test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

THE BIGGEST CRYPTIC SMASH!

the1truehunterthe1truehunter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 211 Arc User
edited April 2020 in Player Feedback (PC)
So for my understanding there is a pack in Zen Store that gives you 3 legendary mounts of you choice, not to mention BEST IN SLOT ONES!, to be ACCOUNT WIDE (reclaimable on all characters) for 15k zen worth 11.25m AD you get equiped all of your characters with 3 of the bis Legendary Mounts. HOW ON EARTH IS THIS FAIR FOR ME AS A PLAYER WHO SPENT 30M AD FOR 3 LEGENDARY MOUNTS JUST FEW WEEKS AGO THAT ARE NOW BOUND TO CHARACTER? How do I find my way to play further this game being scamed in this way? After 6 years of playing this game I never been more dissapointed than now. I want my mounts to be account wide too, or this kind of merchadise is not fear at all!!! How I am gonna trust you now and play your game if you keep putting us to the ground every time we spent a fortune of time and resources equiping our characters just to arrive in this kind of situation?!

Do not mention the fact that if you are not going to unlock all the mounts account wide in the future, you will just give people that bought this pack via ZAX, the chance to get over 4 times the amount of Zen/AD they spent to buy and sell this pack. This will make a huge gap in the game economy. I hope that your team took in cosideration this kind of movement when you decided this is the right moment to do such a big thing.

@nitocris83 @cwhitesidedev#9752
Post edited by the1truehunter on

Comments

• the1truehunterthe1truehunter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 211 Arc User
    This is not the same thing. It is about the fact that you give a paid opportunity to the players to get 3 account wide legendary mounts spending 1/3 the amount of AD/Zen. If I want to get in the future another legendary mount I will have to pay for it every time I want one on a character with is not fair at all. I barrely can survive this game economy because I always worked hard to get one legendary mount(for only one character). After 6 years of playing I have 5 legendary mounts. I paid 30m for the first one and over 45M AD for the rest. And I have this investition stuck in 2 of my characters. If this is fair for you I will logout and delete the game and I will regret the entire time I have put into this game to keep myself up just to compete with other players. At this point I feel there is no reason to play anymore since it will take a fortune for me to equip other characters with legendary mounts. I still have no legendary mounts on my Wizard and I still working on my Paladin Healer, Barbarian Tank to keep them up to date. I can t enjoy this game if I always have to worry about huge amount of AD i have to invest on individuals instead of account wide.
  • sqwaztersqwazter Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    it's a sale for all the players. what's the moan about. been opening boxes for 7years and no legemount yet, haven't bought one either since they're expensive, running endgame happily w/o legemount. catch my drift?
    -d
    Bro you don t get my point of view. I am perfectly happy for those who never had the chance to get their legendary mount or even for those who can affort them and still have their legendary mounts from the past. I just hate the fact that I don t have mine account wide. It is a huge difference in being able to get 3 legendary mounts for all your characters and it is just terrible to have your legendary mounts stuck on a single character or two. I persoanly can t affort this pack but I am not upset about this as I said.
    There are two ways of action from now. 1. They will make legendary mounts more optainable from different souces (will break the market even if they release Mythic Mounts) or they allow us once we get one to receive it account wide.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    edited April 2020

There are two ways of action from now. 1. They will make legendary mounts more optainable from different souces (will break the market even if they release Mythic Mounts) or they allow us once we get one to receive it account wide.

It is treated like Epic mount except not quite as you still cannot buy legendary mount directly from Zen store under mount.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    I spent 30m AD one month ago when I decided it is the right time to do such a big investiment after this long time.
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    Lets be honest: Legendary mounts were always bringing too little benefit for a really big price. Buying one and binding it to a char meant you are pretty much done with all other equipment... or have no idea what you are actually doing.

I was pretty sure I will never have a legendary mount as I would have to bind it to one of my chars - and Cryptic has a tendency to nerf any char I fancy into oblivion with the next mod. I do not enjoy making substantial investments just for one mod.

So, account wide legendary mounts? This sounds at least somehow worth consideration.
    edited April 2020
    rikitaki said:

Lets be honest: Legendary mounts were always bringing too little benefit for a really big price. Buying one and binding it to a char meant you are pretty much done with all other equipment... or have no idea what you are actually doing.

I was pretty sure I will never have a legendary mount as I would have to bind it to one of my chars - and Cryptic has a tendency to nerf any char I fancy into oblivion with the next mod. I do not enjoy making substantial investments just for one mod.

