test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tales Of Old

Hello, I recently tried to complete the first day of tales on my Ranger I completed the dungeon right at reset and rushed to turn in the quest. The reset happened before I could turn in the quest. Later on I joined a group with my friends to do the second tales dungeon and it would not let us in. It was telling me to complete the quest”Tell A Story” so I left the group and they went on without me. Pls help me I really want the artifacts for my ranger I’ve missed out on the tokens everyday since release please help I tried to put in a ticket and they sent me here I have no where to go my only idea is to wait until the first days dungeon comes back around to turn in quest but I will miss out on token until then :(

Comments

• johnnystranger#5900 johnnystranger Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    Did you go talk to nipsey in protector’s enclave after you finished your first tale run ? He completes your first run and gives you your rewards . You have to exit the area you respawn in after each run .
  • ofee#8556 ofee Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Yes I’ve done it on 6 other characters before this one, I left through the portal and when I went back to nipsey it wouldn’t let me turn in the quest because the next dungeon had started already :(
    The tales reset happened just as I was going down to the event area to turn the quest back in
  • jaykay17jaykay17 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Hi there,
    you still get no extra-time or extra-lives on this instance, so its impossible to do more than 3 runs, just as last time as Tales of Old were up.
    Its no viable this way, please do something about this or remove this instance from tales of old.

Yours J
  • duckie#5377 duckie Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    Jesus wept, lets build worlds together? This bug was reported last time the event ran and still hasn't been fixed. Only this time we run the risk of the frequent blue screen crash in any one of the 4 dungeons, which returns the player to Protectors and kills the run.
  • lordnagy#1603 lordnagy Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    Yes, thanks for putting out Tales without a Dread Vault fix...even though this was reported during the last event...

Do you all purposely try to p1ss off your customer base with this shoddiness?

CUSTOMER SERVICE...LEARN IT!
  • johnnystranger#5900 johnnystranger Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    OK then you probably had already reached your maximum for the day which is 45 so you would have to wait till the next day to turn it in right away and then your max for that day as well. At least this is what I’m thinking happened
  • nottoday79#2281 nottoday79 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I had to run it for HOURS yesterday. First to cap myself, then bc I had a grp asking for help. I finally called “uncle” at a quarter to 2 am, and the rest of the team had to quit after I left because their other healer blue screened & it kicked him out of the dungeon (which also happened to me on day 1, run 4). The entire team left, AFTER 2 am, ALL of them missing a measly 1-5 coins to cap and losing a day’s credit towards their fabled chapter. This really upset me, bc this was a grp of very determined newbies that worked their tail off to try and cap for the day, and they deserved better.
  • joe7777joe7777 Member Posts: 509 Arc User

Yes, thanks for putting out Tales without a Dread Vault fix...even though this was reported during the last event...

Do you all purposely try to p1ss off your customer base with this shoddiness?

CUSTOMER SERVICE...LEARN IT!

Technically we play this particular content completely free so we aren't "customers" in THIS regard.
    It was the first day and I had only done 1 round of tales ever on that character
  • rey007#5400 rey007 Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    Our group had a similar issue with our Dread Vault run and only made it to the third tier. We didn't see any extra time or extra lives "power-ups/icons" throughout the dungeon. We had about twelve minutes to spare and we decided to play it safe and leave after the third run.
    - Rey

- in umbra igitur pugnabimus!
  • pobanz#3622 pobanz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I have the same problem and cannot join a new dungeon.
  • aquo#1122 aquo Member Posts: 2 New User
    Have lost numerous coins due to bugs on tales dungeon.
    - dungeon resets mid run and you're screwed, no coins
    - after finishing run the end portal doesn't come up even after speaking with the npc, no coins
    - at the start of dungeon run you just fall through the map for ages, with some luck you might get back to the map and join the run
    - after killing finals boss you can't exit the map, maybe has something to do with dungeon reset
    -did I miss something...
  • aquo#1122 aquo Member Posts: 2 New User
    And support answered they will not provide any missed out coins due to bug related issues. Recommended posting here so we can feel sorry for each other together :astonished:
    Upon the request of Alliance leadership, since I ran with so many groups attempting the help with daily caps, I have gathered feedback to post all of the bugs my teams & I have encountered. This is the collective list from the Alliance thus far:

1. Dread Vault only occasionally spawns a single power up at the beginning of the dungeon. No other power ups are available throughout the entire dungeon, and while I’m sure there may be a few out there, no group has successfully completed a 5-Tale run.

2. Blue screens & server failures will completely kick a team member out of the dungeon, unless they are magically able to load back in within 10-20 sec. Random queues generally allow players back in, even if they’ve blue screened (a common problem that has resurfaced), and while ME’s do kick players, it has a much longer time before ejection (~60 sec)

3. Random dungeon ejections for no discernible cause. This happened approximately half a dozen times, and I’ve run it with several different groups trying to help them cap out.

4. Having an unressurected death on the board upon dungeon completion can cause the team to lose TWO lives: the first when the team member dies during the final boss fight and the second when the party spawns into Nipsy’s transition instance.

5. If a party member dies on the final boss of the final run and either resurrects too late or releases from the death, THE ENTIRE PARTY does not receive credit for the run. Resurrecting after the final boss completes will cause the fallen party member to resurrect within the empty dungeon with no means to return to leave. They have no way to teleport to meet the rest of the party with Nipsey & must use a signpost (or teleport scroll) to exit the instance (or abandon the instance, but the players I’m discussing here all had the VIP signpost). All dungeons but the Dragon will end before any of the boss drops (seals, gear, etc) can be collected, and if the party clicks on the cube in the dragon dungeon before the fallen party member resurrects, the same thing happens.

6. The scoreboard with deaths & time in dungeon only shows up for the dragon dungeon. The other dungeons do not display both time AND lives remaining. If you were cutting the run close because of a weaker party member, e.g., you would need accurate information to decide whether to continue the run.

7. Death sometimes spawns you back at the very first campfire in the dungeon.

I will likely refuse to run this event again unless many of these game-breaking issues have been resolved. I didn’t want to run it as much as I have, but I try to help our guildies whenever they ask because (IMHO) that is why one joins a guild in the first place. As I mentioned in a previous post, there were several groups of very determined, hard-working people that had heart-braking losses because the game basically cheated them. They deserved better than that.
    One forgotten issue:

7. You do NOT want to be in the dungeon when the dungeon changes for the day. You do not get any credit for any of the runs you completed prior to the reset.
  • joet#4510 joet Member Posts: 1 New User
    This thing is full of bugs. The shard server sucks and I am getting multi disconnects a day. The flayed run you can't complete due to time and no extenders. This was the same problem the last time and was never fixed. I like the content but have lost interest because of the problems. The main problem is the disconnect issue. With this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> server you should make it possible to rejoin your group if you disconnect...... you will. I have lost 135 coins due to this. I finished the run (round 5) and DCed. Got nothing. Restarted and it happened again. Complete waste of 2+ hours.