test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Acquisitions Incorporated needs a change

urtew3urtew3 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
wanted to know when we will be seeing a change to Acquisitions Incorporated cause everytime that i have completed my quest from there that i really dont want to hear anymore messages about Jim Darkmagic for how Omin Dran wont stop talking about hes egg for how annoying that gets and how they should of just left there annoying messages out of the game

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Easiest way to do it is just ignore it.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • dheffernandheffernan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 216 Arc User
    AcqInc doesn't need to be changed. It needs to be removed.

It is profoundly not funny and outright tone-deaf, moreso now than when it was added. Leaders who are ready to let any of their underlings die as long as their profits go up? Sound familiar?

None of my characters have run that content after the first one, who only did it because it was (at the time) tied to the Recruitment Event.
    @Venture-1 @Venture from City of Heroes if you remember that far back. Yes, *that* Venture. Yes, I probably trashed your MA arc. For me it was Tuesday.
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    I have completed Aquisitions Inc 100% on 4 characters. Now, a new character is my main. I have gained the 4 boons with her but have not completed the story arc. ManyCoins is my favorite skirmish and I can not play it without several weeks of grinding just to unlock it. Is it going to be unlocked by account soon or not?
  • promin3nc3#8884 promin3nc3 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Acquisitions Inc is complete cancer. It would be funny if I only had to complete every mission once and say "wow this wasn't funny at all but I'm glad I don't have to do this again" and move on to something else. But instead I have to get this guys eggs every day, scratch that giant ball and infiltrate beholder parties while listening to the most tasteless dialogue I ever heard.
    Plus the job papers are all over the city so you can fish unwilling new players to join that complete trash of a campaign.
    A friend of mine started playing a week ago and started complaining about some quests he had to do, when I realized that it was this campaign I explained to him that he should forget that it even exists and move on...
    If the campaign was in a linear fashion like Undermountain is, or even Maze Engine that would be "ok", but like it is now, no way I'm ever coming near that place.
  • rev#7881 rev Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited March 2020

Is it going to be unlocked by account soon or not?

yeap they still haven't fixed it and i expect then not to for some time as usual, and that only makes it more annoying because it will take you longer to finish it without the skirmish.
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    The first change that should be made is to arrange for Jim Darkmagic and Omin Dran to have "Accidents". That would go a long way towards improving the campaign.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    Why do you want to change it?
    Is it because it will give you a reason to go back?
    Do you really want to go back there after it is "changed"?
    Really?
    I prefer they use the time to create something new instead.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    Well, i'd love to see the option for exchanging one campaign currency for another in some form added to Sybella Artis in Protector's Enclave, but that's not going to happen, since they want you to get annoyed or even frustrated one way or the other grinding through campaigns so that you consider spending AD or ZEN on buying those sweet campaign completion tokens instead.

I mean they didn't create a new campaig category for youknowwhats and giggles in the ZEN shop, they do want people to buy those tokens and/or packs... and i'm pretty sure that the recently added AI token is selling very well.

Anyway, perhaps they could add an option to reduce spoken comments during repeatable campaign quests to a bare mimimum or let us deactivate them completly? It's fun to listen to some of those lines once or twice, but beyond that it would also be nice to have a simple "be quiet now" option (aside muting the whole game) at hand.
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    They don't need to change it or remove it. Module 15, Acquisitions Incorporated Campaign, is well over a year old. They should only maintenance it for any bugs. In fact, they should maintenance all former modules and adventure zones for bugs. With that said, I agree it is a horrible campaign, I never finished with 7 out 8 characters at 4% just so the posters don't sparkle. My rouge, Goro Thay got to 19% completion and gave up. This campaign is an annoying child's knock knock joke played on loop in Hell. Some of it was genuinely funny at the start, as the cultist talks to you about being a human sacrifice. Others found Walnut's bitter humor (calling you a murderer) offensive. After the Job Fair, it just ceased to be funny for me.

This is what went wrong (in my opinion) with module 15.

New YouTube characters were quickly forced into the game without much introduction. Maybe if we had met Jim Darkmagic briefly on a prior campaign as a side quest, or Walnut popped up briefly somewhere before this point, then we could have said, "Oh yeah, I know that person from six months ago.". In short, we had no discovery character to lead us into this plot.

Next issue, most of this humor is all geared around corporations and working at a large company. Such as interns being disposable, and other things common people, who never worked in a company setting, can't relate with in their lives. The jokes are one right after another, the same joke is repeated over and over. To give you an example of what I mean here;
    My husband inserts a bit of humor into every session of D&D but the overall game remains serious. Once a wizard in the party, who was abusing detect magic, and looting all the "good stuff" for himself, slipped on the ring of "Carrot Protection". Yes this ring protected its wearer from carrots up to 50 feet away. Passing by vegetable stands in the market almost proved lethal to the wizard as a huge barbarian thought the carrots were thrown at him. This sort of thing was a rare incident and we would all get a good laugh for 15 minutes, as our wizard got pummeled by a brute, and we moved on playing the game.

Finally many of my friends keep reminding me, should I never finish the campaign, I don't get boon points and the rank 14 enchantment it offers. I seem to be ok without them for now. Maybe some day in the future, I will mute the game and finish it up.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User
    The only acceptable change would be to delete this campaign completely. It is - by far - the worst campaign in the game.
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    Download the Conan the Barbarian soundtrack to listen to while you are running the quests...
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    Frankly, this campaign did not really bother me. I played 6 characters through this campaign at the same time. I did not concentrate on what the NPC said after the first run of the first character. I concentrate on how to finish the quests quickly such as finding all the short cut to get it done. I mentally blocked what they said and properly got it done before they finished the first sentence. I blocked it like I do not see the lockbox message anymore. It is there but I do not "receive" it.

The same applies to any campaign. I don't really care if what the NPC says is stupid or thoughtful. With 6 characters running at the same time, I only need to "hear" it few times at most. Most of the time their voice got cut off by me before they start speaking during accepting/returning quests.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • urtew3urtew3 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    sorry if it took me a while to get back found i wasn't signed in for some weird reason was talking about when you do the ai quest that they shouldn't be lighting up your mailbox cause i got better things to do than care about there message