test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rage of Bel now on Preview!

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
Greetings Adventurers,

Rage of Bel is now on the Preview shard and we would love your feedback and bug reports! Please reply to this thread with your comments, indicating if it's a Bug or Feedback. We will be checking this thread frequently.

Comments

• wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    How soon is "now" ? :)
    Elite Whaleboy
  • mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    Selected NeverwinterPreview and no new download as of yet.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • samfandango#7687 samfandango Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    As in, right now. Was just looking at it. Patch was updated Friday, only just went live today
  • agoraotro#4630 agoraotro Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    I see there is new stuff on avernus collection, i didn't get any updated though. guess RoB is already rolling on preview?

do we have any notes on it regarding changes? i'd like to see what those healers changes they so mentioned are about - if anyone can check.
  • nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    the new fashion is amazing

the new appearance helm is cool too

the new belt item is quite good

the new ring is not

• codetellercodeteller Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    relevant patch notes available?
  • mateus#1538 mateus Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    the new helmet is cool, can you make the tiefling horns disappear while wearing it?
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    First impressions; seems rather repetitive just going around killing thousands of devils trying to fill up the meter. In the hour or two that it's been up, the meter is only 30% full. The lag is quite intense. I was on a 20 man instance (about 60 across all instances) and dealing with a ~2 second delay from input to character action. I would switch to a lower population instance, however you need people to be able to complete these new HEs without constantly dying. This will only increase as it goes live and more people participate.

The belt item is pretty good, nice skins for appearance stuff, but the ring equip power seems rather mediocre and is basically the equivalent of an extra at-will firing off every 30 seconds.
  • evemjevemj Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    Bug :
    Fighter holding tab to increase Vengeance meter gets stuck in combat mode... for some reason... and it doesn't stop even if meter empties. Sometimes killing myself fixes it, sometimes I have to relog.

Seems I also got stuck in this state by killing a courrier imp. He started it, though.

Edit : Hasn't happened since map reset.
    Post edited by evemj on
    I am getting 0% charge on Rift Warden Amulet thing despite going into the rift and doing the heroics several times.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • bigdragon#4214 bigdragon Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    Good... New companion on offensive slot... Ty criptic... Ty very much for all dps classes that can equip only 1 offensive slot... No comment
  • skingdev#1102 skingdev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 77 Cryptic Developer
    No Patch today. The patch last week contained all relevant changes. We simply activated Rage of Bel on our Preview server. Speak with Alric in Vallenhas to get started on the quest line.

Sorry for the confusion.
  • rev#7881 rev Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited May 2020

I see there is new stuff on avernus collection, i didn't get any updated though. guess RoB is already rolling on preview?

do we have any notes on it regarding changes? i'd like to see what those healers changes they so mentioned are about - if anyone can check.

As far as i can tell nothing changed on the warlock, maybe they said it wrong and the changes will only come in mod 19

• admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    Does the new Belt item stack with Omu's? (I think not)
    Are these the only rewards?

If so, nothing that would encourage me to do that.
  • xdavidep96xdavidep96 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    Bug list
    The fragments for the makos quest obtained in the eroic encounters sometimes appear in the reward notification and sometimes they don't
    The quest "ring of the bell" is impossible to complete. Once the player kills bel, nothing change. The quest doesn't update to a "completed" status.
    The vallenhas reward chest got from the quests automatically opens and the reward inside doens't appear in any notification. The only place where they appear is in the chat from the reward notification. This chest should be bound on the character, so I think that this chest shouldn't automatically open when someone completes the relative quest.
    Impression about encounters and enemies
    It's just an impression but, bel's attack felt a bit weak. The defence and the hp of bel were good but the attack were a bit weak. I tested this with a dps barbarian (tested in solo, maxed out offensive stats) without any of defence stat capped... i never felt the need to use a potion. Maybe a 20% of increased damage would be the right amount.
    Kugarn the lithe in the recovery encoter has an OP recovery. 830k hp every recovery maybe too much. Just need to be tested with the right amount of people (tested with 5/6 good char) to understand if this recovery it's too much, but the first impression... too much hp recovered
    That's it for now. Not able to progress to an eventual quest chain after the "ring of the bell", so none is able to give any kind of feedback about any further quest after that
    Post edited by xdavidep96 on
  • ukspawnukspawn Member Posts: 426 Arc User

As above, inability to mix and match between fashion and transmutes is frustrating.

