test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

THE BIGGEST CRYPTIC SMASH!

2»

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User

So far, the legendary mounts were the most valuable thing, that could only be acquired only "in game" (via lockboxes).
    It is very likely, that a large part of the ZAX turnover came from legendary mounts.
    If we can buy them in the ZEN store, why would a paying customer want to buy ZEN and convert it to AD?

Assuming there is a strategy behind the decision to sell this pack, I see two options:
    - they are planning to completely revise the free to play model (so that revenue is generated rather differently)
    - they are planning to replace the legendary mounts as "high value items, not obtainable via ZEN" by something different, for instance mystic mounts.

Just my two cents

1. At this moment, this legendary pack sales is only for 1 week. That means:
    a. who has enough Zen can buy it.
    b. who has money can buy it.
    c. who has AD only cannot buy it directly (can't convert AD in time). They can buy it from AH for inflated price.

2. After one week, if legendary mount is not put into Zen store permanently, many will still need to get AD to buy legendary mount from AH (or be lucky to get that from lockbox).

3. So, when it is "back to normal", the legendary mount demand will be lower. The price of legendary mount in AH will be lower.

4. In this week, a lot of Zen will be consumed. Cryptic will get a lot of money.

5. In this week, since a lot of Zen will be consumed, the Zen demand will be higher to cover the Zen that players used to reserve for buying VIP.

6. If Mystic mount is coming up soon after (within half a year), well, there will be a lot of unhappy campers.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    edited April 2020
    -- double post --
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • lordnagy#1603 lordnagy Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    Where is the “mystic mount” being derived from? I’ve never seen an official mention of this. Speculation or did I miss something?
    edited April 2020

Where is the “mystic mount” being derived from? I’ve never seen an official mention of this. Speculation or did I miss something?

For me, it is a pure speculation. Cryptic can easily remove that speculation saying this is totally wrong and there is no plan in the next N months/years for that (and not one of those 'as far as I know', ...). That can help their sales too.
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    First of all,

Legendary Mounts are now 'more' affordable to free players. After 70 days of saving 100,000 AD (if you did nothing else to make money), you could buy a Legendary Mount on every character.

Secondly,

It is likely that another big ticket Zen item is going to come out within a year, whether it be Mythic mounts or Account based runestones, R16 stones, Mythic insignias, or whatever. The game will continue to expand its end game, and as it does, the current gear systems get dwarfed by higher caps. On the flipside, revenue must flow. The game model, cryptic has stated more times than i can count, will always support free to play. Money is to buy time savings and luxuries, not to buy significant competitive advantages.

I love what Cryptic is doing and this pack is great. The release timing was a little unfortunate.
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    @zerappus I realized this when Vorpal nerfed, the privileged ones with information soon got rid of the enchant, while we the pleb had to struggle to get rid of the enchant in an exchange or sale to acquire the new Bis with clear losses.
  • oldtimer#7525 oldtimer Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    zerappus said:

That's why I mentioned this on the CDP. It happens all the time.

Except it doesn't and you are just talking out of your behind.

Do you know what else has happened recently? Tons of extra people playing video games ( including Neverwinter believe it or not ) due to a certain pandemic forcing them to stay home.

Leg mounts are not easy or fast to sell and they pretty much never increase in value, more people playing = higher chance of finally selling that leg mount you have had on the AH for 2 months. I guess a conspiracy sounds more exciting though, carry on believe that nonsense.

@zerappus I realized this when Vorpal nerfed, the privileged ones with information soon got rid of the enchant, while we the pleb had to struggle to get rid of the enchant in an exchange or sale to acquire the new Bis with clear losses.

The *privileged* ones are the ones that bothered logging on the publicly accessible test server for 5 minutes to test the publicly announced change to Vorpal, the *privileged* ones also knew a thing or two about the game so they already had the second / probably third best enchants available just in case because they were dirt cheap and the clear alternatives if Vorpal ever got nerfed which was inevitable.
  • exgardianexgardian Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    No Mythic mounts until next year. I like rabbits
    2fv72Fw.png
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    Well, i sold my regular Tenser's Disk for 4.7m AD recently, bought an account-wide Tenser's Disk for 4.2m AD today, thanks to that i'm probably going to keep the bundle intact for now.

One account-wide legendary mount is enough for me anyway, i'll wait for more informations on the next module before i choose which mounts to pick from the pack or to sell the whole pack.

Btw. is the pack only bugged on consoles, or did anyone around here also had problems with getting the right mounts from it?
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
    regenerde said:

Well, i sold my regular Tenser's Disk for 4.7m AD recently, bought an account-wide Tenser's Disk for 4.2m AD today, thanks to that i'm probably going to keep the bundle intact for now.

One account-wide legendary mount is enough for me anyway, i'll wait for more informations on the next module before i choose which mounts to pick from the pack or to sell the whole pack.

Btw. is the pack only bugged on consoles, or did anyone around here also had problems with getting the right mounts from it?

I know there is at least one in PC. Bulette reclaims a Drake and a Drake reclaims a Bulette.

regenerde said:

I know there is at least one in PC. Bulette reclaims a Drake and a Drake reclaims a Bulette.
    That's good to know, going to keep the bundle as it is until they've fixed it.
    Want to know why?
  • zerappuszerappus Member Posts: 138 Arc User

They were selling Vorpal a week before the nerf. I was thinking to myself, players dumping en-masse the most sought after enchantment for most classes, something is wrong. The next week, vorpal nerf.

