test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Legendary Mount Pack

nully#0831 nully Member Posts: 6 Arc User
edited April 2020 in General Discussion (PC)
People clearly dont read so removing it.
Post edited by nully#0831 on

Comments

• mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    Gear being outdated is business as usual in an mmorpg. Each mod brings new stuff that outdates old gear that had mass effort invested in it.

There is no reason why it should be different for legendary mounts. And Cryptic *must* get their income or there would be no game.

When the sales of the triple pack falls off, they will likely introduce non-account mythic mounts, and there we go again.

You need to enjoy the process to play an mmorpg, the BiS target is ever moving forward.
  • nooneatzanooneatza Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    (true story btw)
    Oh no, i've bought a tenser for 17m, a black ice warhorse for 15m and various other mounts for ~10m long ago.

Now there's a sale on legendary mounts i do not need !!1!!1! ME NO LIKE IT ME QUITS GAME !!1!1

This is how people like you sound. Stuff may lose its value quickly, it's not just mmorpgs, it's life. Don't tell me you never bought some item and a few days later it was on sale.
  • nully#0831 nully Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    nooneatza said:

(true story btw)
    Oh no, i've bought a tenser for 17m, a black ice warhorse for 15m and various other mounts for ~10m long ago.

Now there's a sale on legendary mounts i do not need !!1!!1! ME NO LIKE IT ME QUITS GAME !!1!1

This is how people like you sound. Stuff may lose its value quickly, it's not just mmorpgs, it's life. Don't tell me you never bought some item and a few days later it was on sale.

You clearly never read what it said. im on about the situation they released it in not what they released.... and its an opinion you dont have to flame because your online ego is to large

Gear being outdated is business as usual in an mmorpg. Each mod brings new stuff that outdates old gear that had mass effort invested in it.

There is no reason why it should be different for legendary mounts. And Cryptic *must* get their income or there would be no game.

When the sales of the triple pack falls off, they will likely introduce non-account mythic mounts, and there we go again.

You need to enjoy the process to play an mmorpg, the BiS target is ever moving forward.

you to never read what it said you just read the first line and replied but nevermind i said the situation they released it in not what they released
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    But why is the interpretation negative? I can see this as a movement thinking on players instead of a movement to make fast money. And you dont HAVE TO buy it, is just an opportunity.

Lots of people is asking for account legendary mounts since ages, and now that is a special worldwide situation and people is playing more than ever, they release a pack in my eyes the price is a joke even if you only have 1 character, not to mention if you have 4 or 5 characters...

So, isntead of thinking that is a money grab you can see it as a unique opportunity to get something very very very cheap. If you dont want to spend money dont do it, you can buy it with your exchanged zen or even with AD.

Even if you buy it in the AH, paying 8M for a legendary account mount is a joke comparing with the prize we had 1 week ago. You get a cheaper mount, and ACCOUNT WIDE.

So.... again... where is the problem?
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor

But why is the interpretation negative? I can see this as a movement thinking on players instead of a movement to make fast money. And you dont HAVE TO buy it, is just an opportunity.

Lots of people is asking for account legendary mounts since ages, and now that is a special worldwide situation and people is playing more than ever, they release a pack in my eyes the price is a joke even if you only have 1 character, not to mention if you have 4 or 5 characters...

So, isntead of thinking that is a money grab you can see it as a unique opportunity to get something very very very cheap. If you dont want to spend money dont do it, you can buy it with your exchanged zen or even with AD.

Even if you buy it in the AH, paying 8M for a legendary account mount is a joke comparing with the prize we had 1 week ago. You get a cheaper mount, and ACCOUNT WIDE.

3rd person in a row to completely miss the point its the situation of 2020... not the pack itself HAMSTER hell
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    If you don't have money, don't buy it.
    If you don't have enough Zen, don't buy it.
    If you don't have enough AD to buy it in AH, don't buy it.
    If you are not happy with the pack, don't buy it.
    If you don't like the timing, don't buy it.
    If you hate Cryptic, don't buy it.
    If you believe Cryptic made a bad decision in your opinion, don't buy it.
    If you feel it is a pay to win move, don't buy it.
    Nobody is forced to buy it.
    Nobody has to have it neither.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User

3rd person in a row to completely miss the point its the situation of 2020... not the pack itself HAMSTER hell
    You really have understanding problems. If you can read my post, I said that the moment is the important thing, not the pack.
    if we weren't in this situation, they wont release this pack cant you understand this? so please stop with that HAMSTER when others doenst agree with you.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited April 2020

I think the triple pack was VERY carefully thought out by Cryptic.
    * They have earlier expressed the desire to make legendary mounts more accessible, see the CDB thread on VIP. That really means get prices down. So their chosen price point probably is no accident.
    * They have made the price high enough that few if any people have that much Zen lying around ready for use(They can of course run out reports on this). That means the demand for the account-wide mounts will not be primarily covered by those rotating money through the ZAX, but will require fresh money inserted into the game.

I am sure Cryptic is financially very happy with the triple legendary pack. Smart move, Cryptic :)

When is the first mythical mount coming? :)
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited April 2020

* They have earlier expressed the desire to make legendary mounts more accessible, see the CDB thread on VIP. That really means get prices down. So their chosen price point probably is no accident.
    * They have made the price high enough that few if any people have that much Zen lying around ready for use(They can of course run out reports on this). That means the demand for the account-wide mounts will not be primarily covered by those rotating money through the ZAX, but will require fresh money inserted into the game.

I am sure Cryptic is financially very happy with the triple legendary pack. Smart move, Cryptic :)

Well, i'd guess the first "Big Surprise!"
    http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/arc/54/bd/54bd2ca6d414b2dd47b3a34298ba6e811581629520.jpg
    is going to be mythical mounts inside a new lockbox, that would increase lockbox key sales again, and also force those that are still opening lockboxes with the old design (the one, that doesn't flood your inventory with mostly useless junk) to switch to the new lockbox - killing two birds with one stone.

Some say the suprise will be a new class, but i doubt that's going to happen at this point...

And yes, from Cryptics point of view this was a really smart move, it screwed over some players that bought the regular legendary mounts from the ZEN shop not that long ago, but lesson learned, so when they try the same HAMSTER with mythical mounts, i'll just wait until the account-wide versions become available too.
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    I hope your never on my
    regenerde said:

Well, i'd guess the first "Big Surprise!"
    http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/arc/54/bd/54bd2ca6d414b2dd47b3a34298ba6e811581629520.jpg
    is going to be mythical mounts inside a new lockbox, that would increase lockbox key sales again, and also force those that are still opening lockboxes with the old design (the one, that doesn't flood your inventory with mostly useless junk) to switch to the new lockbox - killing two birds with one stone.

Some say the suprise will be a new class, but i doubt that's going to happen at this point...

And yes, from Cryptics point of view this was a really smart move, it screwed over some players that bought the regular legendary mounts from the ZEN shop not that long ago, but lesson learned, so when they try the same HAMSTER with mythical mounts, i'll just wait until the account-wide versions become available too.
    Good creative thinking, but I hope you are never on my jury. So many possibilities. Wouldn't a lockbox with the Legendary Mount Pack in it... accomplish the same thing? Personally, i kinda hope the big suprise is some new content, QoL improvements, and maybe an enhancement to character customization... instead of a new object I can spend money on, equip, and forget.
This discussion has been closed.