test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dread ring "mini-dungeon", no enemies, no reward in the chest

xdavidep96xdavidep96 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
edited May 2020 in Bug Reports (PC)
I finished the mini-dungeon that give enchanting stone, got the reward and I got out. After few seconds, I got in again to restart but the dungeon had no enemies inside. There was no boss to kill and the chest inside was not avaible. This bug alredy happened to me 2 years ago. The problem is that the instance was empty but the game took away my key. That's exactly the same problem of 2 years ago
Post edited by xdavidep96 on

Comments

• Options
    carloswartune#5709 carloswartune Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    The key is only consumed if/when the chest is opened. You may have lost some time, but probably didn't lost a key.
  • Options
    rev#7881 rev Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    sometimes they kinda bug and you just have to leave and enter again, and as was said above you only consume a key upon opening the chest and not by entering, so you didn't waste amy key
  • Options
    Okey, there is one step that maybe I missed. When I finished the dg and got the reward, I got out and than turned back in. When I realized that there was no reward, I got out and than I tried to get in another time. When I tried this, I couldn't get in because I had no key in the inventory.
    The missing step is that I didn't check if the key was effectively gone or maybe was alredy gone the first time when I got in again in the bugged dg. I'm sorry for this mistake, but this is still a bug
  • Options
    melotai#0794 melotai Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    This happens all the time and in the River District you will lose the portal stone if you try to re-enter the same dungeon right away. As far as I know the only way to avoid this bug-like effect is to have the game load a different dungeon or campaign area before going back into the same dungeon type you just left. (Basically just clearing the games temporary buffer memory as it were!)
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    did over 40 runs (still doing). This bug happened at least other 3 times. No key wasted like you said. Just a waste of time entering and leaving
    https://imgur.com/RuLo5kp
    Written in red "Dread spire" failed
    Just got in, bugged map, and got out. This message came after
  • Options
    bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    This happens quite often, to virtually everyone who runs DR dungeons. One thing that could be causing it is if you did not pick up some loot that dropped in your last run. Coins, gems, onyx...anything. The game seems to give extra time, even if the dungeon has no player in it, if there is still some loot within that has dropped but not been claimed.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    I have just done 12 runs. The empty dungeon happened 4 times. When I did not see the 3 amigo after the first door, I just went out to where I came from to do that again. I don't think that has anything to do with the loot on the floor. I pick up everything. It is just timing.

For me, there are only 3 battles. The 3 amigo, the 6 guards before going into dungeon and the final room. Everything was picked in that 3 battle grounds.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    If you jump back in too soon you're just "Return to Instance"ing. Best to give it a little time to cool down.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    They heard you were coming and ran for their lives.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Whatever causes it, it isn't time. I and other people have used the signpost to go back to start of DR, turned in quests, made gauntlets, etc... and rode all the way back to the door only to have it bug. Once I even had a character who had logged out after killing the boss and looting the chest. Coming back to that character an hour later, the instance still hadn't closed and yet the boss respawned. The chest didn't work after I killed the boss a second time, though.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    There may be different type of similar issue. For my cases (Phantasmal Fortress), they were pretty obvious. The first 3 amigo were not there to greet me. I could see that without moving a step. I just needed to go back through the entrance door. I did not check the other area.

For my cases, I think it is 'time' because I intentionally got in as fast as I could to see if I could trigger it.
    I also wanted to do that fast. Each trip took 2.5 minutes and I wanted to do 12 times. I wanted to get that done fast.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Apart from logging back into a respawned boss, my encounters with the bug have always been PF and with the three portal guards not being there.

There is another bug relative to Phantasmal Fortress. Back when I used to run it with a friend a lot, if we didn't enter at the same time and the boss died before you loaded into the main building, the portal and door would be inactive and trap you.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother