I have received many requests to make a guide, this is it:
https://guides.jannenw.info/2019/11/25/barbarian-dps-guide-for-mod-18/
Updated for Mod 18
Post edited by reeper#9973 on

Comments

• nemesrichnemesrich Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    Thank you.
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    This has been very helpful, made a number of major tweaks. Thanks!
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    Congratulations on your guide to the class, it's very informative as well as detailed.

From what I read in your guide on Trample of the Fallen, we're in the same situation as the Wizards were, immune targets (mostly Boss) are limiting the class's damage buff and this is hilarious, as they simply transferred a problem from one class to the other as I see it.

Could you test this fellow?
    Paranoid Desilusion (Increases At-Will damage against Disabled, or Held targets by 10%) - Trample of the Fallen + Steel Blitz. This combo always catches my eye, but since I don't have time to learn how to use ACT, I'm always in doubt.

I once saw a topic here in the forum because the players did not change classes when they were nerfed, a CW said he would not play buff because he had created the class to be DPS and that he always tried to improve to get what he set out to do, that's the same thought I follow when my friends who were DPS and switched to Tank to be able to do ToMM ask me why I don't do the same. And as an OP friend in a casual chat reminded me, ToMM will soon be what CoDG is hj, something unattractive and what you do just to spend the key and earn a little RAD. Long live the GWF !!!
    What set will you move to once the DemonLords' gets nerfed? Also, why do you not recommend Fearbringers for arms?
  • reeper#9973 reeper Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    The new set bonuses makes this a hard choice for a Barbarian. I might stay with the DemonLords' set or move on to the Mod 18 artifact set. Fearbringers or one of the TOMM rings with the same bonus would be a bad choice imo, because loosing 30% damage on your daily is a big loss.
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    Great guide.

Thanks for taking the time to put it together. I found it very easy to read and understand.
    edited January 2020

The new set bonuses makes this a hard choice for a Barbarian. I might stay with the DemonLords' set or move on to the Mod 18 artifact set. Fearbringers or one of the TOMM rings with the same bonus would be a bad choice imo, because loosing 30% damage on your daily is a big loss.

Thanks for the reply! I was also curious why you chose Butcher's Might for arms instead of a +3 bonus to either at-wills or encounters? Or are the buffs close enough that it is just a matter of preference? Thanks for any insight! I'm not the best at game math, so have no clue how much power equals how much bonus....
    The problem with a 3% bonus to At-wills or Encounters is that it only buffs that specific type of power. While the Primal gloves "Butcher's Might" adds power which buffs basically everything. For AOE fights it might be hard getting stacks up, so using gloves that has 3% buff to At-Wills or Encounters might be better only for fighting mobs.
  • natelive#0717 natelive Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Hey there.

I am planning on a new char. Barbarian and Fighter are the most interesting classes for me. With the new balancing changes, is the Barbarian still significantly better in DPS than the Fighter? Which class deals more damage in Mod 18? Or are they equal now? Thanks for help.
    I believe the Barbarian still produces more DPS. On making a new char, I would rather advise you to pick one which you like to play more. With class balancing in mind, there will always be changes coming and your class might only be top dog until the next mod.
  • fabricjumperfabricjumper Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    This guide is great and i benefitted a lot from it.
    However, even if you copy everything in this guide, and execute all the encounters and at-wills correctly, your damage will not catch up to the damage of other top dps classes. By saying this i mean exactly; you wont even reach %60 of their damage output. And you will not get any invites from Tomm groups unless you are in an alliance which do Tomm regularly.

why? Truth be told dear barbarians, because someone or something wants you to spend more on other classes. Other classes who look uglier than you, other classes which are ranged and dare not get in close to a foe...
    For example, a cw or ranger with a lower sequence of values ​​than you, this game just wont let you play your desired role if you are a barbarian :) And this greedy, this clumsy, lazy structure does not like the spread of the truth.
    @fabricjumper What you say about us not reaching 60% of the top DPS classes' damage is not true, also not getting invites to TOMM invites without the right alliance isn't true also. There are many Barbarian DPS'ers running TOMM and they aren't doing it within their guilds/alliances specifically.
    That being said, its well known that our damage is lacking on single target. Keep in mind there will always be classes balancing, so the DPS today may not be the top DPS tomorrow.
    edited May 2020

@fabricjumper What you say about us not reaching 60% of the top DPS classes' damage is not true, also not getting invites to TOMM invites without the right alliance isn't true also. There are many Barbarian DPS'ers running TOMM and they aren't doing it within their guilds/alliances specifically.
    That being said, its well known that our damage is lacking on single target. Keep in mind there will always be classes balancing, so the DPS today may not be the top DPS tomorrow.

i kindly challenge you to play the infernal citadel or any other dungeon of your likin with me. I will choose other dps. Maybe in this way I would have learned where I am missing. If it really happens as you say, i will delete or edit these comments.
    IC sounds good, lets do it. Find me in game.
    edited May 2020
    I tested this again and now my dps is in par with other dps classes.
    I saw that it is very important to use "trample the fallen" coupled with "not so fast" against mobs and pay attention to "combat advantage" in general.

edit: I had a chance to play with him and he appears to be a much better player than me!

Thank you again for the great guide!
    Post edited by fabricjumper on
    Mighty Leap kills soo many mobs, sometimes I dont even have time to use Not so Fast.
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    Awesome. I'm coming back so I'll defo be using this. Hope to see ya in-game <3

(Say hi to the crusaders for me, I know y'all miss my whining)