test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Amount of players per instance

rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
I did not see the change in patch-notes, but I have noticed you lowered the amount of players on a single map to some weird numbers. (most noticeable in Well of the dragons and Vallenhas - due to the BHE... where it altered the difficulty of those BHE and difficulty of getting on the right map)

I would like to suggest to couple this change with another: Remove the restriction of intentional travelling to a semi-full map.

Right now there are three stages on the map: one you can freely go to, one you can go only if there is already one party member present, and finally - totally full, you cannot get there by any means.

I would change it to the following 3 stages:
1) Fully accessible, system puts there incoming people
2) Accessible only intentionally (even without "invite"!), but the system will not put there a random incoming person
3) Full map, cannot get there by any means

And while you are touching the issue, it would be nice (- if the problem is still present, I have not checked -) that the system will always put party members to the same instance - not only in cases when the leader entered first. Having party split to more instances while leaving Master Expedition is annoying.

Comments

• sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    Thanks for pointing this out. I was going to rant about the Dragon Runs, but then I remembered, I am one of the elite few who actually enjoy doing them apparently. This is another one of those cases where we are expected to do more with less. I get tired of the motivational double talk I get asking the staff about the reduction and removal. They are pulling back on many features and when you point blank ask, for a honest answer, they tell you stuff like; That was never meant to work that way for the past 7 years. The issues caused a negative flow in synergized community as whole. The problem was addressed by scaling it back for several players not to exert themselves in the inaccurate objective. That is why the feature will be removed in the foreseeable future.

The whole game is becoming more and more like a matchmaking server, with several lobbies, with banks and mail boxes, the newest lobby is Avernus. That is my theory anyways.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Reduction in numbers of players or transfer restrictions are done to alleviate performance issues. These reductions or restrictions are often kept for longer periods of time or reintroduced if the demand for certain locations goes up and the performance is degraded.
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    @nitocris83 I do not doubt the game has the reasons, but the situation is quite awkward. You have to build temporary party to get enough people to run the BHE. Invite, kick, invite, kick. That is stupid. Needlessly complicated. And pointless.

There are BHEs recommending 10+ participants. You usually cannot reach such number without going past the first stage limit. And with lowering the total amount of players on the map it gets even harder. All I am suggesting is skip that silly mandatory 10 sec party building. Being in a party should be a little bit more sacred.

I doubt people will start jumping to full instances without any reason. And there is the second - hard - stop anyway.

This is just making things a little bit more friendly. And it should not cause any more strain on the servers.
  • zhar01zhar01 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    If you can't change this behavior cause of performance at last reduce the time to change instances for 30s. It's so annoying and with the slowness to spawn BHEs for legacy campaigns and no timer to indicate when it will spawn sometimes we can't even get before it finishes. I already pointed multiple times that BHEs should have a timer like dragon BHEs but no one never talk why this is not a thing.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    zhar01 said:

If you can't change this behavior cause of performance at last reduce the time to change instances for 30s. It's so annoying and with the slowness to spawn BHEs for legacy campaigns and no timer to indicate when it will spawn sometimes we can't even get before it finishes. I already pointed multiple times that BHEs should have a timer like dragon BHEs but no one never talk why this is not a thing.

If you want to jump to an instance which potentially already reaches the soft cap, most likely you will need to get an invite. If you get an invite, you can move to the instance (unless it reaches the hard cap) regardless of the timer. You go to another place (e.g. PE) and then come back.
    Remember, shorter the instance switching timer has two edges. It allows you to go there faster. It also allows everyone to go there faster to fill it up. I am not against that idea though.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***