So, account wide legendary mounts? This sounds at least somehow worth consideration.

I had the same toughts until one week ago when I get my Legendry Triceratops and I was almost done with everything for this module when they decided to fix a feat that left my character broken with -100k Hit Points. So I spent 15m worth in goods for a 25k HP just to get -100k HP few days after. And now this! How I can be optimistic anyway?
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    Well, mythic mounts wrapped up in a new lockbox are probably going to be the next "big surprise" from the 2020 roadmap
    http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/arc/54/bd/54bd2ca6d414b2dd47b3a34298ba6e811581629520.jpg
    or they won't be selling any more lockbox keys bundles in the near future.

Anyway, what would be the best 3 account-wide mounts from that pack?
    I'll probably go with the Swarm, Disc and Griffon or Bulette, but i'm not sure... suggestions?
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
    Big surprise is to far from this event to be cosidered as a potential introduction of Mythic Mounts. I am sure this is more clase than that..
  • kingkevin#3240 kingkevin Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Between swarm disc warhorse and Bulette

> @regenerde said:

> Well, mythic mounts wrapped up in a new lockbox are probably going to be the next "big surprise" from the 2020 roadmap
    > http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/arc/54/bd/54bd2ca6d414b2dd47b3a34298ba6e811581629520.jpg
    > or they won't be selling any more lockbox keys bundles in the near future.
    >
    > Anyway, what would be the best 3 account-wide mounts from that pack?
    > I'll probably go with the Swarm, Disc and Griffon or Bulette, but i'm not sure... suggestions?
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    yah know I'm a little bummed I have bought so many leg mounts on various toons. but if you stop and look at the dollar value if you just needed one mount anywhere it's still a good deal. none of my toons had a power mount. the cost of this package is still less than 1 power mount that is not account bound would have cost me.

the way we will be screwed is if this is a precursor to introducing mythic mounts. lol (or the game folding of course)
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited April 2020

Bro you don t get my point of view. I am perfectly happy for those who never had the chance to get their legendary mount or even for those who can affort them and still have their legendary mounts from the past. I just hate the fact that I don t have mine account wide. It is a huge difference in being able to get 3 legendary mounts for all your characters and it is just terrible to have your legendary mounts stuck on a single character or two. I persoanly can t affort this pack but I am not upset about this as I said.

I perfectly understand the OP post. I have no idea how people can think they are "counter-arguing" it, nor why they would.

It doesn't take a lawyer to come on here and prove that the game has a "buyer beware" status, that nothing is guaranteed, etc.. bla bla bla.

The over-arching truth is that a great many players spent a thousand dollars over the last year to buy a set of Legendary Mounts for several of their charcters. Not only did they pay 5x as much... it gave them an inferior version that can't be swapped to a new character.

We all know there is NO legal basis for retribution, and that anything we pay for is at our OWN risk, but to me that is not enough. Cryptic knows what they are doing and how badly it will hurt some of their most loyal paying players. Sometimes I think other players like it when they see another player get 'screwed' by Cryptic. I think it makes them feel good to see another get hurt, maybe cause they got hurt once, or because it put them ahead of the other player.

I, for one, think Cryptic should think about these things before making a significant release like this. Our decline in players is in part, due to failure to consider the effect on players. Now, I love the pack and might buy one even though I've spent $1000.00 over the years on Zen for Legendary Mounts. I don't like seeing other players get hurt, and I certainly don't like throwing my money away either.
  • polysatyr81polysatyr81 Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    I just had a really good player in my Alliance quit over this and while I think they overacted a little I don't disagree with their reasoning. Cryptic @nitocris83 decided to release in the middle of the one of the hugest economic downturns in decades when lots of people are worried about losing their jobs, homes and healthcare to release a Pay to Win pack which costs about $150 which is a bill for most people. I'm not sure if this is something Cryptic had planned for months but this looks bad right now optically. It's a cash grab pure and simple at the worst time. The $1200 IRS checks most people won't even get until NEXT week which is AFTER this bundle leaves the Zen Market. There's no Zen Sale or Zen bonus to maybe make it a little easier on us. ESPECIALLY since Cryptic has the 50 key/Coal Ward bundle going on at the same LIMITED time as the Legendary Mount Bundle. If Cryptic cares at ALL about the people playing their game they would extend the time their selling their pack at a minimum if not outright make it a permanent thing. This just looks bad. Period point blank. It's mean-hearted, exploitative, short-sighted and rude because it looks like Cryptic make a business decision when most people are at home playing but yet ALSO don't have money.
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    It claims to be discounted 30% already.
  • drago#3250 drago Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    I'm against Pay to win. But keep some things in mind.
    1. Prices of legendary mounts are really high, nearly ruined economy. If you want buy one with AD keep in mind someone need to buy it with real cash via Keys or now on Sale. If you want get Prices down, aswell costs in AD, you need increase offer.
    2. I was - not amused - about Stardock buggate. But now you should be happy so many players are willing to pay these amounts for the game you like to play that much. It will help to make it better if they plan to invest.

