test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Halaster's Cape and title The sane unnatainable

nooneatzanooneatza Member Posts: 173 Arc User
edited January 2020 in Bug Reports (PC)
When you do a deathless run of ToMM you're supposed to get the halaster's cape and a title, much like the svardborg banner.
So me and my friends did one yesterday and no one got anything. Went to customer support to see if they can help and they told me they don't help with any items. (bad look considering you have a "missing item" tab in your support page, no?)

So here i am, writing a bug report in the hopes that it will be looked at and hopefully fixed before anyone else encounters this issue.

You can't get the Halaster's Cape and the title The Sane if you complete a deathless run of ToMM.
This is a picture at the end of the dungeon, with the death chart on screen.

https://i.imgur.com/A0vEpAo.jpg

I don't know if it's relevant for a bugfix, but Kyo Lightbringer already had cape and title.

Comments

• mord#3639 mord Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    This is extremely disappointing. I was a member of the group in this deathless run, nobody was happy about it. What is the point in attempting to do this if the reward is bugged? I contacted Lassor about it on Discord who in turn told me to contact CS so i contacted Customer Support and they basically told me to 'go forth and multiply, we will not be giving any of you the cape or title' (or at least that's how it feels). Surely this is easily remedied? Would it not be pretty easy to go into the metrics, find the no death runs on the 3/01/2020 between 00:01AM and 01:00AM UTC (I cannot believe there would be many others) and find the proof? This is a flaw in the system, not the players and yet we still get the cold shoulder? @cwhitesidedev#9752 @nitocris83 Help! All we want is our Cape and title :anguished:
  • mongol69mongol69 Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Deathless one attempt? Currently have cape and title on multiple alts from deathless runs while another player in our group has 7 toons with the title and cape. If there are any failed attempts prior to deathless run within same instance it's not counted.

Must be deathless first attempt, ironically one run one of our friends recieved it even when carrying him and he was repelled off ledge from polarity tethers. Didn't count falling off a death and he still recieved it. But, if everyone jumped off and restarted the fight it still counts as a fail. If you have a video of the run try submitting it.
  • nooneatzanooneatza Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    > @mongol69

Obviously 1st attempt, theres a picture attached, look at the entire post before commenting otherwise people might think you're trolling
    edited January 2020
    > @nooneatza said:
    > > @mongol69
    >
    > Obviously 1st attempt, theres a picture attached, look at the entire post before commenting otherwise people might think you're trolling

Below is a link of a couple alts with capes, which are only attainable once per alt.

https://imgur.com/a/Y7I5D8n

After reading your entire post...I had listed a way runs could be deathless but unqualified for title and cape, that the title and cape are attainable, and that we have completed deathless run achievements for friends with our group and alts, so not likely a bug there.

So, as I said above, a video of the run may be more helpful at getting your issue addressed than just a screenshot. I don't see why addressing your points above or recommending attaching a video of the run would be considered trolling, but good luck either way.

I've seen weird runs myself, t9g kteam failed with no deaths, but the three of us that opened the middle chest before it kicked us out then got a completion after opening the chest in inventory, while the others didnt.

Update: I corrected my link above and should have the correct screenshots in it now.
    Post edited by mongol69 on
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Hey folks! Issue was escalated internally and we are investigating.
    edited January 2020
    We just ran a 1 tank 1 healer deathless and 2 players didn't get thier capes or titles either on ps4. So confirmed issue, the two players are submitting tickets. The video will be posted later.
    edited January 2020
    youtu.be/05TQhqfLwhM
    video of run, beefcake tank and dojo hr didn't get cape and title, 8 others already had it.
    So yeah, again, this time no one in the group had the cape, yet we still didn't get it.
    Your "hardest to achieve" vanity items are unnatainable due to bugs, makes for a really good look.

• sekosek#5740 sekosek Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    @nitocris83
    @cwhitesidedev#9752

I was in the run of the latest screenshot right above this post. And not getting the achievement and the cloak is really dissappointing. I mean this is the hardest content in the game, you made a challenge and a reward for this trial. But its bugged and not working. And this bug has been reported multiple times for the last several months. If you cannot fix the problem, atleast contact the players and give the rewards through mail or something like that please.

Same thing happened in Tales of Old Vanity Pets and its Titles during Grand Retelling, and as I recall correctly you have given out the pets and the titles to players who could not get it because of the bug.

Hopefully you will do what its necessary, by somehow allowing these players to get their cloaks. Because after you play hard and manage to finish the hardest challenge in the game, seeing its actually bugged is really frustrating. Waiting for your feedback please.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Hi @sekosek#5740! The team is still investigating this issue. I believe reproducing the bug has been a bit tricky which is typically the first necessary step to find a solution. I'll circle back with the rest of the team for any updates.
  • sorcio2sorcio2 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    sure but at least give the items to the people who deserve it while you find out the bug i mean thats the least cryptic can do and thats what every game does
    edited March 2020
    I just remembered i created this thread at the beginning of january, i'll once again bring it to the top, come on guys, you can find the issue ! See if soul puppets or dwarves from frozen journals affect the deathless run, or see if people need to leave the instance before requeing, or hell, if other people having the cape/achievement prevents people from getting it.

I'm reminding you the "hardest to achieve" appearance item and title in the game, that come from the crown jewel of your content are locked behind some bug.
  • xenocide#6119 xenocide Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    Do you need to run it in public for the cape and title? (I sure hope not!)
    No you don't need to public que, just need to do a run where nobody dies. Apparently some people are getting the cape/title while others aren't.
    (periodic reminder that this is still an issue)
    10th deathless and i've yet to get the cape