test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is there any way to get the four plots required to raise our guildhall to Lvl3 without doing PVP?

None of my guildies do PVP, we've got the farm, lumberyard and shop at level one, the guildhall to level 2 but to get level 3 needs 4 plots and the other non PVP plots require materials that we can't get until Guildhall level three is achieved. Is grinding content we don't want to play the only way?

Best Answers

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    The guild hall is a building of the requisite size. The wording is wonky is all.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    You're right, the wording is wonky. Here's the straight dope. TO. . . GO. . . BEYOND. . . Rank 3 Guildhall you need 4 buildings.

From the beginning, Guild Hall Rank 1 is already built. Then you build lumberyard, then you build Marketplace if you are a single Guild and then build Farm or Farm if you are in an Alliance.

Then you build Guild Hall (GH) Rank 2 and GH Rank 3.

The because GH Rank 4 needs both Mine and Quarry you then build Mine and Quarry (or vice Versa) and then you can build GH Rank 4 because you have 4 Rank 1s: Mine, Quarry, Farm and Lumberyard (and marketplace if you are a single Guild).

If you are a single Guild you can then build your next set of buildings: GH Rank4, Marketplace Rank 2, GH Rank 5, Mine, Quarry, Farm and Lumberyard all to Rank 2 and you are set to start on GH Rank 6.

Answers

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,215 Arc User
    If I am not mistaken, Guild hall itself is considered a plot.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • anjicat#4942 anjicat Member Posts: 54 Arc User

If I am not mistaken, Guild hall itself is considered a plot.

I hope so. We've started collecting the resources but the wording 'four other structures at rank 1' had me concerned
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,215 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    Wait! The requirement of GH3 is "4 other structures at rank 1".
    There are at least farm, Lumberyard, Quarry and mine.

"Unlocks 2 new Production Plots and 1 new Support Plot" is the result and not the requirement.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • anjicat#4942 anjicat Member Posts: 54 Arc User

Wait! The requirement of GH3 is "4 other structures at rank 1".
    There are at least farm, Lumberyard, Quarry and mine.

"Unlocks 2 new Production Plots and 1 new Support Plot" is the result and not the requirement.

The problem is the quarry and mine are the 2 production plots that lvl3 unlocks lol
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    This wiki page should help a little. It shows you what materials you need to have to raise your Guild Hall up on each level and the time consumed. PvP Glory is required for the PvP structures as they are; Archer Tower, Sorcerer's Tower, and Underdark Spore Tower. If you are building one of those, you then would need Glory for sure. I am no expert. However, I seem to recall, once you get the farm, lumberyard, and marketplace built, you are required to build a PvP structure such as the Archer Tower. I remember the guild leader begging members to do PvP for more glory. Maybe things have changed?
    wb-cenders.gif

You're right, the wording is wonky. Here's the straight dope. TO. . . GO. . . BEYOND. . . Rank 3 Guildhall you need 4 buildings.

From the beginning, Guild Hall Rank 1 is already built. Then you build lumberyard, then you build Marketplace if you are a single Guild and then build Farm or Farm if you are in an Alliance.

Then you build Guild Hall (GH) Rank 2 and GH Rank 3.

The because GH Rank 4 needs both Mine and Quarry you then build Mine and Quarry (or vice Versa) and then you can build GH Rank 4 because you have 4 Rank 1s: Mine, Quarry, Farm and Lumberyard (and marketplace if you are a single Guild).

If you are a single Guild you can then build your next set of buildings: GH Rank4, Marketplace Rank 2, GH Rank 5, Mine, Quarry, Farm and Lumberyard all to Rank 2 and you are set to start on GH Rank 6.

You cannot build a Marketplace until you build a farm and lumberyard. The Marketplace requires; 3000 food and 3000 wood. The only way I can see you building a Marketplace before the farm is with an alliance giving you the food.

You cannot advance the Guild Hall to rank 3 until you have 4 structures at level 1 see text here.

While I own 4 guilds, they are only banks and not being worked on at all. The only feasible method I could see avoiding PvP, would be to have an alliance with another guild rank 5 or greater to hand you the materials needed to build those other structures.

wb-cenders.gif
    Except for the rare vouchers, you can't. Tending the support structures feeds the materials directly to the coffer for your stronghold.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    You can guild to SH20 without a single PvP structure.

The guild hall counts as a building for the count.

You can upgrade with: Lumberyard, Farm, Market place, and the Guild hall.

Not to take from the above, but, the count check is actually on the even target and not the odd like the tooltips says, doesn't matter though, can build it all either way.

Before you go into upgrading a guild, I would strongly advice to check the total costs, you can do so here:
    https://jannenw.info/pages/guild-tools/costs;b=;c=;d=0
    I didn't see an accounting in there of the blood, sweat, and tears necessary in the upgrading.
    I finally got in touch by phone with the Guild Leader, and he confirmed everything you said, to avoid confusion in the future the wording on this should read; "Requires: 3 other structures at rank 1, Guild Hall rank at 2." This would be a lot less WoNkY to understand.
    wb-cenders.gif