test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Profession Levels

sal#8605 sal Member Posts: 7 Arc User
Is level 80 the highest Profession Level since Neverwinter added the workshop?

For example, a Jewelcrafting Cobat File +1 that you can craft will have 575 proficiency and 575 focus. I've seen on Gamepedia website if you have the Wonders of Gond (Maxed) artifact you can get as high as 600P/600F, but I can't seem to find anything that confirms that. It also talked about Masterwork tools as well but I was under the impression that when the workshop was created Masterwork stuff went away.

If this is the case, how do you get your proficiency to 1050, and Focus to 1126 to craft items like a Cobalt File or Regalis Needle? Even with a Cobat File +1 itself you can't get your Proficiency and Focus to 100%, and I'm trying to figure out how you do especially if you are trying to craft other tools for you professions.
Post edited by sal#8605 on

Comments

• Options
    zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    sal#8605 said:

Is level 80 the highest Profession Level since Neverwinter added the workshop?

For example, a Jewelcrafting Cobat File +1 that you can craft will have 575 proficiency and 575 focus. I've seen on Gamepedia website if you have the Wonders of Gond (Maxed) artifact you can get as high as 600P/600F, but I can't seem to find anything that confirms that. It also talked about Masterwork tools as well but I was under the impression that when the workshop was created Masterwork stuff went away.

If this is the case, how do you get your proficiency to 1050, and Focus to 1126 to craft items like a Cobalt File or Regalis Needle? Even with a Cobat File +1 itself you can't get your Proficiency and Focus to 100%, and I'm trying to figure out how you do especially if you are trying to craft other tools for you professions.

First, Masterworks did not go away, it may not be as useful and profitable as it once was, but it still can be useful for some of us.

As for boosting your stats, it is not intended that you hit the 100% on high value items. They want a chance to fail on those, but you can get close. They built the system with a target of about 75%. but with the increase to level 80 came a change. With certain workers at level 80 you can get one of those numbers to 450 and with a +1 tool at 575 that's 1025. There are potions, both craftable in alchemy and in the Zen store that can boost focus and prof. The Wintergreen ones are not expensive to craft.

Edit: Forgot to confirm. A fully upgraded Forgehammer of Gond does provide a single 600/600 tool that can be used in any profession except Gathering.
  • Options
    sal#8605 sal Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Thanks for that information. I've never done anything with Masterworks professions before. How do you get that quest and is it worth doing? Based on your response it seems like one of those take it or leave it options.

Based on the event calendar the Wonders of Gond comes around twice a year, correct? How long does it take to get the Forgehammer of Gond?
  • Options
    zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    sal#8605 said:

Thanks for that information. I've never done anything with Masterworks professions before. How do you get that quest and is it worth doing? Based on your response it seems like one of those take it or leave it options.

Based on the event calendar the Wonders of Gond comes around twice a year, correct? How long does it take to get the Forgehammer of Gond?

To start masterworks you must be in a guild to get the quest and the guild must be a certain level, 12 maybe? And preferably with an Explorer's guild/boon structure. My guild meets those needs and we have several MW crafters who are willing to help with difficult items, look for one like that if yours does not and you want MW over the current benefits you get from your guild.

If you want to do it, you should start soon. It WILL be expensive. The next upgrade to masterworks is coming this fall, Octoberish. On my main I have all skills at MW5, but I did it back in the day when level 70 was max. One of the reasons I can't remember Guild level needed, plus I think it changed at least once.

Wonnders of Gond has only been happening once a year for the past few years, in the late winter. That is one of the best times to try to get one or buy one since the price drops. But, Summer Festival (Sahha) and Winter Festival (for Gifts) have been dropping the Forgehammer and a corresponding price drop in AH. *** With the new tools, you do not need a Forgehammer
    with the current tasks*** That might change in October, but for now the +1 crafted tools are cheap and work fine.