test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Warlock still the weakest class, please do something developers.

mmarius98mmarius98 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited April 2020 in The Nine Hells
This message it.s for you developers guys, i am a warlock player who spend a lot of money and time on this caracter since from the beginning like a dps. It.s not normal after all that to be the weakest class in this game. The warlock is not “viable” to play the latest dungeons like TOMM and INFERNAL CITADEL, what should i do? To spend money on another caracter because i cand’t transfer on it even my pet ? I think i am gonna delete that game, because i am waiting for 1 year for a change but i am dissapointed on every mode 16, 17, 18.....You guys don’t care about players, it.s all about money for you.

Warlock name: Guyton

Comments

• nic1985nic1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 415 Arc User
    I agree with @hrakh the SWs that I know put up very respectable damages in LoMM/ToMM/IC, usually top three dps and sometime #1 dps.

There are some bugs with the SW that still need to be fix but the class is viable and I know those that main a SW enjoy the class very much.
  • mongol69mongol69 Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    It's viable as dps in ic, but I wouldn't exactly call it respectable in single target.

Exact same stats, gear, etc. setup as my cw. Cw still does about 30% more damage unless you have 3 more warlocks in tomm with cd. As for ic, it's decent compared to my cw because of aoe damage, but my cw still pulls about 10% more damage in the end.

Warlocks still need a rework tbh. Cw can still pulls over 150 mag per second more damage in single target at endgame. Pretty significant diffrence
  • comanchejack#9781 comanchejack Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    I'm looking to start a room on Xbox One. I favor a Swiss Army Knife Class like a Troll Shaman on the original EverQuest. A character that can buff, do dps casting, tank a little if required, has a combat pet. Can siphon his own health to replenish Mana as opposed to just having to meditate. Is there a character like that? Like a race of Ranger that gets Regen and can tank but also has a combat pet and a heal spell? Or the Warlock that is show with a winged pet that can regenerate Mana and health and has a race that can survive hand to hand / sword to sword combat? Any character that can regen health, has a healing spell, a combat pet, useful magic buffs and dps and has a race that can not fight like a warrior but not die if a mob sneezes at it? Any help please?
  • micheal1979micheal1979 Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    I have to agree warlock does fine in IC and ToMM. It's likely a lack of rotation knowledge or build. Possible your using aoe spells for boss fights and what not. All classes are viable end game right now, more about the player and less about the class.
    We Are Crolm
    Believer in SMASH
    Fairplay,no bots , no bugs, and play well
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnN0Yofs-Scv1nd8U_bSYLA/featured
  • pyrosorcererpyrosorcerer Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 137 Arc User
    I still run my warlock as my only toon, and I like it still. I can do all content both on dps spec and on heal spec perfectly fine.
  • dman1#8517 dman1 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have played Neverwinter for six years now and they were relivent back then at least you would gett invited to rune curennt game content now i can not get inv to tomm ever and if i do im last in dps by 20 or 30 mill and my sw is capped stats 27.5 k 200k power and i get out dps 'ed buy every dps class i have bis equipment i can run ic but still always last dps buy 30 mill or more lol and to get the lion guard wepons you have to complete TOMM witch are BIS by far !!! i have ran more then sixty time and still have never completed it been to phase 4....2 times failed both times no one wants Sw for completing Tomm to low dps and if you do get to 3 or 4 phase end up failing becuse of a number of reasons from mistaks by people Server lag or people thst dont no mech but in the end if the tank is good heals are on point they look a dps and the sw on the bottom if on the dps cart at all telling everyone that sw just dont have dps it's bull the sw is a fun class but it needs a buff no other class does as we have become the class that can run content if no "TR's" or "CW's" or " HR," are around "lol" you get the point its's not fair to the people that chose a sw and run all same gear enchants ext" and do half the dps!! "Frustrating to say the least" And the sw soul weaver once agine sw last place compared to OP's and DC's way better buffs and heals for any end game dungeon tril whatever lol but i wont even gett into that right now i just wontt to have a class thats relavant to game content please someone in Arc or perfect world who ever bring the joy & pride of being a relivent dps and heals in Neverwinter please.
  • darkzod#9528 darkzod Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    I have the feeling that they don't want to improve the warlock at all. They are bad DD compared to TR and HR. Even the creeping death has worsened again. I wish that the warlock would be a top class, but I'm slowly giving up.
  • mongol69mongol69 Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    Creeping death needed fixing. Let's not forget it was repeatedly reported broken and completely nonfunctional back in mod 16 preview but not addressed untill a few patches back. It shouldnt be relied on being broken to normalize damage compared to other classes either. Just hopefull that the promise of rework in mod 19 will actually happen since were now 3 mods in still dealing with core mechanic issues to the class as a whole.
  • kakashi#4477 kakashi Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    ic lomm we can with alot of effort we can keep up but Tomm or boss fights against big tr's cw's forget it and if u think differently the tr's cw's youv'e run with arent big full stop...So i built a heal 64% outgoing 230k crit with 180k power decent numbers ..had hoped ..silly me to think the heal role cant be as bad as dps is against other classes....rip
  • giz#2086 giz Member Posts: 190 Arc User

I have the feeling that they don't want to improve the warlock at all. They are bad DD compared to TR and HR. Even the creeping death has worsened again. I wish that the warlock would be a top class, but I'm slowly giving up.

They don't want Warlock to be an optimal DPS class, i have a feeling about the Mod 19 Hellbringer rework, and my fear is that they want us to be a support DPS, not a DPS like any other DPS path (Arcanist, Warden, Assassin, etc). DPS Warlock have no place in the game.
  • orland1norland1n Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Warlock are very playable class, but have very bugs and power delay to fix !!
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    Been holding my tongue in the recent conversations until I had the opportunity to be running ToMM on my Warlock, and I have to comment that many of the complaints regarding DPS are still somewhat overblown.

The damage isn't on par with the likes of Rogue, Wizard, or especially Arbiter, but it isn't horrible like some say. The skill floor is higher and the ceiling a bit lower, but it's far from weak.

- I feel like the Warlock community has been saying this for a long time now, but it's still true: Risky Investment needs fixing. It's a core DPS mechanic for single-target and is too unstable. The duration is short enough to guarantee complete loss during some boss phase changes, and building it back from 0 is a slog due to the limited number of methods we can generate Soul Investiture stacks.

- If I didn't also play Wizard, I might have the gall to complain about AoE and the setup required, but Wizard AoE makes Warlock AoE look fast and amazing.

- The Puppet is still a boring tag-a-long and a missed opportunity to make Warlock more interesting.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• giz#2086 giz Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    Warlock isn't good enough. Cleric, Wizard, Rogue are better for ST, Barbarian, Ranger are better for AoE. Ranger, Rogue, are good overall. Warlock isn't needed and the community knows that it's the weakest class in the game. It's something that it's like a stigma for Warlocks. Mods and mods and nobody wants a Hellbringer in their parties, it's a class condemned to be carried. Always there's a better class to fill the DPS spot.
  • pyrosorcererpyrosorcerer Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    @vorphied at least someone gets it in the midst of this overdramatic forum section xD
  • frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    Dust to Dust continues to feel like a bad, arranged marriage, and Infernal Spheres is like being forced into a simultaneous marriage with Dust to Dust's cousin. I actually liked Infernal Spheres before the big change - just wanted the bugs fixed. Now I don't even want to use it all.

I'm not complaining about dps. I'm irritated by the increasing lack of decent choices.

Neverwinter's turning into a Ben and Jerry's gone backwards - where you start with dozens of flavors but scale back after scale back eventually leaves you with just vanilla.