test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverember Recruitment Event - can new characters started now still get rewards after the event?

tagentagen Member Posts: 48 Arc User
edited March 2020 in General Discussion (PC)
Hello, all. I have been trying to find out whether the current Recruitment event requires a new character to get all the leveling rewards before the event is over or if a character started during the event period will still get the rewards when leveling even after the end. The announcement says "any new characters who log in during this event will earn extra rewards while leveling", but is unclear on that leveling needing to be during the event.

When I have asked this in game or other locations, the responses I've received have mostly been advice on how to level quickly. This is helpful and I appreciate the information, but it does not answer the question.

Anyone here know whether the leveling rewards are only around during the actual event? Or can a character created now still get them when leveling after it ends on April 23rd?

Thanks!

Answers

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    1. in a nutshell, you need to create a new character within the event time frame and play.
    2. you have to earn the leveling rewards (boxes) with incentive reward within the event. You cannot earn any incentive reward after April 23.
    3. The incentive reward dealer stays in the PE market (forever).
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • zerappuszerappus Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    tagen said:

Hello, all. I have been trying to find out whether the current Recruitment event requires a new character to get all the leveling rewards before the event is over or if a character started during the event period will still get the rewards when leveling even after the end. The announcement says "any new characters who log in during this event will earn extra rewards while leveling", but is unclear on that leveling needing to be during the event.

When I have asked this in game or other locations, the responses I've received have mostly been advice on how to level quickly. This is helpful and I appreciate the information, but it does not answer the question.

Anyone here know whether the leveling rewards are only around during the actual event? Or can a character created now still get them when leveling after it ends on April 23rd?

Thanks!

Actually you can earn the reward tokens after as long as you've created the character within the Event timeframe, UNLESS they changed the rules.

All you really need is the adventurer's box. If you keep opening boxes after the event, it should still give the tokens. And Recruitment Rewards Store never closes, so it is always there. There's still a 200 tokens per account limit though until the next event when it resets.
    edited March 2020
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1243953/neverembers-recruitment-event-feedback/p3

According to the above thread (last recruitment event), the ability to get the recruitment token may not stop right just after April 23 but it will be shortly after that. There is no defined time how long that last (days? a week?) or that might even be a bug. If you are expecting recruitment token after the event, you are rolling a dice.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • tagentagen Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited March 2020

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1243953/neverembers-recruitment-event-feedback/p3

According to the above thread (last recruitment event), the ability to get the recruitment token may not stop right just after April 23 but it will be shortly after that. There is no defined time how long that last (days? a week?) or that might even be a bug. If you are expecting recruitment token after the event, you are rolling a dice.

Looks like the comments in that thread may have been about the incentive tokens that were apparently part of the AI campaign back then? That aspect of the recruitment event is different now, with all the tokens in the level up boxes, so the same may not apply there.

This seems like it should be a basic bit of information Cryptic would be able to clarify, but more and more I am learning that the information may just not be out there anywhere.:expressionless:
    edited March 2020
    tagen said:

Looks like the comments in that thread may have been about the incentive tokens that were apparently part of the AI campaign back then? That aspect of the recruitment event is different now, with all the tokens in the level up boxes, so the same may not apply there.

This seems like it should be a basic bit of information Cryptic would be able to clarify, but more and more I am learning that the information may just not be out there anywhere.:expressionless:
    The beginning of that thread was about the 1st recruitment event.
    The end of that thread was about the 2nd (and last) recruitment event.
    The current event is the 3rd one.
  • motu999#9953 motu999 Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    I wouldn't trust the event description. It was wrong in the first event, and not entirely clear in the second. The event description of the third event is different from the first two, meaning it is difficult to "predict" how this event plays out.
    Past experience has lead me to believe (similar to plasticbat) to consider the worst.
    In other words, it is safest to assume that you only earn rewards during the event.
    Better safe than sorry.

Here a short history of the events so far:

1. Recruitment event
    - length: roughly 2 months
    - account limit: 200 incentives
    - character limit: 100 incentives
    - some incentives required completion of AI-Campaign
    - event description indicated that the only requirement to earn rewards was to create the character during the event
    - people still got rewards (EDIT: for a character created during the event) after the event finished, for a month or so
    - then suddenly getting rewards was turned off. Even if you leveled to max DURING the original event, but did not open the leveling boxes, you would not get any rewards. That drove many people mad.

2. Recruitment event
    - length: roughly 1 month
    - account limit: 200 incentives
    - character limit: 100 incentives
    - all incentives earned through opening the leveling boxes (no incentives from AI-Campaign)
    - event description somewhat more in line with what actually happened. At least it said that rewards were earned "if you level during the event". The description did not explicitly mention, that you also need to open all your leveling boxes DURING the event. But given the experiences of the first event, most people took the safe way and leveled their characters and opened the leveling boxes DURING the event.

