test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bugged Tales of Old loads playing into PE

slam#7426 slam Member Posts: 8 Arc User
Every dungeon in tales in bugged in some way. The worst is the Dread Ring one. There are no timers or lives and you can only do 3 runs for 10 coins before the timer runs out. What’s more, people are constantly getting disconnected with Cryptic crashes and instead of loading them back into the dungeon, they stupidly get loaded into Protecter’s Enclave so the entire team gets nothing after hours of grinding. This isn’t a challenge. This is asking ppl to stop playing

Comments

• lordnagy#1603 lordnagy Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    Dread Vault is a recurring problem. You’d think they’d take an hour or two devoted to fixing an “event,”

You can bet if there were 30 lives and timers in there that sh*t would get fixed in a heartbeat
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    slam#7426 said:

Every dungeon in tales in bugged in some way. The worst is the Dread Ring one. There are no timers or lives and you can only do 3 runs for 10 coins before the timer runs out. What’s more, people are constantly getting disconnected with Cryptic crashes and instead of loading them back into the dungeon, they stupidly get loaded into Protecter’s Enclave so the entire team gets nothing after hours of grinding. This isn’t a challenge. This is asking ppl to stop playing

maybe you/ your group can only do 3 runs before time runs out ... there ARE super / random hidden time and lives in every dungeon some.. more some less

it is quite possible x 5 if the group is "good' enough and can pull/survive enough mobs door to door

you get into situations where certain player moment rates are faster then others and the group does not adjust/wait they get separated and wipe .. if a character cant keep up with a group and they rely on a character not to die or tank or heals ,then invest in movement (scrolls of movement / potions of speed / mount insignia bonuses )

csadly sometimes the party does not wait zergs dies and then blames the player ..and it could be a players fault if thier character can barely keep up with the required zerg due very slow movement speed / low time available

I would not expect a 20k item level character to do it x 5 without getting carried tho
    even tho they say its for min item level 16000k-20000k yes maybe for 1 or 2 runs not for 5

you also run out of time when the entire party are slow pokes / stick together/ dont die but and have not invested in any movement and then complain cause there is no "time" left to do it x 4 x 5 cause they preserved all thier lives and were too careful at the expense of time
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    About the loading-into-PE ... I just died a sec before the team killed boss, we were all transported outside, but I was dead... getting back up loaded me back into tales, last campfire of course, but with no way to go (stuck on both sides when in party) so party left, got their coins.. I progressed back into boss room, crawled over the carcass, loaded into PE with no coins :)
    So yes, I shouldn't have had a last sec death, maybe tried around or faster on the scroll :D but still: happy feels :)

You can, if you are very lucky, load back into tales after a dc, but there seems to be a very small timeframe to do so.
    I just pray I don't dc..
    But, yeah, another tales that I thankfully didn't invest too much time in.
    - bye bye -