test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Enfeeblement Ray VS Disintegration?

gradiigradii Member Posts: 280 Arc User
Assuming I only take one, assuming I DONT slot in spell mastery slot, and assuming each power is allowed to do its FULL damage (that means damage over time as well) which one is MORE DPS?

Comments

• kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    I am curious to know why the example given is so constrained...

what powers would be in all the loadout slots then given your example what power would be in the spell mastery slot in your example ? without knowing that it is impossible to say which is better . aside from not knowing feats chosen either / many of other variable

you solution has no rational answer like the square root of 2 : D
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    I use icy terrain in spell mastery, and I have entangling force and steal time on non spell mastery. I'm asking about what is best for the last slot given those mentioned choices. it's designed for most (80% or more) content in the game so it has a mix of aoe and single target since almost nothing is actually single target until a few specific endgame things.
  • agoraotro#4630 agoraotro Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    That’s a weird powers setup, but if you want to go for those, ... Disintegration is obviously better than RoE in your scenario.

That’s a weird powers setup, but if you want to go for those, ... Disintegration is obviously better than RoE in your scenario.

I found a chart of wizard powers and their overall dps and it agrees, that setup is for general use, I can use something else for single target boss fights (dont even think I've done any of those outside solo quests yet lol)
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    Nearly everything outside of most boss-type encounters is full-on AoE. If you’re using Arcanist for this, consider dropping Entangling Force for Lightning Bolt.

Unfortunately, the blue space potato is utter garbage, so that leaves you with Disintegrate on Tab, Lightning Bolt, Steal Time, and Icy Terrain. Disintegrate cycles very quickly, so at least it can be used to snipe leftovers, and it has the firepower to efficiently tidy up an elite mob.

I don’t see a lot of value in Tab Icy Terrain. The best way to ensure that mobs stay in your IT is for you to be standing in it as well. Keep in mind that magnitude-per-second calculations depend on all ticks of IT hitting.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

edited May 2020
    Entangling force is needed for solo, without it I could never manage the glyphworks bosses myself. With it, they cant do anything the whole fight.

Icy terrain is on tab becuase I need it applied BEFORE the mobs start to attack me, or the buggy Steal Time will be interrupted and go on 15 second cooldown without doing anything. when they fix that, in maybe 100 years, I can put something else on tab.
    gradii said:

Entangling force is needed for solo, without it I could never manage the glyphworks bosses myself. With it, they cant do anything the whole fight.

Icy terrain is on tab becuase I need it applied BEFORE the mobs start to attack me, or the buggy Steal Time will be interrupted and go on 15 second cooldown without doing anything. when they fix that, in maybe 100 years, I can put something else on tab.

You'll reach a point where none of that is necessary. I can understand why you do it for now, but keep your options open, because you won't need to play as defensively after you've had the chance to gear up a bit more.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

vorphied said:

gradii said:

You'll reach a point where none of that is necessary. I can understand why you do it for now, but keep your options open, because you won't need to play as defensively after you've had the chance to gear up a bit more.
    Yeah once I pass the reccomended item level for content enough I know I wont need to use the tools normaly intended for a class lol, but right now in avernus I am still close to the reccomended 20k. once I can kill those guys so fast they only get a couple attacks off without CC, I wont need the CC, but for now entangling force is good damage AND its a hold so I'm keeping it
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    vorphied said:

Nearly everything outside of most boss-type encounters is full-on AoE. If you’re using Arcanist for this, consider dropping Entangling Force for Lightning Bolt.

Unfortunately, the blue space potato is utter garbage, so that leaves you with Disintegrate on Tab, Lightning Bolt, Steal Time, and Icy Terrain. Disintegrate cycles very quickly, so at least it can be used to snipe leftovers, and it has the firepower to efficiently tidy up an elite mob.

I don’t see a lot of value in Tab Icy Terrain. The best way to ensure that mobs stay in your IT is for you to be standing in it as well. Keep in mind that magnitude-per-second calculations depend on all ticks of IT hitting.

you are 100% wrong about the space potato ..masive aoe damage with no target limit proning mobs is garbage ? lol
    only steal time and shard can take burst aoe on huge/huge packs of pulled mobs in one shot with no target limit
    is it a very valuable arcane support power for the group not to get over whelmed by the zerg . and the are lots of creative combos and moves you can do with it .. lobbing it into a mob like bowling .. using it as a delayed explosive .. or casting it point blank on a large group ...

steal time with shard is an amazing combo that does syngerize and stunlocks / buys the party some time
    not to mention if your 10 stacks of arcane mastery are up ..

and there is no way in tales of old that goods Cw doing it ) x4 x 5 on super crazy hard )were not using strategically it when huge huge packs of mobs were getting pulled door to door ..cause of the need to rush and limited time .if i did not have the "potatoe slotted in it would be death / wipes for the group

the biggest weakness of the potato is the irish potato blight.
    > @kalina311 said:
    > (Quote)
    > you are 100% wrong about the space potato ..masive aoe damage with no target limit proning mobs is garbage ? lol
    > only steal time and shard can take burst aoe on huge/huge packs of pulled mobs in one shot with no target limit
    > is it a very valuable arcane support power for the group not to get over whelmed by the zerg . and the are lots of creative combos and moves you can do with it .. lobbing it into a mob like bowling .. using it as a delayed explosive .. or casting it point blank on a large group ...
    >
    > steal time with shard is an amazing combo that does syngerize and stunlocks / buys the party some time
    > not to mention if your 10 stacks of arcane mastery are up ..
    >
    > and there is no way in tales of old that goods Cw doing it ) x4 x 5 on super crazy hard )were not using strategically it when huge huge packs of mobs were getting pulled door to door ..cause of the need to rush and limited time .if i did not have the "potatoe slotted in it would be death / wipes for the group

Our experiences are different, then, because I haven’t felt the need to touch it in years. It’s slow, clunky, and does very poor damage for how much setup it requires.

Prone is an excellent form of CC, but I did many x5 runs in ToO as Wizard and never needed to use this encounter. Killing faster was much better crowd control. However, I could see the value if party DPS was low and more CC was needed.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH