test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

broke alpha compy

johnalansimmonsjohnalansimmons Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 33 Arc User
the lastest patch broke the alpha compy, it now gives no power

Comments

• nl54#3191 nl54 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    I was just about to make this post. The Compy is useless now. I don't understand how things that they didn't tweek (at least according to patch notes) keep breaking.
    Ninurta - 16.1k Half-Orc GWF

Ereshkigal - 12k Tiefling SW

Aurora Ravensong - 11.6k Drow CW
  • bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    Same coming here to make this post. Compy gives NOTHING!!!!
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    Sounds like a regression. Did a dev not update his codebase from SVN before checking in?
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • sekosek#5740 sekosek Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    Seems like devs are changing stuff with percentage power or other stats. First about Mighty Vitality (Barbarian Class Feature), now compy and tooltips of foods like Watermelon Sorbet or Caprese. And tank bonus 40% hp now works for guild boon and companions. They did not mention any of these in patch notes, these changes might be for the upcoming scaling rework.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    So, there was a 2GB patch but no patch note. Sigh!
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    hustin1 said:

Sounds like a regression. Did a dev not update his codebase from SVN before checking in?

I hope they use some sort of Git :# Definetly sounds like regression though. No clue what they are doing :#
    Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression
  • carloswartune#5709 carloswartune Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    hastati96 said:

hustin1 said:

I hope they use some sort of Git :# Definetly sounds like regression though. No clue what they are doing :#
    Given the number of old bugs coming back every now and then, Cryptic is probably using a version control system most CS students learn in college: Google Drive and bunch of folders named MOD_18_V1, MOD_18_V2, MOD_18_V2_FINAL, MOD_18_V2_FINAL2.
  • johnalansimmonsjohnalansimmons Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 33 Arc User
    I submitted a ticket and got this reply and well, that was the 1st thing I did, see above.

Hello johnalansimmons,

Based on the information you supplied it looks like the issue is the result of a bug and while I don't have a fix for you, I'll gather the details that you've given to me and pass them on for further investigation. Something else you may want to do is post about this issue on the official bug reports forum: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/categories/bug-reports-pc

Thank you for your understanding in this matter.

Regards,
    GM Chancellor Knuckles
    Senior Game Master
  • popaxpopax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6 Arc User
    same issue here
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    I just spent a fortune for one like a week ago!
  • kailin#9913 kailin Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I'm having the same issue. Compy gives 0 Power after the recent patch!!
  • pskittenpskitten Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    Hopefully this is fixed soon -- seeing A LOT of people struggling due to it being broke.

Guess I'll hold off a lil longer on obtaining it myself since it's broken at the moment. :/
  • bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    Please don't make us wait 6 months for a fix to this again, they just got working properly.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2020
    Issue escalated.

Issue has been fixed internally and we hope to have it out in an upcoming patch.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    So, 6 months or so out...
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.