test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Servers

tikamage#2445 tikamage Member Posts: 96 Arc User
For some Reason after Buying Zen now I keep getting DC no matter where I am in the Game lots of LAG lots of Bumps where there is nothing lots of DC for what Reason is unknown, but from others its been since the Chicken Thing, really am getting upset about getting DC cause your Servers are not working they way a Real Server works faultless yet your servers seem to fault any time any place.

Comments

• Options
    Hello Part 2 This Video shows where the Lag is and where it is not, PE is rife with lag yet other places are not, Recorded seconds ago With nVidia GeForce Experience
    https://youtu.be/mxq5-UEIP10
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    Which PE instance? I had problem with 10 and 35 and your video is not even close to how bad I experienced in 10 and 35.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    Lag was extremely bag this weekend, mostly concentrated to PE, but dungeons were a little wonky too. At one point, there were over 70 instances of PE, and more than 3/4 were full. With people staying inside more and the April Fowls event going on, and taking a quick glimpse at just steam users, neverwinter seems to be experiencing a surge in players atm. This weekend PE became almost unplayable at certain instances. If this continues the people making decision's at cryptic will have to invest in some more/better server services.
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Hey folks! We observed several factors over the weekend that may have impacted server performance. We have taken steps to address these and will continue to monitor the situation.
  • Options
    This might be why the game is off line for a few hours today. 7 to 9 AM PST, currently 8 AM PST, 7 CST or very near that. I was in game last night and PE was some what better not as many wait no i was just walking then found myself back where I started. A few not as bad as the day I shot that Video. As for the Up in People coming to the game, have to say that's a good thing to see more playing. Will make it better, would hope, and maybe just maybe have lots more in Dungeons and other instances. Lots of good fun, I think I was with some too, as they did not know the Dungeon map well, they had to follow me, so they could find their way. At least they did most of the time, we finished it too without any fallen. Good fun times.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Game was offline for weekly maintenance. Patch notes were posted.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    I just got DC for no reason odd
  • Options
    puterjunkie777#6081 puterjunkie777 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I am having a lot of server issues lately... server not responding, and sometimes it DC's me. Is there an option to switch servers somewhere or how do i fix this?
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    edited June 2020

I am having a lot of server issues lately... server not responding, and sometimes it DC's me. Is there an option to switch servers somewhere or how do i fix this?

If you have a lot of "server issues" while others do not have the same degree of problem, the chance is it is an issue in the route between your computer and the server. It does not have to mean your ISP or Server's ISP have issue. It can be certain gateways in between has problem, has traffic jam, etc. If that is the case, your ISP (or server's ISP) cannot resolve other party's traffic jam easily. One way is to avoid that route. How to do so? It can be using a proxy server or using VPN to go to the server using different route.

Analogy: you are in New York and try to connect to LA. The route goes through Chicago. However, everyone goes through Chicago and Chicago cannot handle the traffic. New York and LA cannot fix Chicago's problem. If you can go through different route such as Cleveland, it may work better.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***