Congrats all new owners of legendary mounts.

@nitocris83 Good Job! Now only keep in mind you will see much more demand of war triceratops. You cannot get them via sell but many will sell parts of their 3 Mounts and with that AD boost they will demand war triceratops. We will maybe see prices of 40 Millions AD++. And all is short in endgame are tanks. Now we get much more ready DPS/Healer without boost in playerbase of tanks for same content. -> More waiting times.
  • nic1985nic1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    They could/will/might/hopefully release another similar pack in the future but with different set of mounts (WarTriceratop, Champion's Armored Bullette, etc..)

I've been converting AD to Zen since December2019 for June2020 sale but now this pack depleted most of my zen.

Personally I am ecstatic they release this pack.

*Anyone trading an account wide mount for another please be careful of trade scams, make sure the mount you are trading for also have "....- Account" in the name, ie [Swarm - Account] and that the mount is BoE when the person linked it to you in chat.
  • jase2cooljase2cool Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 165 Arc User

So for my understanding there is a pack in Zen Store that gives you 3 legendary mounts of you choice, not to mention BEST IN SLOT ONES!, to be ACCOUNT WIDE (reclaimable on all characters) for 15k zen worth 11.25m AD you get equiped all of your characters with 3 of the bis Legendary Mounts. HOW ON EARTH IS THIS FAIR FOR ME AS A PLAYER WHO SPENT 30M AD FOR 3 LEGENDARY MOUNTS JUST FEW WEEKS AGO THAT ARE NOW BOUND TO CHARACTER? How do I find my way to play further this game being scamed in this way? After 6 years of playing this game I never been more dissapointed than now. I want my mounts to be account wide too, or this kind of merchadise is not fear at all!!! How I am gonna trust you now and play your game if you keep putting us to the ground every time we spent a fortune of time and resources equiping our characters just to arrive in this kind of situation?!

Do not mention the fact that if you are not going to unlock all the mounts account wide in the future, you will just give people that bought this pack via ZAX, the chance to get over 4 times the amount of Zen/AD they spent to buy and sell this pack. This will make a huge gap in the game economy. I hope that your team took in cosideration this kind of movement when you decided this is the right moment to do such a big thing.

I totally feel you this is unfair for those who spent on lockbox or even AD in game.

The current Legendary Mount of Choice Pack will make previous Legendary Mounts owner felt cheated,
    I understand that its player choice to buy during that time period and agrees on what they purchase.
    Do remember its also player choice who continue supporting Neverwinter or play some other MMO as well, i don't want to lose anymore friends because of things like these.

All Legendary comes from Zen store (lock box key or purchase), i know this might sound ridiculous i would suggest to make all Legendary Mount Account Wide. Its a game its not reality it wont hurt the company to make all existing legendary mount account wide.

• regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    Well, it would be a start to convert the legendary mounts they sold as "single use" not that long ago into account-wide unlocks, considering the price of this pack with 3 account-wide legendary mounts plus the other stuff, i'd dare say that's a reasonable request.

But i doubt that's going to happen, i guess all we're going get is a sugar-coated "HAMSTER happens, deal with it." response, if we get any official word at all, they might just consider sitting this one out quietly, and there's nothing anyone of us could do about it either.

Still thinking about which mounts to pick, one of my first thoughts was to go for a +Power mount, but with a new module not that too far away, and the changes they might throw at us with it, i'm starting to wonder if that's going to be a good "investment"...
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    It is, the salty-about-my-legs(that I don't have)-agenda aside, a pack that at the moment has quite the value. Nobody knows what happens in a mod, as always. Buying the pack for legs, selling the rest, buying for the insigs and selling the rest, you will have a return of investment anyway. (Let's forget about the time it would take me to zax that)
    Thats the way it is - and has been. Am I salty about all the stuff I got/farmed for/Zax'd for before M16? Sometimes. But I spent it willingly, nobody ordered me to do it.
    Post edited by jules#6770 on
    - bye bye -
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    Damn, a game I bought for 60 bucks now costs 5 ffs

I will never buy anything from that company!!