As for the new content, I enjoyed it but it seems to me it will become stale very quickly. Although personally not expecting too much and in all honesty I prefer smaller doses of new content this will be seen (hopefully by a minority) as lacking and repetitive. It does come across as grindy, a single short quest to open up a grind of heroics to grind a new boss.

The new boss fight is fun but not overly challenging, not a bad thing as it makes it viable content for everyone.

No major complaints from myself.

Bug:

“Ring the Bel” quest is bugged, no completion/rewards given upon completion. I’m assuming there’s no new content (quest/path) after this and it’s rinse repeat?

I’m still uncertain on how the absorbtion quests work, so I can’t say if there’s issues with this besides my lack of knowledge or the feeling of grindiness. Tried various repetitive actions and the build up (%)always varied dramatically.

Also, similar conditions as above, the mini-bosses for the new heroic end phases, their life-leech ability seems to be somewhat crazy unless you have a large number of players in that encounter it literally becomes unbeatable. This could be intentional to ensure players can’t simply and single handedly contribute to a quick Bel summon, dunno.

Hmm nothing else to report, it’s a simple addition and not overwhelming, I also appreciate that it’s fairly balanced in that new players shouldn’t feel like it’s more endgame content they are missing out on that will just create a larger gap between them and those up top.
    Feedback
    I was writing and editing my reply with my feedback when suddenly my comment was deleted. No offensive words, nothing wrong... just feedback. My reply somehow got deleted
  • mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    I'm generally disappointed: boredom, grind and no rewards. A companion is not even worth a comment, it is disgusting and useless. Just like the ring.
    So, as usual...
    Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .
  • samfandango#7687 samfandango Member Posts: 11 Arc User

I believe those changes will be coming with the actual mod 19 release. Not this episode
  • putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User

Feedback
    I was writing and editing my reply with my feedback when suddenly my comment was deleted. No offensive words, nothing wrong... just feedback. My reply somehow got deleted

Check the lower depths. That's where they put all the most insightful feedback
    > @putzboy78 said:
    > (Quote)
    > Check the lower depths. That's where they put all the most insightful feedback

Nothing, I even checked in the comment section of my profile. I edited few times my comment because I was adding and updating the list while checking and asking for some report in the preview. Maybe the comment was autodeleted because I edited it too much times. Don't know. Btw, I'm going to write again one last time.
    Bug list

Quest reward bug
    the chest rewarded from the quest automatically opens at the end of their relative quest. The chest should go in the inventory because it's bound on the character, so the player could decide when to open it but the game automaticaly opens the chest. There is no notification about the reward with the exception of the chat reward notification.

Reward bug
    Similar problem with the first quest of makos where the player need to obtain the fragments doing eroic encounters. Those fragments don't appear in the reward window (ctrl+f) of the encounter. Sometimes they appear in the notification area (botton right of the screen). Sometimes they don't appear anywhere but the quest still take them in count.

Visual bug
    In the encounters the rift is invisible. the rift become visible only in a certain angle of view.

Quest bug
    I just noticed this, but I got the confirm by a lot of people in the chat. The quest "ring of the bell" is bugged. Even when a player kills bel and get the rewards, the quest doesn't update to a "completed" status. Basically, the quest is is incompletable at the moment.

Impressions

Bel stats
    I feel that bel does low damage against the player. I killed him with a barbarian dps with no defensive stat capped without the need to use a healing potion.

"Recovery" boss
    The leech boss (forgot the name) of the encounter "recovery", recovers too much hp. Did the encounter with 5/6 maxed out char and struggled a lot to kill him. He always recovered 830k hp multiple times with high frequency.

Only 1 useful item
    With this new introduction, in my opinion we got only 1 useful item, the sobsitute of the chult chains.