3. Recruitment event
    - length: slightly less than one month
    - account limit: ???? [no official statement in the event description]
    - character limit: ???? [no official statement in the event description, but limited by the max number of leveling boxes]
    - event description indicates, that you need to level during the event to get rewards
    - EDIT: event description does state, that you need to open the leveling boxes (thankyou Julia)

Based on past experience I would play it safe and ASSUME, that
    - the account limit of 200 incentives is still in place (could not confirm this so far),
    - characters can earn a maximum 100 incentives per character by opening all leveling boxes (could not confirm this, so far)
    - no rewards, when the event is finished
    Cryptic could clarify all three points mentioned above, but given past experience I would not count on it.

Post edited by motu999#9953 on
    edited April 2020

3. Recruitment event
    - length: slightly less than one month
    - account limit: ???? [no official statement in the event description]
    - character limit: ???? [no official statement in the event description, but limited by the max number of leveling boxes]
    - event description indicates, that you need to level during the event to get rewards
    - EDIT: event description does state, that you need to open the leveling boxes (thankyou Julia)

Based on past experience I would play it safe and ASSUME, that
    - the account limit of 200 incentives is still in place (could not confirm this so far),
    - characters can earn a maximum 100 incentives per character by opening all leveling boxes (could not confirm this, so far)
    - no rewards, when the event is finished
    Cryptic could clarify all three points mentioned above, but given past experience I would not count on it.

account limit: in-game description says 200.
    character limit: I have not found that in in-game description but I did make one new character last night. The last box is in level 59. My character got 100 incentives. As you said, limited by the max number of leveling boxes.

I did make one new character last night. The last box is in level 59.

Still had some of those account bound "tomes of experience" with 5000 XP each?
    They were perfect for this event. Sadly we cannot acquire them any more ...

edited April 2020

I did make one new character last night. The last box is in level 59.

Still had some of those account bound "tomes of experience" with 5000 XP each?
    They were perfect for this event. Sadly we cannot acquire them any more ...

Many. Probably, over 15 stacks (I have not checked everywhere).
    I am a hoarder. When people trashed theirs, I stashed mine.
    Also, this is the only event I can use them because they cannot be used after level 70 or 80.
    It was alarming that when I checked them last night with a level 80, the tool tip says "requires level: 1". What the ...? How?
    When it is viewed by my new character, the tool tip says "No level requirement". Duh!
    Both description lie.
    Lucky you. Although, you will need a lot of fresh characters in order to be able to use your 15+ stacks of XP tomes. :-)

Yes, I was also worried when I last checked the tomes with my lvl80s.
    Seems they only work up to the old level cap (70).
    Before the event, all my characters were lvl 80, so was not sure if they just were wasting valuable storage space.

Being an altoholic, I have too many characters anyway.
    But I still had four open character slots left before the event.
    Now down to two open slots (reserved for the next event).
    And my single stack of XP tomes is down to 30.
    Enough to give me a boost for the next event, when I will use my last two open slots :-)

The general idea being (since the first event)
    - create two new characters at the beginning of event (because of account limit of 200 incentives)
    - run them through the tutorial
    - apply 10-15 XP tomes each to get to lvl 22-25 (otherwise do as many quests as required to get to that level range)
    - buy equipment with utility slots (boots, helm, bracers)
    - slot three affordable (lvl 8) azure enchantments into the utility slots for the XP boost
    - also slot your guild's xp boon, if available
    - invoke away every day in order to level up to lvl 59 during the event

Pro Tips:
    - crafted equipment with utility slots (boots, helm, bracers) is available at lvl 15+, mob drops seem to require lvl 22+
    - if you are on a low budget, the vendor in blackdagger ruins sells equipment in the lvl range 22-25 (for tokens that drop from mobs)
    - otherwise buy the equipment from the AH - for a premium price during the event
    - to level faster: run random queues or do the guild quests that open up at lvl 20+
    [the two quests in PE per day are very quick and give good XP]
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Sorry, when you say "the two quests in PE per day", what two quests are you referring to?

Thanks!
    CM
    sto-sig-pic.png
    edited April 2020
    The guild builder hands out 2 quests per day (there are four different quests, but some of them are only every second day).
    These quests send you to Protector's Enclave (PE):
    - worker recruitment (Driftwood tavern, every second day)
    - guard recruitment (every second day, two versions of it)
    - fetch supplies (every day, merchant area)