Everything devaluates with time. Someones learn with 1 million things, others never learn. Soon this pack will be devaluated too. And then everyone who bought it will come here to complain.

Ce la vie.
    Edit: grammar
    Post edited by darthpotater on
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • bspallybspally Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    please give us some information about lion and hp legendary mounts in same pack. We need them also =)
    Make Neverwinter's players willing to buy Zen great again!
  • motu999#9953 motu999 Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    Many players wanted account-wide legendary mounts from the zen store. They now got it.
    Many participants in the CDP advocated to have more account bound stuff (instead of char bound). They now got it.
    Chris indicated, that he is also in favor of moving from char-bound to account-bound stuff, so this pack is also in line with future game direction indicated by the EP.

And I agree. It will help the game in the long run, if we have more account-bound stuff (instead of char-bound).
    And yet it hurts me, personally: I have three swarm mounts in inventory, that I would have liked to have sold on AH.
    Before this pack came out, I could have sold them for ~10 million AD each.
    Now I do not even want to look at the current (very likely still plummeting) price in AH.
    So I lost quite a bit of AD because of this decision.
    Do I throw a tantrum? NO!

I think it is rather obvious:
    - some things need to change, so that the game becomes more attractive on the long run
    - in the transition period, where these changes have to take effect, many old (and usually very wealthy) players will have some of their stuff devalued
    - that's life. Things change. The alternative would be: nothing changes and the game dies

Lets hope, that there is a strategy behind this (and future) sales of a similar kind.
    What worries me a bit, is the following:
    If account-bound legendary mounts become available regularly at the ZEN shop, this could hurt the "play for free" business model, on which the game is based. Why?

This game can be played entirely for free, because of the ZAX exchange.
    Free players earn AD in game and can convert AD to ZEN via ZAX.
    This gives them enough ZEN to buy the ZEN-exclusive stuff (character slots, bank slots, loadouts, etc.)
    In order that this model works, the people with money must have an incentive to convert ZEN (bought from real money) into AD.

The incentive obviously is, to have items available, that can ONLY be acquired in game (and are sold on AH for AD).
    Cash players thus want AD, to buy these things from AH. They buy ZEN and convert to AD via ZAX.
    If you could buy everything valuable via ZEN, the ZAX could not work.
    "free to play" players could not convert their AD to ZEN and buy the necessary ZEN-exclusive stuff, at least not without spending real money.

So far, the legendary mounts were the most valuable thing, that could only be acquired only "in game" (via lockboxes).
    It is very likely, that a large part of the ZAX turnover came from legendary mounts.
    If we can buy them in the ZEN store, why would a paying customer want to buy ZEN and convert it to AD?

Assuming there is a strategy behind the decision to sell this pack, I see two options:
    - they are planning to completely revise the free to play model (so that revenue is generated rather differently)
    - they are planning to replace the legendary mounts as "high value items, not obtainable via ZEN" by something different, for instance mystic mounts.

Just my two cents
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User

yah know I'm a little bummed I have bought so many leg mounts on various toons. but if you stop and look at the dollar value if you just needed one mount anywhere it's still a good deal. none of my toons had a power mount. the cost of this package is still less than 1 power mount that is not account bound would have cost me.

the way we will be screwed is if this is a precursor to introducing mythic mounts. lol (or the game folding of course)

Keep in mind that the introduction of mystical mounts would be another tragedy for the game. I tried to imagine how I would be able to compete with another DPS with a mythical Swarm for example, me that even the legendary I have, it would be impossible, he would do 10% more damage than me every minute.

I hope it is just a promotion for new players, to make Bis items more accessible and that the company also profits.

In the script there was already information about everything in the future to be bound account, so that didn't surprise me. I only have to regret my bad luck, 1 month before the preview of the Mod 16 I bought a Legendary Deepcrow (power mount bugged, please fix it) for my GF Tactical Buff, a function that no longer exists and was a bad investment since I didn't serves, and exactly 2 weeks ago I spent all my AD to acquire a mount with 10k power for my CW, AD that now would make me have a Swarm account and maybe a Tenser account as well.