test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Multiple Healers in Random Epic Dungeon Queue

nuh5000nuh5000 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
My group of 4 was queued for the REDQ, missing only a healer. We waited for about 10 minutes with no pops. So one of us (me) decided to go on a healer, when I'm only doing the queue for Seals of the Fallen.

So I relog, and queue and we end up in a group with 2 healers (myself and the random person).

Why is this still happening 4 weeks after mod 18 dropped and introduced this bug!

Comments

• nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    The team continues to investigate this issue. Thank you for the update!
  • newnickunregisterednewnickunregistered Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    I think this might be happening when the tank queues with a healer & somehow the game does not check this healer is a healer and fills the party with another healer.
  • nuh5000nuh5000 Member Posts: 18 Arc User

I think this might be happening when the tank queues with a healer & somehow the game does not check this healer is a healer and fills the party with another healer.

It happened again twice last night.
    Both times, I as a cleric in devout build, was the Queue Group leader.

First time was a REDQ, I was in a group of 3, and was teamed with a devout cleric and a ranger, who appeared to have queued together.
    We got Cragmire Crypts, and we soldiered on, and made it through with 2 healers.

Second time was not a REDQ, but queued specifically for Tomb of the Nine Gods.
    I was in a group of 4, and was teamed with a different devout cleric.
    The other healer immediately quit (and presumably took a lockout penalty) a few seconds after loading the map.

• melotai#0794 melotai Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    For the "second time" part that other healer was most likely my DC as I solo queued for REQ with her because the bonus rAD was lit for the healer and I was trying to do it quickly instead waiting with one of my DPS ones. I quit the instance as soon as I saw that there was another healer present. My only presumption for quitting the instance in this case was that you do not need two healers and that my leaving will immediately solve the problem. (at least for me anyway)

The lockout penalty for randoms means nothing to me so I always abandon the obvious problem ones, ravenloft (never done it, never made it past the sisters and at this point why bother) and manycoins (not fun for me).
    edited March 2020
    I understand it perfectly, I had to do 5 minutes of a run in lomm on my paladin healer once, just so I could get myself kicked from the group (5 mins beats 30 mins). There was 2 healers there too, and the other healer was with their guild and a lot more capable of completing it than my solo-queued ungeared paladin.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    Seems you can change your loadout now after you enter the queue. Don't know if that can cause the queue to make a improper group when someone does this.
  • odesa109odesa109 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    BTW multiple tanks is a possibility as well
  • newnickunregisterednewnickunregistered Member Posts: 106 Arc User

Seems you can change your loadout now after you enter the queue. Don't know if that can cause the queue to make a improper group when someone does this.

You're still in queue with the loadout you enter it with, when I queue on cleric as healer and then switch to dps to run stuff, I always get swapped to healer loadout when porting into the queue instance.

• rev#7881 rev Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    yeah happened sometimes when i played on my SW, its happens when you q as a healer and then change to dps efore the q pops
  • salidor#0795 salidor Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    still happens and this time 3 times from 5 redq (that were all lomm gread rnd) u ever want to fix this ?
  • liadan1984#8734 liadan1984 Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    Have seen multiple tanks too.
    I try to queue with full alliance groups wherever possible in REDQ to avoid this from happening.
    Lia
    Co-Guild Leader
    Ghost Templars L20
    Alliance: Tyrs Paladium
    Main: Cleric (Heals|DPS)
    Alt: Warlock
    This is definitely caused by someone who queues as a DPS, then while in the queue changes to a healer.

Changing loadout should be prevented while in a queue, but it currently isn't.
  • sagakaiyume#0847 sagakaiyume Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    Myself and a friend having been que-ing rtq together daily over the last 2 week. I always que on my pally healer, her on her DC healer. We always get a third healer in the rtq. Sometimes it replaces 1 tank, sometimes its 2 tanks and 3 healers. So, this is easily replicated by having two healers que together there. As for REDQ, I've seen 2 healers and 2 tanks happen for many dungeons, not sure what causes or how to replicate it.
  • carloswartune#5709 carloswartune Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    nuh5000 said:

This is definitely caused by someone who queues as a DPS, then while in the queue changes to a healer.

Changing loadout should be prevented while in a queue, but it currently isn't.

Is it, tho? Because since M16 went live I could queue as a healer and change to DPS to complete quests while waiting. The system changed me back to healer when the dungeon loaded (this still happens AFAIK) and it worked fine. I think this "2 healers" problem started with M18.

Is it, tho? Because since M16 went live I could queue as a healer and change to DPS to complete quests while waiting. The system changed me back to healer when the dungeon loaded (this still happens AFAIK) and it worked fine. I think this "2 healers" problem started with M18.

I remember not being able to change after joining a queue in M16. Maybe I'm mistaken.

It may still work for queuing as a healer, then swapping to DPS, it swaps you back to a healer.
    It may not work when queuing as a DPS, then swapping to healer.

When I've joined random queues, and found myself as a second healer, I ask the other healer if this is what they had done, and every time it has been so.

• salidor#0795 salidor Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    two months have gone any updates its ANNOING to have 2 healers in Lomm or 3 Tanks and 3 Healers in Svardborg. And then have to wait 5 till 15 minutes to get out of this ***