test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

BiS equipment impossible to obtain

paulamyo#4926 paulamyo Member Posts: 73 Arc User
Hi.

I find quite unfair that there is a BiS set, the tales of old one, that can not anymore be obtained.

Do you really think that this is a good practice?

What do you tell me as a player with an "aproaching-BiS" character about knowing that I will NEVER EVER get this BiS set?

Please, if it is gonna continue to be BiS for some classes, please make it available.

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    BiS comes and goes. Catch the next wave.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    greywynd said:

BiS comes and goes. Catch the next wave.

Yep. I was just about to say the same myself :)
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,213 Arc User
    Don't worry. They will make it available but by that time, it will not be BiS.
    I got many drops that was BiS ... once upon of time.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • xenocide#6119 xenocide Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    Situationaly there are better artifacts to use than that one depending on what you are running.
    It's a good idea to have a few different artifacts to use as your active for different situations and using a decanter, soul sight crystal or another that is close to as good. You should should still be able to top the dps charts and carry medium geared parties.
  • milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    Like the others said, different strokes for different folks. If you have the bag space, carry more than one set of gear. I find for PVE with my pally that the tales set is good for maxxing my HP when running groups. However, if I want to run PVE in the same way I did in mod 15, I need to have things such as the staff of flowers, vile book, halasters blast sceptre, or similar, as those give me more power, and other stats, whereas in PVE hp doesn't mater as much as kicking hindquarters and taking names does...

Trust me, in 3-6 months the tales set will be obsolete, or not nearly as effective other sets.

My advice is to not chase after the BIS, but to "rung what you brung" and upgrade as you can.
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    A good alternative for Storyteller active is Staff of Flowers or Decanter of Atropal, plus a DPS% booster artifact for bosses (optional). An inactive set of artifacts that boost Power will make those competitive.

If AP gain is a major reason for wanting the Story teller set, you can still gain a lot of AP this way:

Protege's Trousers - (gives about 7.5% of your AP bar per minute)
    Tanner's Leather Ring - Adds half health as damage to all dailies
    Lathander's Dew (consumable) - 20% AP bar per minute.
    2x Greater Corrupt Black Ice Enchantments - 18% of AP bar per minute.
    Stealer of the Stars Hood (gives 1% AP gain per kill) or Chitter's Fangs
    Sigil of the Cleric artifact - 25% AP bar gained per minute
    Sunlords Gift Elixir - 15% of an AP bar per minute
    Vivified Boots (gives 3% AP gain per kill)
    Alliance Battle Horn (gives 31% AP bar every 5 minutes)
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 915 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    The thing about Best In Slot (BIS) anything, is as soon or shortly after a person obtains it - there is a new BIS something to take it's place so there is no such thing as a BIS something or other, at least not for long anyway.

I gave up trying to chase BIS anything, quite a while ago for that very reason... Just find something you are sufficiently happy to gear up with until you can find something you want or can afford to replace it with.

Now for players wanting to 'complete their collection' or wants to adopt some kind of signature appearance, it definitely sucks to have items suddenly disappear in the middle of acquiring them, but then that's been the nature of the game for years I believe.
    DD~
  • cracklepants#2252 cracklepants Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Yeah, I couldn't afford the Chultan tiger when it was hot, so I had to settle for a Xuna. :)