The past week people are dumping their Bondings 13-15 in bulk, not only in trade chat but also in AH. So I checked the AH and there were 52 legendary listing a couple of days ago. Yesterday someone was trading 5.

Now the free Rank 15 drops. Now it is getting obvious they are giving away a full range of top ranked enchantments. So bondings, Rank 14 armor and weapon enchantments i'm guessing are next (which could also mean they are moving away from the Coal Ward/Preservation - centric business model). That's why people are trying to dump their overpriced Bilethorns and much useful Barkshields as well as their stocks of rank 14s weapons and armor.

Cryptic can't keep a lid on these things. At least they were smart to extend the Legendary Mount promo because it's getting hoarded big time by the reseller cabals. Had it ended on the 9th, the account mounts will be 15m each so fast. They ought to extend it another extra week to saturate it even further. There is no way they are skirting Mythic mounts anyway. That "mythic" option on the auction house mount search has been there for years.
  • zerappuszerappus Member Posts: 138 Arc User

zerappus said:

Do you know what else has happened recently? Tons of extra people playing video games ( including Neverwinter believe it or not ) due to a certain pandemic forcing them to stay home.

Leg mounts are not easy or fast to sell and they pretty much never increase in value, more people playing = higher chance of finally selling that leg mount you have had on the AH for 2 months. I guess a conspiracy sounds more exciting though, carry on believe that nonsense.

The *privileged* ones are the ones that bothered logging on the publicly accessible test server for 5 minutes to test the publicly announced change to Vorpal, the *privileged* ones also knew a thing or two about the game so they already had the second / probably third best enchants available just in case because they were dirt cheap and the clear alternatives if Vorpal ever got nerfed which was inevitable.
    A whole bunch of non-sequitur, which goes hand-in-hand with your naivete.

NW leaks and hard-core data mining has been going on for years, and it has nothing to do with public test servers. I just watched a 9/10-day old twitch stream with @cwhitesidedev#9752 and the streamer was asking him about Account bound Legendary Mounts and Companions. That's a heck no coincidence. They are obviously trying to confirm a leak/rumor. Not saying they are cheaters but rumors fly around in circles quickly.

Players are dumping their Legendary Mounts on trade chat a full week before the sale, especially the 18m Swarm. And one in particular is dumping 6 legendary mounts and manage to keep the 'Kriegstriceratops' ( which uncoincidentally not in the pack itself ).
  • durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User
    zerappus said:

The past week people are dumping their Bondings 13-15 in bulk, not only in trade chat but also in AH. So I checked the AH and there were 52 legendary listing a couple of days ago. Yesterday someone was trading 5.

Now the free Rank 15 drops. Now it is getting obvious they are giving away a full range of top ranked enchantments. So bondings, Rank 14 armor and weapon enchantments i'm guessing are next (which could also mean they are moving away from the Coal Ward/Preservation - centric business model). That's why people are trying to dump their overpriced Bilethorns and much useful Barkshields as well as their stocks of rank 14s weapons and armor.
    Here i was thinking that people were trying to sell all of those for cheap so they can get AD to buy those account bound legendary mounts before the sale ends and their prices raises up again...

But hey your speculation sounds more interesting so let's keep a look on how they unfold soon.
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    zerappus said:

zerappus said:

A whole bunch of non-sequitur, which goes hand-in-hand with your naivete.

NW leaks and hard-core data mining has been going on for years, and it has nothing to do with public test servers. I just watched a 9/10-day old twitch stream with @cwhitesidedev#9752 and the streamer was asking him about Account bound Legendary Mounts and Companions. That's a heck no coincidence. They are obviously trying to confirm a leak/rumor. Not saying they are cheaters but rumors fly around in circles quickly.

Players are dumping their Legendary Mounts on trade chat a full week before the sale, especially the 18m Swarm. And one in particular is dumping 6 legendary mounts and manage to keep the 'Kriegstriceratops' ( which uncoincidentally not in the pack itself ).
    What you say must be true friend cause even the lead dev cwhitesidedev loled at your post : D (so that must be a confirmation then to your conspiracy ..)
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    You are one to talk about LOLs Kalina :D:D:D
    - bye bye -
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

For me, it is a pure speculation. Cryptic can easily remove that speculation saying this is totally wrong and there is no plan in the next N months/years for that (and not one of those 'as far as I know', ...). That can help their sales too.
    they did say in a stream we'd never have a mythic mount because the engine just wasn't fast enough to deal with that added strain. but they have a way of backtracking this kind of thing.

they did say in a stream we'd never have a mythic mount because the engine just wasn't fast enough to deal with that added strain. but they have a way of backtracking this kind of thing.
    I did not watch the stream. Thanks for the information.
    However, "mythic mount" does not have to be that name but more or less the next generation of mount which does not need to have increased mount speed.
    It can be "advance legendary mount" or just "legendary mount" with advance stat.
    e.g. they can create a new group of legendary mounts that double the stat of the current generation.
    ** Note: this is just a what if. Not even a rumour or speculation. **
    edited April 2020

Well, looking at all the mount speed numbers, a mythical mount could be around 170%, and to avoid any problems with the engine they could simply add a max. 170% "speed limit" to a player character at the same time, so that any additional movement speed bonuses (boons, mount powers and so on) wouldn't increase the max. speed any further.

As long as the Combat and Equip powers are better then on legendary mounts, and even if those mythical mounts would end up being as fast as legendary mounts, most players will go after that new carrot anyway...
    Post edited by regenerde on
    Want to know why?