Conclusion
    In my opinion, I think that this update came out just because you felt a bit guilty to left the player empty handed in terms of "new content".
    For the future, (that's not only my opinion) we just want more dungeon/skirmish/trials/rewardable content. We don't want a new module with a quest that we need to complete 2000 times in order to complete the campaign.

We want new dungeons. We want MORE dungeons
    edited May 2020
    BUG: Bosses at the end of the HEs keeps resetting and going back to full health
    It looks like you need to get the last hit on a mob in the rifts in order to absorb magic on the quest amulet.? This is going to be difficult for someone who is healing people in these rifts or if there are large groups in these rifts, which there will be when it goes live.

This explains why I wasn't getting any % on my amulet today.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    What’s up with this ring?

I can appreciate that a variety of bonuses and slot types is necessary, even that not everything must be or should be BiS, but...

How did a legendary ring with mixed slots and such a useless equip bonus make it out of preliminary testing? Summoning allied monsters is cool in theory, but this is, as someone else mentioned, the equivalent of a glorified At-Will on 30 second cooldown.

This game has more than enough novelty equipment.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

New dungeons are to be expected with new mods, this is not a new mod, just more lore and story to play through, with a few new items and skins. This is a preview of a new format of content release that has been talked about for months now.
  • zerappuszerappus Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    putzboy78 said:

I can't wait to hear Kali Gold talk about the heroic grind :)

I share one opinion with Kali Gold on Heroic Encounters: They get old real fast.

But to break it down: it is 1) obsolence of rewards 2) low quality.

Here's a quick look at Heroic Encounters:

Tyranny of Dragons/Rise of Tiamat: Dragon Run: Greatest of all time in NW. Classic. The rewards never get old and one of the time worn "evergreen" content. They actually updated the rewards after releasing Mod 6.

Elemental Evil zone: Crab Heroic for the Elemental Weapon. BOTTED to death. You can literally see so many bots tuck on logs and assets on the zones attempting to reach the seashore...

Underdark/Maze engine: Demonic Encounters. Classic. It was so well integrated into the game. It's still integrated up to this day with the newer Legacy Campaign.

Storm King's - The quality drops here significantly. It petered-off really fast after people got their crafting materials. (I believe new designer taking over at this stage, but correct me if I'm wrong.)

The Lonely(?)wood Heroic encounters didn't get any traction at all (Pumpkin/Giants). And no good reward either.

Sea of Moving Ice - Farmed mainly for the crafting material. Bad rewards as usual. And incredibly grindy. And this mod comes with the catastrophic Fishing system. I believe they were setting this zone as the 'fishing' evergreen area. They dropped the evergreen system after this mod!

Cloaked Ascendancy - Players farmed this for the ring so they can disassemble for AD. They removed the salvage function and nerfed the currency drop.

Chult - Trex encounter for weeklies only. The basecamp defense nobody want to run due to the length and effort is not commensurate to horrific rewards. Players were farming the rare mobs anyway with new economy it created.

Omu - Omu being really half-finished mod (hence half-quality as the great Chult Mod), they had a cave city system Heroic encounter, I never even ran it once. The Zombie Trex was ran primarily for the weekly.

Ravenloft - Skipped the mod, but I ran the BHE before I did. Again no reason to run, and hastily designed.

Undermountain - Skipped the Heroic Encounter (I don't even know what it is ) because of the reputation of the heroic encounters (low quality, no reward), I didn't want to know quite frankly.

Avernus - Back to greatness. Devil Siege Heroic Encounter is an instant-classic!! Then I discovered Juma Bags (even greater reason to run it). So to whom-it-may-concern designer of the Devil Siege, big props sir/ma'am. That was well-thought out, simple, high-quality and even inspired. The Ape encounter is mainly for farming currencies.

I don't know what's the new Heroic Encounter, but I'm anxious due to the success of the Devil Siege, to see if they can continue with the quality, focus/integration and rewards.

https://forum.arcgames.com/neverwinter/discussion/1255626/rage-of-bel-now-on-preview#