-to-portal line.