test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Devil's Hold Vault Character Stuck

kingurz#9680 kingurz Member Posts: 7 Arc User
edited February 2020 in Bug Reports (PC)
If you die to the last five enemies in the Devil's Hold vault, your character is unable to complete the quest.

When you are "escaping the vault" the door to the exit shuts and you are required to defeat the last five enemies. If you die to these enemies, you are put back at the vault altar, but the door is still shut and the last five enemies are on the other side of the door, with no way of the opening the door. Leaving the dungeon does not reset the quest. Re-entering the vault picks up the same exact spot (unable to complete the quest).

Changing characters or logging completely out is the only way to reset the dungeon (requires player to redo the entire dungeon).

Comments

• Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    No reply for 2 months... :disappointed:

Is this ever to be fixed? Working as intended?

Once again, if you party wipe on the last mob, game over?
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    um4dsniqez#4598 um4dsniqez Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    It happened with me just now and I’m not sure if they will patch this glitch, it’s kind of dumb how they patch a mount pack glitch but not a actual game glitch that affects a quest
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Mount packs can impact sales. Therefore they are a "priority".
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    melotai#0794 melotai Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    Just did that this morning and was able to reset it by doing the glyphworks one nearby. My solution for the second time around was not to do it solo with my under-powered CW.
  • Options

Just did that this morning and was able to reset it by doing the glyphworks one nearby. My solution for the second time around was not to do it solo with my under-powered CW.

Reset? How exactly would you reset it? No. You are stuck until you leave and lose all progress made. Doing something else doesn't make it better. All the buffs you spent, time, and effort, the first time through, are just wasted. Even if you are in a team, losing at this point should have a respawn back to the artifact cage. Any amateur Foundry author would do that much for you. I expect better from Cryptic.

@greywynd I agree, it only matters when it gets between money and sales. I don't expect much more than @nitocris83 to pop in here and tell us it is being looked into and then Cryptic will wait for this thread to dissolve like so many others.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Issue was escalated when it was initially reported in February and it went into the investigation phase. I will circle back and see if the team was able to repro the issue or where they are in the investigation process.
  • Options
    Today, I figured out a work around on this but this is still not a fix. I ran this solo with my cleric. You have fast moving character with a companion who can distract. At the doorway get the last mobs attention. Lead them to the artifact vault then dash back to the door and open it. This will get you the quest completion without killing the last mob.

If you are in a party have one player wait for the mob to be lured away by the party. While they are distracted the free player can open the door. Killing the last mob at that point is optional.

Simple solution for this is another rest area just outside the artifact cage or in a corner. Just saying from my experience with the Foundry, this is a quick simple fix and you will hear a lot less complaints. Thank you for your attention, Julia. I am just feeling a bit moody is all.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    The better fix is to keep the door open but you can't leave the instance through the main entrance until you killed the remaining 5 enemies to complete the quest. So, to complete the quest is not open the door (like now) but finishing all the enemy.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options

The better fix is to keep the door open but you can't leave the instance through the main entrance until you killed the remaining 5 enemies to complete the quest. So, to complete the quest is not open the door (like now) but finishing all the enemy.

The creator(s) of this quest linked opening the door to the mission success link. Why not link it to the death of the last mob? The Foundry allowed for 2 campfires (respawn points) per map. That is why I said it would be easy to add the second campfire on the far side of the room. I think you know the answer already as do I. This is a "cloned" map over-used in many places. I imagine adding the campfire to this one might break the others elsewhere. Success flag linked to the death of the last mob might work, unless the party leaves through the open door too early.

Another "cloned" map is the house you fight the demons inside. Hidden Hostages reused Tualo the Bright's home from, the Linkletter quest "The Wizard's Folly", you can find a burnt letter in the fireplace and lore about the wizard Rhazzad. Since this is another clone, I imagine the removal of the scroll in the fireplace cannot be done because it would break the original quest.

wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    ryanr69ryanr69 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Please fix this... This is a major bummer