test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Suggestion: Own channel for guild recruit

akuarmotonakuarmoton Member Posts: 28 Arc User
Please add an official channel for guild recruiting ingame, which can be toggled on/off like any other channel. This way people already in guilds don't have to see them, and it would lessen the spam in zone chat.

Comments

• zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    I just added 3 characters in order to have all 8 classes. While leveling them I used PE zone chat that I was looking for a guild for leveling characters. 1 got accepted into a rank 20 guild. The other 2 got accepted into rank 1 guilds. There is such a disparity for new players like this. It would be easy to get those "2" into a high rank guild to get the power/defense/experience boost, but that is not my point. My point is that we should find a way to enable new guild character boons.

Who in their right mind would keep a main in a level 1 guild, spend over a year and resources with no benefit?

Possible Suggestion:
    Give all guild boons inherently to all guilds at half power by default. The other half of the boon power would be available by ranking the current way. This way... a level 1 guild has access to up to 4,000 power boost. A level 20 guild would have access to up to 8,000 power boost with the proper structures built.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,090 Arc User
    Hate to tell you, but zone chat is a catchall and adding a channel specifically for guild recruiting, you'll still get those calls in zone. Why? Because people don't stick to the "official" channels when they want to call out.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • yopukoyopuko Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    Personally, while I do agree that there is a lot of spam in Protectors Enclave; creating a "guild recruit" specific channel wouldn't fix that. Unfortunately recruiters would likely still spam their recruitment message in zone/lfg/trade channels. They'll want as many people as possible to see their message.

A good strategy towards fixing spam (not just guild recruitment) would be to add cooldowns for each public channel. I play another MMO that has this and it works perfectly. It greatly reduces spam, discourages carried conversations / trolling (impossible to hold a public convo with a 40 sec cooldown), and also makes it so your message can actually be seen without immediately disappearing in a wave of spam.

That's my 2 cents anyway
    Discord - Enyolius | IGN - Enyo @ Yopuko (NWPC)
    Only problem there is that there are some fun ongoing conversations that can and do occur in zone chat. Being that this is a game it is supposed to be fun.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • yopukoyopuko Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    That's fair. So maybe it would be more productive to keep a channel open for general discussion; ie zone chat. Or to have a lesser cooldown for zone chat - say maybe 10 seconds instead of 40. That way you cut off people who literally send the same message 5 times in a row within like... 3 seconds. But it still makes general conversation possible.

However, that still wouldn't eliminate guild recruitment. People will always spam guild recruitment in every channel possible. That's just not something you can get rid of.
    Discord - Enyolius | IGN - Enyo @ Yopuko (NWPC)
  • akuarmotonakuarmoton Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Well, I'm an officer in our guild and I really hate to use zone chat for guild recruit message I use. Yes, there will always be people who don't give a damn how others feel/think, but you might be surprised how many actually do care.

Also, adding this feature wouldn't take anything away from the game, and therefore I think it would be nice to have.
    yopuko said:

That's fair. So maybe it would be more productive to keep a channel open for general discussion; ie zone chat. Or to have a lesser cooldown for zone chat - say maybe 10 seconds instead of 40. That way you cut off people who literally send the same message 5 times in a row within like... 3 seconds. But it still makes general conversation possible.

However, that still wouldn't eliminate guild recruitment. People will always spam guild recruitment in every channel possible. That's just not something you can get rid of.

There is a "Report Spam" option. It also places the offender on your ignore list.