test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Shapeshifter Class

I think it would be a lot of fun introducing a shape shifting class. For example it could turn into a tiger or a yeth hound for damage, and for tanking to into like an owl bear. I think it would introduce a new little fun class to play around with in neverwinter, and add even more D&D into the game. If you agree, please post things you think should be added with it, or some of the skills and such. This could be a far off project, but I enjoy toying with the thoughts.

Comments

• lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    Monk plz for me

but i must admit that does sound like fun
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    The D&D Druid has that shape shifting ability. At least it did, I have not played since 3.5 edition.
  • promin3nc3#8884 promin3nc3 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Druid would be easy to implement for that. I was thinking about this months ago.
    We already have rangers that use TAB to switch between bow and knives, a Druid could use TAB to switch between animals and his powers would change depending on what animal he is. This could also be an excellent multiclass option, for example if you chose to be a dps you can switch between a tiger or yeths as you said.
    But why stop there? this could be the first class that could cover all paragons, both DPS and Tanks as well as a Healer. This would be groundbreaking for the game to add someone that covers it all but isn't busted so that there are only druids running around in this game.
  • bigtigr#1871 bigtigr Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Maybe he his a mage caster in his first form / human like form, and then his tab ability is changed by if he is DPS or tank spec.
  • bigtigr#1871 bigtigr Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Actually, now that I fully read your post, he could be a mixed class. A tank, while having less tankyness like the other classes, can do more damage. While the different spec could be a healer and dps. Having less large heals, while still feeling like a healing class, maybe like a mix of paladin and cleric, while they could have slight bleed skills. Have them have a fair time with the other healing classes, unlike warlocks, who are just terrible healers.
  • rangerreekrangerreek Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    I would love to play as a Druid in this game (although I don't know what I would have to change my name too) and it could, like you said cover all aspects.

In the 5th Ed of DnD the druid is separated by their various circles. As was stated before there are already mechanics from the ranger that allow you to switch stances. If you incorporated this type of Druid class, my ask would be to Call them Circle of the Moon, and Circle of the Land (in accordance to the circles presented in the Player's Handbook) and have the circle of the moon focused more on Shape shifting... in that I would like to see the shape-shifter function be like the stance switch where you would switch between DPS stance and Tank stance. You could utilize iconic DnD beasts for the stance. Maybe Tanks are Dire Bears, and DPS are Dire Wolves. Of course you could add in any other option there if you'd see fit.

And then the Circle of the Land would focus more on the spell casting healing aspect of it and function somewhere in between a cleric and a warlock healing ( I am not familiar with the healing classes intimately, but I am currently learning how to build a cleric).

IN current continuity all Druids have the ability to change shape, but I think in this instance having that ability tied to Tank/DPS would be more fluid and keep up with the paragon idea and differentiate.

All in all I think it would be a great add to the game and it would be awesome to have a class that could cover all three roles. Balancing could be an issue, and I see it possibly becoming an overtly op class. But it would be a blast too play!!

Fight with honor, die with glory!
  • finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    Oh yes, lets bring in Kungfu Panda, or even worse... Inspector gadget (for transforming into any class)
    Bring the Transformers in game for tanks..

ROFL
    Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer
  • durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User
    There is already a transforming Werewolf lurking in Neverwinter.. you just haven't played with him yet
  • tcel#8876 tcel Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Since RangerReek covered most of what I would like to see in a Druid class, I will add the other popular class ask, which is the Bard. Bard paragons would be DPS for both of them, but how they achieve it in both are slightly different.

Dissonance: main feature is debuffing the enemy (think EQ2 Dirge).
    Harmony: main feature is to buff the party (think EQ2 Troubadour)

Or you have those two as one paragon where you switch stances like the ranger (or based on feats and encounters...determines which Dirge or Troubadour actions are used) and the other paragon would some sort of swashbuckler...

https://discord.gg/YXFTZ4v7vz
    Come join us on our Knights Radiant Info Discord Server!
    There's information on how to join us, our alliance, and helping your guild.

Order of Knights Radiant - GH 20 - Helm of the Alliance
    Alliance Leader: Tamia@jadeofkatan