test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tales of Old reset at 1:00pm Eastern

nephridil#8530 nephridil Member Posts: 43 Arc User
In the midst of our 5th run the dungeon underwent some kind of reset at 1:00 Eastern time. The 5th run debuffs disappeared, the timer disappeared, lives tracker disappeared. It was just a dungeon run. We lost over 2 hours of effort and earned value on Coins. Not cool.

Comments

• emese#4731 emese Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    Same happened to us. We were on the fifth run with 45 min left on timer and 13 life to spare... and the dungeon reset after 2 min to after we enterd. For me it was 12 CST time. In any case we did not get the rewards and that really sucks after spending almost 2 hrs there. Please FIX IT!!!!!!!
  • bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    Its not a bug, the dungeon changed for the day. Everyday at 10am pdt the server updates to the next day.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,211 Arc User
    Although it is not a bug, they could do better. Once, they went in, it should be counted for whatever was promised.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    They could do better, but they do not want. It is like with the DC kick, both intentional design, custom-tailored for this event.

You might argue if it is a good choice, you can disagree, but that is about all you can do against it.
  • carloswartune#5709 carloswartune Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    rikitaki said:

They could do better, but they do not want. It is like with the DC kick, both intentional design, custom-tailored for this event.

You might argue if it is a good choice, you can disagree, but that is about all you can do against it.

The DC kick is not intentional nor "custom-tailored for this event". It's a plain and simple bug. Anyone with a bit of common sense would know that, but here's official clarification if needed, from the last time The Grand Retelling was live: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1252558/tales-of-old-reported-concerns

I don't think this reset problem is intentional either. Maybe @nitocris83 can help us here.
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    I figured it would reset every 24 hours. If it reset at the same time as the rest of the server we'd only have 17 hours with the first tale.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,211 Arc User
    reg1981 said:

I figured it would reset every 24 hours. If it reset at the same time as the rest of the server we'd only have 17 hours with the first tale.

If it is 24 hours, it would be very confusing because each party member would have a different 24 hours. Most people would not write down the exact time they did the last quest. At least, a fixed cut off time is easier to remember.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    @carloswartune OK. I was confused as this was attitude was introduced in TOO, then it spread to the ME - where was the kick effect after the adverse reaction removed. As they did not remove it from TOO as well, I guessed they wanted it this way.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    reg1981 said:

Events start at 10 AM Pacific and resets daily at that time until it ends.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.